advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Education/courses on bodybuilding nutrition?

Evom1

Registered
Hey guys I'm looking around and trying to see if anywhere offers a program/online course in nutrition specifically targeted around bodybuilding and or contest prep? I have a good general knowledge and all, but I'd love to really learn as much as possible and the science behind bodybuilding nutrition.

I'm certified through NESTA, currently working on NASM and work as a CA so I have alot of knowledge with nutrition geared towards general health and wellness but I'd really like to further my education and learn more of how to make the food work and really dial someone in. I'd love to one day be able to do some work as a prep coach, but I want to be sure I'm as educated as possible before venturing down that road.

Any information for courses offered would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Online course, not that I'm aware of. People on here still use safe-mail. Technology isn't the forte of the bodybuilding community.

not really sure this is the kinda thing classes are available on...\

many well known coaches give seminars, I think that is about as much of a class as you will get...

to me this is an area that really requires some real world experience and not something that can be purely taught...

probably you would learn best by hiring a good coach and have him do a prep for you, watch videos of some of the more well known guys, I know ken "skip" hill had some great info online years back...

then experiment!

turning people into mutants I think has more variables then x+y=z...

your better off studying hormones, and relating it to nutrition. nutrition hasnt evolved drugs have. and therfore nutrition guidelines are different. Make you the best you you can and it will be the best advertising you can have. If you have buddies that will listen do the same. Because it really individual thing, even though basic principles apply. ISSA has a great course online off the top of my head. I dont know what you studied but Diatitians spend way to much time understanding the science behind what we eat more so then body compesition and can just fuck with your head.

Unfortunately there really aren't any classes or certifications out there centered around bodybuilding. The closest you could get in terms of a certification would probably be the Precision Nutrition certification, but that still doesn't go in to diets designed specifically for bodybuilding.

My opinion would be to basically make up your own customized education plan from a lot of different resources. You would certainly want to have a strong foundation in the anatomy and physiology of the digestive system, endocrine system, etc. This could come from most college/graduate level nutrition textbooks that you could find on amazon. At the end of the day, the science is the science when it comes to nutrition. You have to have a foundation in the science and then be able to apply it to bodybuilding.

From there I would just soak in everything and anything that John Meadows, Shelby, Skip, Dante, Layne Norton, Alan Aragon, Chris Aceto, etc. has ever put online. All of those guys have tons of posts and articles (a lot on this very website) all over the net detailing their thoughts and experiences with nutrition and how they set up diets for clients. A lot of them have also made e-books that you can buy.

A final thing I would add is to do a show if you have never competed. Maybe even hire one of the guys above as a coach. See what the whole process is really like and what has to be done nutritionally to get to the stage. Experience is a great educational tool.

Good luck!

Dave Palumbo did one recently in Long Island NY. Not sure where you are from but you can find what you need on the Internet or hit Dave Palumbo up. Maybe he can offer an online course or something

well 95% of the time I've trained the wrong way and resulted in many injuries/imbalances fucked up posture and fitness level to the point that I was miles better off before I started again. now I do look better but with fucked up fitness level and posture and what not - a plastic boy look really - how to improve and snap out of that?. anybody know where to get hold of these personal trainer manuals? the complete courses , I've seen them on Bitme but for whatever reason my account got disabled or something . anybody can send me an invite?

Last edited:
I think most people have covered everything. Most mainsteam courses are full of crap and misinformation. Sure it could all be applied for better results but it isn't really what you are after. Your best bet would be hiring a bodybuilding coach. But not just any bodybuilding coach,,, someone with an educated background. Two people that come to mind are Dr Scott Stevenson and John Meadows.

I don't really feel you know what I am talking about,but there is some truth in what you are saying.watched too many videos and do not even believe for a sec this is ALL what pros do. there is so much other work behind the scenes that is not discussed in MD magazine targeting the average gym joe. it's not just about bb although bb covers quite a lot m, but , . read somewehre abit more detailed information about what is roughly going to be in it and fancied it to be honest, I really need to know the right way to train as per my previous post and I do believe in the value of these. surely they would encourage you to think more about what and how do you want it.

anyway I really want to look at these. there are some very useful ones for lower back pain as well

what I really am talking about are the reps courses

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner