over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Effective Sleeping Pills/Agents?

reebokrunner456

Registered
Any suggestions, (for supps, meds, etc.), that do NOT include the following would be greatly appreciated:

Meds -
Clonazepam (Klonopin) - not all that effective at making me fall asleep, but at least gives awesome quality sleep once it finally knocks me out (if it knocks me out...)
Lorazepam (Ativan) - not effective
Trazodone - makes things worse, shitty quality sleep
Zolpidem (Ambien) - makes things worse, shitty quality sleep

Supps -
5-htp - useless (even at ONE GRAM)
Chamomile -useless
Doxylamine - useless
Melatonin - worked decently at one time, now useless (even at FIFTY mgs)
Simply Sleep (diphenhydramine HCI) - worked great at one time; now pretty much useless
Valerian root - worked decently at one time, now useless

Interested in the opinions of others on this topic as well. Sleep, for me, comes in 5hr blocks of time at best. Melatonin is what I currently use and, while it puts me out rather quickly, I wake within the first hour of dozing off.:sleepi:g-

IDK what's in it at the moment, but two nyquil night time caps and I'm out for a good 8 hours, and fall asleep pretty quick.

Regular "sleep aids" don't keep me asleep well at all, and I feel groggy when I do get up. Not so with the Nyquil.

IDK what's in it at the moment, but two nyquil night time caps and I'm out for a good 8 hours, and fall asleep pretty quick.

Regular "sleep aids" don't keep me asleep well at all, and I feel groggy when I do get up. Not so with the Nyquil.

oops, forgot to add that to the list. tried that a few years ago instead of my sleep meds, cuz I had a cold. tossed and turned all night. i think it either has the same stuff as simply sleep (diphenhydramine HCI) or the other OTC compound, Doxylamine + a decongestant and/or pain reliever.

I use doxylamine Succinate when I need to get to sleep. Little blue over the counter pills.

I use doxylamine Succinate when I need to get to sleep. Little blue over the counter pills.

already on my list. that stuff was completely useless for me from the getgo :(

I used to take ambien too, all it would do is get me stoned and Id stay up ordering shit online till like 4 am. I wouldnt remember it either.

Then i switched to lunesta. It def works, just you get a terrible taste in your mouth from it, but that goes away the next day with some listerine and brushing your teeth.

I also use GABA which actually helps.

But the best thing so far for me is xanax. I get anxiety about falling asleep cause i have trouble with it, and xanax is an anti-anxiety med. You get the picture.

I used to take ambien too, all it would do is get me stoned and Id stay up ordering shit online till like 4 am. I wouldnt remember it either.

Then i switched to lunesta. It def works, just you get a terrible taste in your mouth from it, but that goes away the next day with some listerine and brushing your teeth.

I also use GABA which actually helps.

But the best thing so far for me is xanax. I get anxiety about falling asleep cause i have trouble with it, and xanax is an anti-anxiety med. You get the picture.

Thanks for the tips! Haha, yes, ambien definitely gave a high. At least I was able to remember everything and did not end up eating or doing shit I couldn't remember the next day, like 90% of the ppl I know who've taken it.... :eek:

I've tried GABA as well (no dice either, unfortunately). Actually, I still have some on hand. What dose did you find to be effective?

I'll have to keep lunesta in mind; I've heard good things about that, as well as Soma (thanks ballennonstop! if you read this! ;) ). After the shit I put up with from my body on a daily basis, terrible taste is definitely a side I can deal with [and with a smile on my face, if this shit works!]

Glad you think xanax is the best, cuz I'm about to give that a try tonight, courtesy of my brother who kindly offered to let me try some. :cool: ...then again, my sleep problem is very different, like yesterday (following a near all nighter), I literally could not see straight, had a splitting headache, and had trouble walking (due to sleep deprivation). Usually when I'm nearly ready to collapse like that, is one of the few instances where Klonopin is actually effective at knocking me out... not so last nite. Five fuckin hours [and 3,000+ calories] later (PLUS 1/2 serv. simply sleep) and I was finally knocked out....

Well, I'll just have to hope xanax is works like everyone says it does; fingers and toes crossed!

soma. They are not called soma coma for nothing.

sorry, missed your post! yes, another forum member also recommended this to me... definitely top on my list if my bros xanax doesn't get the job done.

Be careful xanax is very addictive. I have personally see it ruin lives.

Funny, I have tried all those meds with little success. The Klonopin wiked for a couple days then the doc kept uping the dosage until I said enough of this. I actually wake up 5 fimes every night and eat everything in sight sometime while still asleep. To say the least sleep sucks. Ketotifen works sometimes but its hard to wake up.

Be careful xanax is very addictive. I have personally see it ruin lives.

Yes, agreed. Luckily I do not have an addictive personality.

And I am not saying I am immune to addiction, because no one is, I am just not PRONE to addiction.

But I have seen people get pretty bad with it..

And in terms of GABA I usually take 5-6 grams per night

You can try mirtazapine which is an anti-depressant (hits norepinephrine and serotonin) that you take at bedtime. 15 mg is a good dose to start.
Insomnia is a battle with so many root causes it is difficult to find a good med. I have found mirtazapine to be a good choice for me.
Good luck.

seroquel, l-theanine, phenibut, l-tryptophan. All are worth looking into.

Guys, thanks for all the suggestions! :)

Have you been to a doctor about your sleeping problem?
Yeah. My doc was the one who:

1. First recommended mega-dosing melatonin (no dice) =>
2. Then prescribed Ambien (still no dice) =>
3. Then tried me on Trazodone (nadda) =>
4. Then Klonopin (which has been the best, but far from adequate)

There is ONE thing that is surefire, fail-proof, 110% guaranteed to knock me cold for 10-12 hrs: consuming 3,000+ calories in one sitting RIGHT before bed. :( Clearly not a viable solution for obvious reasons.

I’m guessing this is why the sleeping meds aren't effective: cuz my F'd up sleep is not the problem but rather a symptom/manifestation of the underlying issue: XTREME hunger + hypoglycemic/hyperinsulinemia.

Ron's peptides (CJC-1295 +GHRP-2) have virtually solved the hunger problem; :) but for over a year now, I've eaten all the "day's" worth of food in the middle of the night, right before bed, within a 2-4 hr. timeframe. I know that's a horrible eating pattern, but it was: 1) the ONLY way I was able to prevent gaining weight/fat AND 2) (due to the excruciatingly painful hunger), the ONLY way I was able to fall asleep.

Anyhow, now that the hunger is solved, I'm desperately trying to get my eating back on a normal pattern because the hypoglycemia prevents me from sleeping. As crazy as this sounds, the hypo is ALWAYS most severe after my first meal of the day (or night), yet barely present (if at all) after my last meal; so if only I can get the meals back on track (breakfast in the morning, lunch in the afternoon, dinner at night), I should be well on my way to lots of rest and fatloss (or so I hope)….

As for the addictive tendency, I appreciate the warning and I am well aware of this. I'm not saying I'm immune to addiction, but I don't tend to have a problem. A few years ago, I was taking pretty modest amounts of Vicodin ('script for 5x/day of tabs w/ 7.5 mg hydrocodone). Friends would always freak out that I'd become an addict, but I could never see that happening… I felt like complete shit the entire time I was on it and would back down/off as soon as the menstrual pain went from excruciating to severe/moderate. I've also taken adderall (for energy), which I know can be extremely addictive as well. No for me! Made me feel like complete shit and definitely did not provide the clean kind of energy I get from simple OTC caffeine supp products like ErgoBurn and Stim-X. With that being said, I definitely don't plan on using xanax (or any of these other agents) long term. But now that Ron's peptides have my hunger under control, I just need a little help flipping my circadian rhythm back to normal.

Somatomax- I take every night. Main ingredient is phenibut. Knocks me out I got major sleeping issues otherwise.

I would begin by determining why u can't fall asleep or stay asleep. I would get to the root of the problem. If u have insurance, counseling will work. I would stay away from seroquel. That's an anti-psychotic, the guy who recomended that is an idiot. If ur gonna go with a drug approved by the FDA, I would go with Valium. Good luck.

I would begin by determining why u can't fall asleep or stay asleep. I would get to the root of the problem. If u have insurance, counseling will work. I would stay away from seroquel. That's an anti-psychotic, the guy who recomended that is an idiot. If ur gonna go with a drug approved by the FDA, I would go with Valium. Good luck.

Forgot to add Valium to the list. That was one of the more effective things, but like with K-pin, far from adequate. Xanax apparently = no dice either, seeing that I'm awake and typing this almost 4 hrs. after 1/2 mg.

The root of the problem is hunger/hypoglycemia, obviously, since consuming 3,000+ cals in a sitting knocks me out, fail-proof, everytime... not to mention the shitloads of consistent blood tests I've had that point to some pretty fucked up glucose/insulin [mal]-functioning (i.e. 45-60 min postprandial glucose of 43-64; postprandial 2 hr. insulin 151 (HIGHEST normal value listed being ~50!)

Counseling was one of the most miserable (and FRUSTRATING) failures/experiences I've ever endured, (again, because the root problem is clearly physical). I can talk to a counselor till I'm blue in the face; but unless they have some sort of psycho-super power, it ain't gonna do my a damn bit of good in terms of helping my glucose/insulin control (or lack thereof).......

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws