over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Effects of Anavar on Total and Free Testosterone Levels

IronViking69

Registered
Newbies
Hey, everyone. I've been lurking (and learning) on this board for several months, finally registered an account last month, and I'm making my first post today.

I've searched the forums for the effects Anavar might have on total and free testosterone levels when tested, but the closest relevant information I've found is related to clearance times for the drug's metabolites.

So here's my situation and question for those on TRT: I'm in my 50s and injecting 200mg of Cypionate each week. This is prescribed, and my provider bases renewed prescriptions on the most recent blood work. Five weeks ago I was told that my next blood draw would be in 12 weeks. So I decided to go TRT+ for 8 weeks by adding 50mg of Anavar everyday. After getting a few weeks into the Anavar cycle, I was informed that I needed to show up at the clinic for blood work in 6 weeks rather than 12. Of course, my concern is that my total testosterone or free testosterone (doesn't Anavar significantly affect SHBG?) will be elevated beyond my norm and the doctor will want to reduce my TRT dose. I've been told I might need to live with the re-prescribed dose for as long as 6 months before new labs.

If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Continue with the 8-week Anavar cycle and hope it doesn't skew blood work too much? Stop the Anavar to be safe? If the latter, would you stop it 2 weeks before the blood draw? Or perhaps one week, since steroid plotters show that 50mg of Anavar ED over a short cycle clear the system in roughly 7 days?

I understand that Deca has shown up in blood work as additional testosterone for TRT guys when an ELICA test was used. Does anyone know how Anavar compares in this situation?

Thanks in advance for any insight any of you might provide!

It may increase your T levels since if I remember correctly anavar doesn't your hpta. The other thing is it may lower your HDL which will red flag your Dr.

It may increase your T levels since if I remember correctly anavar doesn't your hpta. The other thing is it may lower your HDL which will red flag your Dr.

Thanks for the reply!

Fortunately, this round of labs will only measure total testosterone, free testosterone, SHBG, and E2. This is just for the purpose of determining whether my weekly dose needs any tweaking. My last round of comprehensive labs looked good two months ago.

I anticipated the hit to my lipids with Anavar, so I started taking rosuvastatin twice a week and added citrus bergamot twice a day to my arsenal of support supplements.

Unless I receive different guidance here, I think I'll drop down to 25mg of Anavar two weeks out from the labs, then drop it completely a week before the labs. Though metabolites would obviously still be detectable, I suspect that serum testosterone levels will have normalized after 7 days totally off.

Thanks for the reply!

Fortunately, this round of labs will only measure total testosterone, free testosterone, SHBG, and E2. This is just for the purpose of determining whether my weekly dose needs any tweaking. My last round of comprehensive labs looked good two months ago.

I anticipated the hit to my lipids with Anavar, so I started taking rosuvastatin twice a week and added citrus bergamot twice a day to my arsenal of support supplements.

Unless I receive different guidance here, I think I'll drop down to 25mg of Anavar two weeks out from the labs, then drop it completely a week before the labs. Though metabolites would obviously still be detectable, I suspect that serum testosterone levels will have normalized after 7 days totally off.
Statin should help along with bergamot. I do a low dose statin along with bergamot and old school inositol/choline taking Sus with deca and had full panel and Dr said my labs were perfect. In the past it was always one thing or another that was off so my Doc said whatever your doing keep doing it.

If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Continue with the 8-week Anavar cycle and hope it doesn't skew blood work too much? Stop the Anavar to be safe? If the latter, would you stop it 2 weeks before the blood draw? Or perhaps one week, since steroid plotters show that 50mg of Anavar ED over a short cycle clear the system in roughly 7 days?
I know it's been a while, but I would suggest stopping it.

I'm on self-administered TRT and did an 8-week Anavar cycle. My pre-cycle bloodwork showed a total T level of ~700.

A week after ending the Anavar cycle, my bloodwork showed a total T level of ~300.

During the cycle, I had a hunch my free T was higher due to my libido being through the roof.

I'm not sure why my total T would be reduced, although it might have something to do with Anavar's effect on SHBG:

Anavar usage has been shown to reduce sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). Reduction in SHBG reduction increases the amount of free testosterone (active) in the body.

Thanks for the reply!

I doubt that's going to help. It may some but I don't think it will.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear