over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Egg Protein vs. Whey Isolate

I agree with you on the main point. Both are great for building muscle. my only concern is which one will absorb faster post workout. I've done my research and it seems to suggest whey isolate (hydrolyzed or not) absorbs faster than egg. That's why I'll be keeping the egg as a daily shake and start using whey as post workout. :cool:

Slower proteins can be better post-w/o for preventing protein breakdown. This is why guys like Lyle McDonald promote Milk Protein isolates (whey/casein) over just whey. Whey is much better pre-w/out though as it promotes protein synthesis. I'd keep the egg protein in the post-w/o shake (with or without whey), or a solid meal. If you are doing intra-w/o drinks, then this is all moot, and I'd probably go for a solid meal. Just something to think about. That being said, whey is so versatile, I use it for both if I need to:cool:

I was taking 30 gms Bcaa's pre, then 75 whey iso intra and 75 whey iso post, with others.
I switched post too 25 gms of each. Beef, egg and Whole egg with No noticeable difference...
But Hey, why take a chance.

I can see using slower digestible protein only when your not feeding every couple hours or pre bed same with carbs!

Last edited:
Slower proteins can be better post-w/o for preventing protein breakdown. This is why guys like Lyle McDonald promote Milk Protein isolates (whey/casein) over just whey. Whey is much better pre-w/out though as it promotes protein synthesis. I'd keep the egg protein in the post-w/o shake (with or without whey), or a solid meal. If you are doing intra-w/o drinks, then this is all moot, and I'd probably go for a solid meal. Just something to think about. That being said, whey is so versatile, I use it for both if I need to:cool:

I tried intra workout aminos and got little out of it so that is off the table for me. I'm going to go with they whey post workout for now and keep the egg to supplement for protein when necessary.

I think there is no need to eat more egg protein, you should eat some soy food, more beaf and vegetables. And post workout are a must.

I was taking 30 gms Bcaa's pre, then 75 whey iso intra and 75 whey iso post, with others.
I switched post too 25 gms of each. Beef, egg and Whole egg with No noticeable difference...
But Hey, why take a chance.

I can see using slower digestible protein only when your not feeding every couple hours or pre bed same with carbs!

YES! I tried about every possible way of eating over the years, and as long as your DAILY protein intake is sufficient for your needs, there's absolutely no difference in terms of results if you eat a little more here or a little less there... that "postworkout window" is way overrated IMO, mainly a trick used by sports supplements companies to make you buy their so called VITAL stuff... :rolleyes::eek:

Eating regularly is all it takes.

I like the Post workout Window....
I figure you just depleted most Glycogen and damaged muscle fibres.
Plus with a hefty dose of Bcaa's you increase growth pathways.
Not to mention, HGH peaking, Insulin peaking and my host of Orals peaking!

YES! I tried about every possible way of eating over the years, and as long as your DAILY protein intake is sufficient for your needs, there's absolutely no difference in terms of results if you eat a little more here or a little less there... that "postworkout window" is way overrated IMO, mainly a trick used by sports supplements companies to make you buy their so called VITAL stuff... :rolleyes::eek:

Eating regularly is all it takes.

I find when dieting...this works really well. I basically eat when I'm hungry as long as I don't go over my deficit and I hit the macros I'm trying to consume. Plus I find that as long as my weekly average hits home..the daily totals don't matter as much.

When trying to gain weight...I will admit I do go overboard especially post-workout and the next two meals after. But in the grand scheme of things...I probably screw myself over mentally as I never see myself as others around me do.

True Nutrition or Synthetek's proteins are such high quality I wouldnt go with anyone else

Steak, chicken, turkey, eggs. You don’t need protein powder or fancy aminos. Just eat food. Hahaha ��

How long have you been doing this method? A friend of mine had stomach surgery, and afterwards had to stop using whey for quite a while. Even after he was able to go back to whey, he stuck with the Whole Foods for post w/o. I tried this method before and liked the results. My stomach seemed to prefer “food” over the whey. Thinkin of doin it permanently as well.

Last edited:
We have been using NutraBio products for a while. There labels are clean and since we're lactose and soy intolerant, it works perfect.

Whey Protein Isolate - 5 Pounds - NutraBio.com

i have been using both nutrabio or truenutrition proteins for years. I trust both i am a little skeptical about the dymatize iso 100.

i also like the nutrabio pre and pre extreme preworkout products and the supercarb (hbcd).

Last edited:
i have been using both nutrabio or truenutrition proteins for years. I trust both i am a little skeptical about the dymatize iso 100.

i also like the nutrabio pre and pre extreme preworkout products and the supercarb (hbcd).

I've been using the Nutra Bio Whey Isolate for the past three weeks and I'm liking it so far. I do trust the brand but I can't use pre-workouts as they fuck with my head and trigger pre-siezure conditions. I am going to try the Dymatize, but probably not right away.

For those that use NutraBio Whey Isolate Chocolate, how is the flavor?

its fine, none of the flavors are bad in my opinion as it mixes so well. i just try to get more creative on protein flavors, they used to have a chocolate mint and a cappuccino in the 5lb that they no longer carry for whatever reason. my last order i did the cinnamon bun which i really like and i have the pumpkin spice from truenutrition.

We've tried a couple other flavors, but always seem to return to chocolate. Like mentioned, mixes well

IMHO, people put too much emphasis on the flavor of all this. Ive found after drinking Whey and other isolated proteins 2-3 times daily, all the fake surgery flavored crap starts getting to me. I like just clean, non flavored, throw in some frozen berries and get it down. That artificial sweet crap is not good for you anyhow.

IMHO, people put too much emphasis on the flavor of all this. Ive found after drinking Whey and other isolated proteins 2-3 times daily, all the fake surgery flavored crap starts getting to me. I like just clean, non flavored, throw in some frozen berries and get it down. That artificial sweet crap is not good for you anyhow.

On the other hand a good flavoured protein shake helps kill cravings n allows people to stick to there diet much better.

This in the long run out weighs the neg of a Lil artificial sweetner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the other hand a good flavoured protein shake helps kill cravings n allows people to stick to there diet much better.

This in the long run out weighs the neg of a Lil artificial sweetner

Good point! Never thought of that. I will admit when I go into my third severing of scrambled egg whites for the day, I'm like "blah, yuck" but I get it down. LOL.

Good point! Never thought of that. I will admit when I go into my third severing of scrambled egg whites for the day, I'm like "blah, yuck" but I get it down. LOL.

Haha I no that feeling

One scoop of an egg protein powder supplement provides around 24 grams of protein, while a scoop of whey protein provides anywhere from 20 to 30 grams of protein, depending on the type.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131