over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Egg Protein vs. Whey Isolate

method2madness

Registered
I currently use a high quality egg protein for my post truing shake but i'm looking to make a change. opinions on the efficacy of both egg and whey? Also looking for a high quality whey isolate recommendation. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks guys!

Ok, you said any suggestions and I'm sure some other more qualified veterans will chime in with better suggestions.

I use a lot of egg whites. I mean a carton per day. I get mine from Costco, and I always cook them, as even though the pasteurized egg whites are safe raw, they do not digest as well raw. I cook egg whites into all sort of stuff, even whisking it into my oatmeal most morning, or cook one regular egg and a two cups egg whites scrambled. Whatever it takes to get them down.

For Whey and all other powdered protein and BCAAS. I use Truenutrition.

Synthepure.......forgot how much I liked this stuff until I got some the other day.

Cleanest isolate out there and you can put the unflavored one in anything.

30 gram scoop....29 grams of protein.....how cool is that?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I may be wrong, but I think the egg digests a little slower. In my mind that means you have more time to stimulate muscle protein synthesis since the total amount of time in the small intestine will be longer.

I think you can mitigate the fast digestion speed of whey by taking it with a meal, which in that situation would make the egg a little bit irrelevant.

I may be wrong, but I think the egg digests a little slower. In my mind that means you have more time to stimulate muscle protein synthesis since the total amount of time in the small intestine will be longer.

I think you can mitigate the fast digestion speed of whey by taking it with a meal, which in that situation would make the egg a little bit irrelevant.

Egg does digest at a slower rate which is why I'm going to keep it as one of my "meals" but I'm going to try Whey isolate specifically for post workout due to it's faster absorption rate. RMTT recommends Synthepure. I checked it out and it seems great, but a little pricey. I'll figure it out the brand after some more research. Thanks for the input.

Steak, chicken, turkey, eggs. You don’t need protein powder or fancy aminos. Just eat food. Hahaha 💪

With my work schedule and hectic home life I don't have the luxury or time for getting my daily proteins from all food sources, so for me Protein powders, especially post workout are a must. And I tried intra workout aminos for a couple months and realized I was wasting my money. Won't ever buy them again.

Steak, chicken, turkey, eggs. You don’t need protein powder or fancy aminos. Just eat food. Hahaha 💪

I would much rather eat real food but I'm trying to get in 400g a day. That's a lotta meat.

With my work schedule and hectic home life I don't have the luxury or time for getting my daily proteins from all food sources, so for me Protein powders, especially post workout are a must. And I tried intra workout aminos for a couple months and realized I was wasting my money. Won't ever buy them again.

Aminos never made sense to me. It takes hours for food to work it's way through the small intestine. If I ate recently, and am absorbing amino acids from the meal, how are aminos going to help me????

Aminos never made sense to me. It takes hours for food to work it's way through the small intestine. If I ate recently, and am absorbing amino acids from the meal, how are aminos going to help me????

That is essentially my thought process as well.

I alternate food meals and drinks. My body responds very well to whey protein. I add pasteurized egg whites, oats, and fish oil.
I agree with the intraworkout fad. I tried it but i saw no benefit. Waste of money!

you can never go wrong with hydrolyzed protein. its already broken down for you so your body doesnt have to go thru the hassle of breaking down the protein itself. apparently more of the protein you take in is actually being taken in by the body instead of sitting and bloating the stomach

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I currently use a high quality egg protein for my post truing shake but i'm looking to make a change. opinions on the efficacy of both egg and whey? Also looking for a high quality whey isolate recommendation. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks guys!

Both are good. IMO, type of protein source is overrated when it comes to building muscle. Eggs are very healthy. Whey is a tried and true proven protein source too. I make sure to get both.

Both are good. IMO, type of protein source is overrated when it comes to building muscle. Eggs are very healthy. Whey is a tried and true proven protein source too. I make sure to get both.

I agree with you on the main point. Both are great for building muscle. my only concern is which one will absorb faster post workout. I've done my research and it seems to suggest whey isolate (hydrolyzed or not) absorbs faster than egg. That's why I'll be keeping the egg as a daily shake and start using whey as post workout. :cool:

True nutrition team skip blend. All your bases covered with one product.

Synthepure.......forgot how much I liked this stuff until I got some the other day.

Cleanest isolate out there and you can put the unflavored one in anything.

30 gram scoop....29 grams of protein.....how cool is that?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I've been saying it for years,,the stuff is AMAZING! Best Whey isolate made without question.

Dymatize iso 100, can't go past it for immediately post workout imo

I'm looking into that one and it seems good. I bought a small tub of a whey isolate from NutraBio just to test the waters and see if I can tolerate whey after years of not using it. So far after 3 days and no ill effects I'm thinking it's good to go. I'll likely go with the Dymatize when I order next. Thanks for the suggestions guys! :cool:

Truenutrition. Several different types of isolate available. I prefer the cold filtraed. Pick your flavor and anything else you want and youre good to go. Chocolate coconut is delicious. Cant beat their price either. Use massiveg's discount code of massg to save five percent off your order

you can never go wrong with hydrolyzed protein. its already broken down for you so your body doesnt have to go thru the hassle of breaking down the protein itself. apparently more of the protein you take in is actually being taken in by the body instead of sitting and bloating the stomach

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You can actually utilize di and tri peptides so whole proteins result in better overall nitrogen retention than denatured/hydrolyzed proteins, although hydrolyzed does absorb faster.

I recommend TrueNutrion Cold Filtered Whey, I like the soy/bgh free one, and I get plain.

My favorite shake:

Whey Isolate
Oatmeal
Banana
Frozen Strawberries
Peanut Butter
Kale
Full Fat Greek Yogurt
Chia Seeds

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads