over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Egg whites in intra workout nutrition?

addams29

Registered
Ive been turned on to intra workout nutrition along with my Humalog 30 min prior to workout, by my coach more than a few months ago.
I have a 2 part question for you bros.. ..
Has anyone considered adding say 2 cups of egg whites to their intra workout nutrition while dosing slin pre workout??
Im racking my brain thinking the Humalog should shuttle the protein from the egg whites directly into my muscles along with 10 mg BCAAS, 1 scoop creatine monohydrate, 1 scoop Glutamine, and 1 scoop Citrulline malate, and agmatine sulfate.
Im just trying to maximize my grownth..... And i also implemented my full 8iu/day of my GH PWO, I/M......then 80 .cg LR3 IGF-1 PWO also.
I would appreciate anyone's thoughts/opinions. Thanks....

EAA's would be a better and cheaper alternative

much cheaper.

idk the answer to your GH/peptide question tho :/

Thanks Little Slice......too late to edit, but i forgot to add i am up to 23 iu Humalog pre workout, and in addition to what i listed, I DO add about 100 grams of Karbolyn to skake #1 and shake #2, OF COURSE or else i would be dead by now.....
So you suggest EAA's INSTEAD of BCAA's??

Little Slice the GH/peptide question was more of a comment on what i am doing, ot really a question, its being done due to the instruction of my coach. Am starting the GH/peptide protocol tomorrow btw...

Thanks Little Slice......too late to edit, but i forgot to add i am up to 23 iu Humalog pre workout, and in addition to what i listed, I DO add about 100 grams of Karbolyn to skake #1 and shake #2, OF COURSE or else i would be dead by now.....
So you suggest EAA's INSTEAD of BCAA's??

23iu seems a bit excessive.. IMO, you may want to take a break to resensitize, but I digress.

I would use EAA's over BCAA's, yes.

or you could use both

what do your shakes look like?
if you have a shake with lots of whey protein right before the workout then adding in intra workout protein (not carbs) is completely pointless

look up the digestion times of whey protein in liquid
drink a big shake with 2 scoops whey right before hitting the gym and your protein needs are covered for 2-3 hours.

Last edited:
Little Slice im actually gonna use your advice and "take both"......yes that is a high dosage of humalog pre work out, but i do know im getting desensitised, so i picked the
Berberine over the Metformine.
Jizzmo you brought up an excellent point as well, i should slam down 75 mg or so of WPI an hour before workout.

i might try Metformin
as well....but my coach is also helping a few guys get their procard with success......so this is where my confusion lies........FML

Last edited:
Jizzmo what i have been doing is about an hour and 15 min b4 workout i take a serving of cream of rice in al ond milk with 50mg of an unflavored WPI

Ok Jizzmo....its late here....but i gdt what your saying, so just do what im doing but eliminate the cream of rice.....?

Jizzmo what i have been doing is about an hour and 15 min b4 workout i take a serving of cream of rice in al ond milk with 50mg of an unflavored WPI

i wouldnt use whey isolate 75mins before a workout, its too quick in and out imo.
also carbs are pointless 75mins before a workout, even slow glycemic carbs. nobody is gonna believe me that because people have always been doing it that way, but if you look up graphs on blood sugar elevations even from slow glycemic carbs you will see that they are essentially OUT of your system within 90 minutes.

i rely on whey concentrate and quick carbs RIGHT before i leave for the gym (15mins before i start my workout). right at the same time i pin my insulin.
then leave for the gym and have high glycemic carbs throughout the workout. have carbs throughout the whole workout until your last set, then eat a solid food meal within 1-2 hours after the workout. (as soon as i get hungry again really).

easy as that.

Since you're using slin preworkout, I would dose the Lr3 postworkout or prebed. This will also help slin sensitivity, prebed more-so in my opinion.

i wouldnt use whey isolate 75mins before a workout, its too quick in and out imo.

also carbs are pointless 75mins before a workout, even slow glycemic carbs. nobody is gonna believe me that because people have always been doing it that way, but if you look up graphs on blood sugar elevations even from slow glycemic carbs you will see that they are essentially OUT of your system within 90 minutes.

i rely on whey concentrate and quick carbs RIGHT before i leave for the gym (15mins before i start my workout). right at the same time i pin my insulin.

then leave for the gym and have high glycemic carbs throughout the workout. have carbs throughout the whole workout until your last set, then eat a solid food meal within 1-2 hours after the workout. (as soon as i get hungry again really).

easy as that.

Isolate will elevate blood amino acid levels for approx 3 hours...

what do your shakes look like?
if you have a shake with lots of whey protein right before the workout then adding in intra workout protein (not carbs) is completely pointless

look up the digestion times of whey protein in liquid
drink a big shake with 2 scoops whey right before hitting the gym and your protein needs are covered for 2-3 hours.

I agree. Also, I would choose whey over egg protein during the workout window. Lots of research showing whey's effectiveness around that time.

easy as that.

What is your pre workout meal/shake normally?

Isolate will elevate blood amino acid levels for approx 3 hours...

not correct... this graph shows whey concentrate vs hydrolysate... isolate would be in between these, i guess we agree?
you have to look at EAAs and BCAAs, not only leucine. most studies focus on leucine elevation, which lasts longer than EAAs.

as you can see even concentrate only elevates EAAs for max 2 hours.

of course the amount plays a role here too. with 50g whey youll still achieve elevations for 3 hours.
nonetheless i see absolutely no reason at all to use isolate over concentrate, ESPECIALLY not as the OP laid it out (75mins before even hitting the gym). concentrate hits the blood FAST.
i personally use whey concentrate with skim milk, with that youll have some slow digesting protein too (skim milk sits very well in the stomach though, digests quickly)
**broken link removed**

What is your pre workout meal/shake normally?

basically half a litre of skim milk, 50g whey (and some goodies, creatine, leucine, agmatine, sodium, potassium, cocoa powder)
lately ive been adding a mix of 50g carbs from dextrose/carb powder/blended banana because my calories needed a bump and i prefer adding calories peri workout vs other times of the day.

drink the shake and inject slin, head off to the gym (within 15mins ill be hitting the weights).
high glycemic carbs throughout the workout and shortly after. eat solid meal around 2 hours post workout or so (as soon as im not full anymore)

Last edited:
Another thing to consider here is that while you are exercising much of the blood flow is diverted to your muscles that are working very hard. Blood flow to your stomach and digestive system in general is going to be much lower so that much of what you intake during the lift isn't going to benefit you until after you are done anyhow.

not correct... this graph shows whey concentrate vs hydrolysate... isolate would be in between these, i guess we agree?
you have to look at EAAs and BCAAs, not only leucine. most studies focus on leucine elevation, which lasts longer than EAAs.

as you can see even concentrate only elevates EAAs for max 2 hours.

of course the amount plays a role here too. with 50g whey youll still achieve elevations for 3 hours.
nonetheless i see absolutely no reason at all to use isolate over concentrate, ESPECIALLY not as the OP laid it out (75mins before even hitting the gym). concentrate hits the blood FAST.
i personally use whey concentrate with skim milk, with that youll have some slow digesting protein too (skim milk sits very well in the stomach though, digests quickly)
**broken link removed**

basically half a litre of skim milk, 50g whey (and some goodies, creatine, leucine, agmatine, sodium, potassium, cocoa powder)
lately ive been adding a mix of 50g carbs from dextrose/carb powder/blended banana because my calories needed a bump and i prefer adding calories peri workout vs other times of the day.

Plasma amino acid response after ingestion of different whey protein fractions. - PubMed - NCBI

http://www.annexpublishers.com/arti...in-Isolate-A-Double-Blind-Crossover-Study.pdf

There ya go.... The above link will refute your post.

If there are existing amino acids in the amino acid pool, BCAAs are all that are needed. Would EAAs provide a more comprehensive recovery drink, yes. Would using a whole protein in combination of that be even better, yes. But BCAAs will do just fine...

Plasma amino acid response after ingestion of different whey protein fractions. - PubMed - NCBI

http://www.annexpublishers.com/arti...in-Isolate-A-Double-Blind-Crossover-Study.pdf

There ya go.... The above link will refute your post.

If there are existing amino acids in the amino acid pool, BCAAs are all that are needed. Would EAAs provide a more comprehensive recovery drink, yes. Would using a whole protein in combination of that be even better, yes. But BCAAs will do just fine...

well, none of these links show the time WPI actually increases your plasma amino acids...
that is my point, which still stands ;)

basically the first study even says that WPI only elevates plasma amino acids for 2 hours because they even stopped taking samples at the 2 hour mark.
the other study merely shows that WPI yields area under curve-elevations in amino acids similar to rice protein. total area under curve does not only correlate with the LENGTH of plasma AA elevations ,but with the peak too. as you can see in the picture i posted, WPI causes a huge spike but is out of your blood very fast. concentrate causes a less significant peak but much more sustained. this gives the same Area under curve-values, but MUCH different results ;)

i do agree on your latter paragraph ! however this was not my point ;)
actually its just leucine thats needed to stimulate protein synthesis, as long as there are still amino acids in your pool. theres the issue of the refractory period with this leucine pulsing theory though... and im not yet sure insulin can actually overcome the refractoryness (you might know the study from layne norton?). this is something that intrigues me since i would not spread out my protein feedings as far as 3 hours with the workout in between otherwise... oh well, bodybuilding is complicated :D

Last edited:
well, none of these links show the time WPI actually increases your plasma amino acids...
that is my point, which still stands ;)

From the study:

The amino acids measured in the blood plasma consisted of the nine essential amino acids (histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine,
methionine, phenylalanine, tryptophan, threonine, and valine), as well as thirteen non-essential amino acids (alanine, arginine,
asparagine, aspartic acid, citrulline, cystine, glutamic acid, glutamine, glycine, ornithine, proline, serine, and tyrosine). Amino
acid concentrations were measured in the blood plasma prior to the oral administration of RPI or WPI to establish baseline
measurements. All amino acid concentrations were then tested by taking blood plasma samples at 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, and
4 hours following either consumption of RPI or WPI protein supplements

This was then followed by a graph showing amino acid elevations... at approximately the 3 hour mark baseline amino levels were reached post consumption.

With the Norton research, are you referring to what he states that there must be a dip in amino levels in order for protein synthesis to occur? Essentially stating that one cannot consume amino acids all day long in hope to generate a greater protein synthetic response because there needs to be a RISE in blood amino acid level in order for protein synthesis to occur versus keeping them steady all day?

From the study:

This was then followed by a graph showing amino acid elevations... at approximately the 3 hour mark baseline amino levels were reached post consumption.

With the Norton research, are you referring to what he states that there must be a dip in amino levels in order for protein synthesis to occur? Essentially stating that one cannot consume amino acids all day long in hope to generate a greater protein synthetic response because there needs to be a RISE in blood amino acid level in order for protein synthesis to occur versus keeping them steady all day?

ah, i apologize. i just looked at the results/conclusion. just saw the 3 graphs in the study.
however as we can see the peak in plasma amino acids is between minute 30 and minute 120... and thats exactly where i would place the workout. by beginning your workout at the 75 minute mark your body is pretty much out of amino acids halfway through (unless you train for 30 minutes). i would want peak AA levels throughout the workout and shortly after (at least until you can eat again).

regarding the second thing, yeah, norton concludes that muscle protein synthesis in response to amino acid elevations is refractory and can only be "spiked" or turned on every 3-4 hours (which suggests that your body needs a drop or an even higher rise in plasma amino acids to turn on protein synthesis. however both insulin and exercise are variables which could turn off this effect, so this is a very interesting topic imo, not just for regular eating patterns but especially in the debate of INTRA workout nutrition)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131