over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EGGS for muscle building

I love me some organic local farm eggs. The yolks are sooo nice and deep yellow in color. HUUUUGE difference from the mass production eggs.

Cooked, raw, whatever. Eggs are good.

If you are on Keto diet, even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Costco

Sure is. I drink about half the carton(25g) and put a scoop of true protein in with it so it has flavor.

Did a visit to Costco today and found those egg white cartons. You get six small cartons with 50 grams of protein in each and 250 calories. I couldn't believe they were only a little over $8 for a case. I made myself a shake using a touch of sugar free chocolate and it tasted fantastic. This is going to be great go to drink/meal for quick 50 grams of egg protein.

I love eggs but I've never tried them raw in a shake before

The missus & I got four baby chickens this spring that free range our yard. In another 1-2 months I'm going to have a constant supply of fresh eggs

Did a visit to Costco today and found those egg white cartons. You get six small cartons with 50 grams of protein in each and 250 calories. I couldn't believe they were only a little over $8 for a case. I made myself a shake using a touch of sugar free chocolate and it tasted fantastic. This is going to be great go to drink/meal for quick 50 grams of egg protein.

Yeah it's convenient and a great price too.

I love eggs but I've never tried them raw in a shake before

The missus & I got four baby chickens this spring that free range our yard. In another 1-2 months I'm going to have a constant supply of fresh eggs

I would love to do that but I live in San Antonio...my chickens would just end up in somebody's taco...

A few questions on eggs here...

It is my primary source of protein...I have 6 shakes a day...but when I say shakes Im not talking about store bought...

I put 1 scoop of protein powder(simply to supplement the egg protein) 6 eggs and water...that is primarily it.

How much of a difference does the yolk make?

From my experience, the yolk makes the difference between from barely gaining anything (no yolk) to gaining up to 2lbs/week (6 whites, 6 yolks, three times a day).

Is it better for muscle building to keep them whole?

In my experience, yes, without a doubt in my mind!

Does that outweigh the fat or does the extra fat outweight the cholesterol issues associated with eggs?

I have learned from my nutrition class that cholesterol from food isn't what really cause bad cholesterol in the body. It's the saturated fat and trans fat from the food.

But if you want to be sure, get blood work done to check your cholesterol level.

I have been still loosing bodyfat when doing days where I use the whole egg...

It's very possible. Not sure what kind of cycle you're on, but when I was on Tren, I could eat anything and still lose body fat.

If I want to do a clean bulk is the yolk more beneficial in maximum muscle growth?

Yes, absolutely.

Any help is good

BN

As a few members have mentioned, raw eggs aren't as bioavailable as cooked eggs, so you might want to consider partially cooking them to maximize the value of your egg protein.

If you want to give this a try, here is something that I found extremely easy to do:

Put in the eggs, protein powder, and using your protein scoop, mix in about half a scoop of table sugar*, and blend it all up.

Next, microwave cook that for 1-1.5 minute (depending on how strong your oven is). The eggs should still be a liquid, but it should be very hot (and cooked).

* The table sugar is used to prevent the whites/yolks from becoming overcooked and turning into a solid.

PS: If you want to improve the flavor (eggs usually taste nasty), add in a scoop of roasted peanuts, a banana, and/or a scoop of coconut milk (condensed).

And if you have time and want to try something new, just put your protein mix into the freezer for about 1.5 hour, and you will have a delicious, muscle-building ice cream.
icon10.gif

Hell ya...that sounds great...i will definately try that...thx

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

If you're trying to build healthy muscle quickly, leaving the yolk in the garbage disposal is one of the stupidest things you could do.

You may as well shoot half your test in your glute and the rest in the toilet. Same thing.

Not sure about the bioavailability...I use them to up my total protein amount.

Does the amount of raw eggs I eat increase the risk of salmonella? BAH...bullshit...maybe...but so fucking what...I have eaten 36 raw eggs a day for the last 49 days and my digestion has NEVER BEEN BETTER...

Prior to that I was on cycle for 6 months eating the same amount and NO PROBLEMS WITH SALMONELLA...NEVER EVER EVER EVEN ONCE...

but now that you bring it up you PROBABLY JYNXED ME....

i dont know his name but there was this asian bodybuilder who died from a stomach infection of some kind. i think it was salmonella. he used to eat like 10 or 20 raw whole eggs a day and was famous for that.

The infamous study claiming poor bio-availability was done with raw egg white not whole raw egg.

Taking raw whole eggs along with HCl contributed to some of the best gains I've ever made.

well, the main part of an eggs protein is still in the egg white so that makes little difference i guess.

I love me some organic local farm eggs. The yolks are sooo nice and deep yellow in color. HUUUUGE difference from the mass production eggs.

Cooked, raw, whatever. Eggs are good.

If you are on Keto diet, even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Most of the good free range eggs i get are orange. Maybe different diet on the west coast.

I've had 50-60 raw eggs a day for months on end quite a few times now and never took a single yolk out

i dont know his name but there was this asian bodybuilder who died from a stomach infection of some kind. i think it was salmonella. he used to eat like 10 or 20 raw whole eggs a day and was famous for that.

well, the main part of an eggs protein is still in the egg white so that makes little difference i guess.

luckily first sign of gi discomfort ill skidaddle down to the local ER...good excuse to get some demerol or dilaudid...

Last edited:
Lee Haney stated in his monthly column in MD Mag this month that he ate 15-20 whole eggs per day in the off season and his cholesterol was 86.

I get my liquid egg whites from Walmart. 1 cup egg whites 1 cup skimmed milk.

Eggs are great. Buy liquid egg whites in the carton, add your favorite flavor of protein powder, mix it up. Tasty. Or, get some Crystal Lite/Mio and just mix that up. Fruit punch flavored egg whites! awesome.

If you like liquid egg whites texture then get the mio flavour squirt things and squirt 7 times into a 500ml container you got a milkshake fruit thing it's ridiculously good I got a friend of mine to try it and she is very picky about shit lol p.s I poured it in a glass and told her it was sugar free juice thats tastes amazing and now she's addicted and hates me for it.

Eggs are great. Buy liquid egg whites in the carton, add your favorite flavor of protein poOr, get some Crystal Lite/Mio and just mix that up. Fruit punch flavored egg whites! awesome.

Beat me too it it really is a great combo , never tried crystal life mio has better options in flavours blackberry/ cherry, watermelon / strawberry ,

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws