over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ejection fraction 10%

45 yrs old...

Wow..wow..wow..
Way too young for these kind of problems.
Good luck.
Glad your getting the info you need here at PM.
Wish I could add to the list of help--but sometimes a good vibe from a random stranger {me}proves helpful.
We are our brothers keepers.

Good luck again..

Latest update.. Had an issues on Sat morning while getting an MRI.. Lungs filled with so much fluid, breathing became very difficult. Cardiologist say my heart is so bad that if i did everything right, I'd have a 25% chance of making it a year. Says a transplants is a must

Yeah, you are worse than me. Mine is about 20% and I have never had heart congestion like that. I have been lucky. I sure as hell hope they get a defibrillator in you immediately. If you go into fibrillation youll need to be defibrillated or you will pass away.

Im sure you aren't taking any AAS right now, right? Stay clean and do everything the cardiologists tell you to do. Have you gone into ventricular tachycardia yet or fibrillation and need to be defibrillated?

The general rule I was told is a cardiologist will look to implant a defibrillator if your ejection fraction is less than 30%.

Last edited:
Sodzl, please purchase everything that has been shown to boost EF. I really want to see you do everything you can to survive this.

Yeah, you are worse than me. Mine is about 20% and I have never had heart congestion like that. I have been lucky. I sure as hell hope they get a defibrillator in you immediately. If you go into fibrillation youll need to be defibrillated or you will pass away.

Im sure you aren't taking any AAS right now, right? Stay clean and do everything the cardiologists tell you to do. Have you gone into ventricular tachycardia yet or fibrillation and need to be defibrillated?

The general rule I was told is a cardiologist will look to implant a defibrillator if your ejection fraction is less than 30%.

One of the doctors just told me a defib is the next course of action. No AAS. According to the doc the EKG showed a minor incident of ventricular tachycardia, but they said it possibly caused by the meds

One of the doctors just told me a defib is the next course of action. No AAS. According to the doc the EKG showed a minor incident of ventricular tachycardia, but they said it possibly caused by the meds

Well, at least you haven't had any bad runs then. That is a good sign. One of our members that died on here from heart trouble was wearing a special vest for awhile, it can defibrillate you just like an implanted defibrillator. He used that for awhile until his heart's ejection fraction recuperated. I think he was able to stop using it but then died later on. Id want an implanted defibrillator. They can use the vest to get you by until they are able to get you into the OR for surgery. The surgery isn't too bad. I was awake during most of it and it should take no more than an hour and a half or so. Mine was long, took about 2 1/2 hours. He had trouble feeding the leads into my subclavian artery. I am still running on the same battery and it has been almost 10 years. They last a long time. The new ones are even better. Im due for a new one in about a year and a half.

Are you still in intensive care or at least the hospital? I worry that you might go into fibrillation. It sounds like youre still in the hospital. Did they diagnose you with idiopathic cardiomyopathy? Just means the cause is unknown. No sign of a heart attack I hope?

I once had idiopathic cardiomyopathy and got off all the steroids and my ejection fraction went up from about 35% to 55% which is about normal. It took almost 1 year off it all to do it. Problem is I got back on again, like an idiot. Years later I had the heart attack. You are off it all now, stay off for life. Not worth the risk.

Maybe if yours is like how mine was, your heart might recover. They said you didn't have a recent heart attack and no sign of one in the past on EKG? Sounds like you have pulmonary edema now? Hang in there. I don't pray a lot but I know when members on here prayed for me that I appreciated it. I got through my last surgery ok. I will pray for you. Keep us posted on your condition if you are able to.

Ventricullar tachycardia like your doc mentioned is when your heart beats too fast and if it goes on long enough it can lead to ventricular fibrillation. Fibrillation is when the heart is beating so fast that it just twitches and is so uncoordinated that it doesn't really pump much blood at all and that then leads to cardiac arrest(death). When you go into a really fast tachycardia youll get really dizzy and feel like shit. Some of mine were as fast as 380 beats per minute if I am remembering right. My cardiopulmonary physiology prof used to say the heart looks like a bag full of writhing worms.

Last edited:
Any update for us? I for one have been wondering how you are doing now. I hope all is well.

So a couple days ago i started having problems breathing at night. Checked into the ER and after some test i was told my ejection fraction was 10%.

What are the keys to recovery?

You can check with your Doctor but I would get plenty of opinions before you proceed with any one Doctor. You will find that there are a lot of opinions on how to go about taking care of yourself I did it through cleaning up no booze and a clean diet. I wish you luck my friend.

Last edited:
OP just don't become the typical vegan were you have to change the world .

Vegans couldn't even fight their way out of a wet, 30% post-consumer recycled paper-bag, much less change the world.

On the other hand, their hearts are probably generally pretty healthy.

Irony.

Any update for us? I for one have been wondering how you are doing now. I hope all is well.

Nothing yet. Dr isn't working today. Did the MRI under general anesthesia. So should Had some info soon. Had a couple non heart related issues. Blood test show the possibility of lupus and had to have an emergency catheter to empty my bladder.

sorry if it's a little short but I'm working off my mobile phone and my eyes are bothering me.

I truly appreciate everyone's help

Last edited:
All the best bro and keep us updated. 🤞

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Saw the doc very briefly, leaking vavles due to enlarged heart. In her words both sides of my heart are "trashed" . They don't know what could have caused the damage. she did say the MRI didn't show any scarring

Last edited:
Saw the doc very briefly, leaking vavles due to enlarged heart. In her words both sides of my heart are "trashed" . They don't know what could have caused the damage. she did say the MRI didn't show any scarring
Given your stated AAS use and LACK of heavy stimulant or alcohol use, it's kind of baffling. Did you use any stimulant diet pills or anything like that to cut for a long period of time or a have a bad illness / respiratory flu in the year before?

I mean I'd assume you had sky high blood pressure and/or other contributing factors for a couple decades to get here but you deny that's a factor. It's just strange. Possibly a virus attacked the heart. Hopefully you get more answers.

Hang in there...

Nothing yet. Dr isn't working today. Did the MRI under general anesthesia. So should Had some info soon. Had a couple non heart related issues. Blood test show the possibility of lupus and had to have an emergency catheter to empty my bladder.

sorry if it's a little short but I'm working off my mobile phone and my eyes are bothering me.

I truly appreciate everyone's help

A lupus flare could have lead to myocarditis and could explain the sudden onset of symptoms. I assume an ANA test was positive? I'm sure you are in good hands in the hospital and that they will get to the bottom of this. All the best to you.

... When you go into a really fast tachycardia youll get really dizzy and feel like shit. Some of mine were as fast as 380 beats per minute if I am remembering right...

Maldorf, was your heart really beating in excess of 300 times a minute? Is this "beats per minute" as we traditionally understand the term, or is this another way of measuring the heart's activity? As in, would a machine that reds your heart rate off your wrist, register 300+ bpm under these circumstances?

This is just insane really.....

Entresto (an ARB) and Enalapril (ACE inhibitor) are supposedly the best 2. There's a few a studies that compare the two. Entresto actually has better results but there is some negative affects with Entresto and Alzheimers

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5545143/

10% EF climbed to 40-45% in 3 years

Yeah, Alzheimers and macular degeneration. I chose not to take it, my doctor wanted me to try it. After reading the reviews on it I chose not to. It would probably be ok for someone elderly because to be honest they wont be taking it for another 20 or 30 years, but for someone young like me Im afraid those conditions might arise.

That study that the pharm company ran was fairly rigged too so that their drug would do well. The FDA let them rush it to production even though it hasn't been properly tested yet. There is still a test being run now that wont be done for about another 3 years or so. Think it is called paradigm.

Maldorf, was your heart really beating in excess of 300 times a minute? Is this "beats per minute" as we traditionally understand the term, or is this another way of measuring the heart's activity? As in, would a machine that reds your heart rate off your wrist, register 300+ bpm under these circumstances?

This is just insane really.....

Yeah, it is real beats as measured by my defibrillator and any ekg. Feel like shit when it happens. If it goes on long enough I will pass out and then the heart goes into fibrillation eventually leads to asystole (flat line). The defibrillator in me will fire off when my heart rate gets too fast, it will also try to pace me out of it.

Perhaps as Jeff above said, maybe it was the Lupus that did that to your heart. I don't know much of anything about that disease. Hopefully they can get it under control and then maybe your heart will heal up. Problem is, what caused it to come on in the first place. Here is what is says on the Mayoclinic:

"Causes
Lupus occurs when your immune system attacks healthy tissue in your body (autoimmune disease). It's likely that lupus results from a combination of your genetics and your environment.
It appears that people with an inherited predisposition for lupus may develop the disease when they come into contact with something in the environment that can trigger lupus. The cause of lupus in most cases, however, is unknown. Some potential triggers include:
Sunlight. Exposure to the sun may bring on lupus skin lesions or trigger an internal response in susceptible people.
Infections. Having an infection can initiate lupus or cause a relapse in some people.
Medications. Lupus can be triggered by certain types of blood pressure medications, anti-seizure medications and antibiotics. People who have drug-induced lupus usually get better when they stop taking the medication. Rarely, symptoms may persist even after the drug is stopped."

How old are you now? Are you still in the hospital I hope?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lupus/symptoms-causes/syc-20365789

The article mentions how medications can trigger it. Did you start taking anything new to you recently that might have caused the Lupus? Since drugs can trigger it, it could be anything new you started up.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is real beats as measured by my defibrillator and any ekg. Feel like shit when it happens. If it goes on long enough I will pass out and then the heart goes into fibrillation eventually leads to asystole (flat line). The defibrillator in me will fire off when my heart rate gets too fast, it will also try to pace me out of it.

Really sorry to hear those symptoms Man. You come across as such a cool guy; I really wish you a long and healthy life....

Living with heart failure sucks. Take care of your heart, because as they say you only get one.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131