over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

elbow pain...joint relief

JustWannaBeHuge

FOUNDING Member / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
my right elbow has been killing me the last few weeks, and when i did curls yesterday, it felt like the joint was about to "pop". the joint just hurts for no reason, i dont even have to be doing anything, and my elbow will start to get a very bad pain in it.

anyone know of any good joint helpers out there that aren't to expensive? and no i'm not able to get any deca, i'm going to be juice free for a nice amount of time, so it has to be something over the counter.

thx guys
JW

Hey,bud..........

.........all my joints hurt when I go off. So........don't. hahaha....no that's probably not good advice! It takes me about three months to 'clean' out. I don't feel right for a long time. For a while I was buying knox unflavored jelatin in those little boxes and adding it to my protein shakes. I also use glucosamine/chondriton when I can afford it.

elbow

dude.. i've been dealing with the same thing for about a month now.... f*#(@n' sucks... can't even lift milk out of the fridge.. without feeling a pain there... (if my arm is not posititioned just right).. or if i twist it the wrong way

i got some glucosamine. and am trying that....
takes a month or so for that supp. to actually start working.. so... stilllll waiting

-totalrecall54

I get some bad pain in my elbows from time to time. My doc has gave me a script for celebrex. I take it 2 X day for 5 days at a time when needed. It works for me.

thx for the input fellas.....

happy turkey day btw

JW

Hey bro, I use glucosamine/chondriton because of elbow pain too. It seems to be helping/working as most of the pain has gone away. Been using it about 4/5 months....Hope this helps...

-slide

Glucosamine/Chondritin takes 4-8wks to have a positive effect.
Sucks. Deca help?

Jethro-your solution:
Dont Go Off!!! :D

Elbow Pain,
Hey man, I know what your going through. My right elbow hurts like hell, in fact it has developed a lump on the end of it, which Doc tells me will have to be chipped off.
It's OK until I start doing preachers or cable pull downs and then it gives me hell. Not so bad if I start with very light ( Stupid ) weights to warm it up and then grafually increase. If I dont do that I would not be able to train my arms.
It's been like it now for about four months and I have tried all the over the counter crap, but nothing has helped it at all.
Hell it's my wanking arm to. Life is hell.

Take care.
yerex.

Did I read somewhere that your joints are going to ache like all hell when you stop taking the glucosamine/chondritin?

bumping this back up

Im bumping this back up cuzIm having a similar issue. My right elbow seems to click in and out everytime I make any type of curl motion. In fact, I literally cant even flex my right bicep. It's actually not that painful, but the clicking cant be that good. Haven't been able to train upper body for 3 weeks now (HELL). I'm guessing this is a result of "coming clean" (which I never intended to do in the first place). My question would be, will going back on help? I don't plan on coming off again once I start, but I need to get this clicking taken care of. Anyone got advice?

My elbow and forearm flare up issues come back a bit when I am "clean". The things I found that help me:

1. A lot of warming up
2. Fish Oil (definatly reduces inflammation)
3. Switch to a bit higher reps when off cycle
4. Tiger Balm or similar in the effected area before each training session, and before bed. These types of rubs I believe increase heat and circulation in the area you apply it too, giving you a better chance of feeling better and getting through workouts.

Minor tips that might help a bit.

hey, first post here, coming from OLM and ironmenalliance

elbow pain; im suffering as well and im on deca lol, a good bro i know recommended cissus (not sure if i can mention the company name here?) and will let you know if that helps. Just started it last week.

glucosamine/chondriton may lose effectiveness later on, or you may need more,,,this is from observing my mom's arthritis condition

I had this for over a YEAR!!!! MSM Glucosamine and Chondroitin are a good idea to toss in there. Keep them in your program after it heals as well. Your body needs these compounds since humans typically don't eat cartilage and ligaments like other animals do. We need these nutrients but our diet really doesn't supply enough. Find out what exercises are causing the pain. For me it was skull crushers for the most part. I found that any straight bar irritated it to a certain degree. Try using a cambered position for curls and tri work. Switch to dumbells for all presses. Some of us just aren't built for certain movements. It could be different movements entirely that are affecting you. It's been about 7 years since I had this issue and I did not have to see a doc by using these principles. Each time I have tried to go back to the exercises above, the pain would start to flair up. Try this out, don't be stupid like I was and keep doing the same things and expecting the pain to go away. It got so bad at one point that I would damn near cry when trying to use a spoon to eat cereal! Good luck bro, it will heal and you will be back on the road!

elbow pain

I had elbow pain in my left elbow for more than a year. It started suddenly so that I couldn't do curls at all. Then, I thought it had gone away, but it just recently came back when I started training in martial arts.

One thing that helps me a lot is to have a chiropractor adjust the elbow. It is a weird adjustment but it feels immediately better. Then, I do the other stuff that people have mentioned, light weights to warm up, fish oil, gluc/chond, rub it very hard with the end (not the sharp one!;) of a pencil several times per day, and I can live with it.

From personal experience, I gradually tore up my right tensor tendon in my forarm doing heavy back exercises. Basically its a really bad case of tennis elbow. What happens is where the tendon connects to the elbow it develops micro tears and keeps shredding over time until it gets really painful. I spent 6 months battling it. 3 cortisone injections and 6 weeks of physical therapy with ultrasound, heat, massage, etc. I finally had to have it surgically repaired. Best thing I ever did. 8 weeks later I was back in the gym working my way back up. Lost no range of motion and within 3 months back to lifting again like I was. Just a lot smarter. Been 12 years and have had no issues.

So long story short, don't try and baby it, you need to see an orthopedic and have it diagnosed. It will only go away and come back until it gets to the point of sever pain.

From personal experience, I gradually tore up my right tensor tendon in my forarm doing heavy back exercises. Basically its a really bad case of tennis elbow. What happens is where the tendon connects to the elbow it develops micro tears and keeps shredding over time until it gets really painful. I spent 6 months battling it. 3 cortisone injections and 6 weeks of physical therapy with ultrasound, heat, massage, etc. I finally had to have it surgically repaired. Best thing I ever did. 8 weeks later I was back in the gym working my way back up. Lost no range of motion and within 3 months back to lifting again like I was. Just a lot smarter. Been 12 years and have had no issues.

So long story short, don't try and baby it, you need to see an orthopedic and have it diagnosed. It will only go away and come back until it gets to the point of sever pain.

I am dealing with that right now. I hurt something in my left elbow deadlifting in January. 4th rep at 455 I had to put the weight down because the elbow was hurting bad. Still not any better so I have an appointment with my ortho man next week. Always something…

I broke my right radial head (proximal I think, right at the elbow) a few years ago and it never quite healed properly. I use 3 times the warm-up sets when I do bi or tri work, very light/high rep sets. I also wear a neoprene brace on that arm for the heavy stuff (even chins/deadlifts/bench). This has worked for me so far and I am able to train around it. Look into Cissus Quadrangularis as well. I read some good stuff about it in Datbtrue's thread. It has an almost immediate pain relief effect and can aid healing.

I broke my right radial head (proximal I think, right at the elbow) a few years ago and it never quite healed properly. I use 3 times the warm-up sets when I do bi or tri work, very light/high rep sets. I also wear a neoprene brace on that arm for the heavy stuff (even chins/deadlifts/bench). This has worked for me so far and I am able to train around it. Look into Cissus Quadrangularis as well. I read some good stuff about it in Datbtrue's thread.

Cissus is one supplement that does what it claims, stuff works great at 2-4g a day

I am dealing with that right now. I hurt something in my left elbow deadlifting in January. 4th rep at 455 I had to put the weight down because the elbow was hurting bad. Still not any better so I have an appointment with my ortho man next week. Always something…

The faster you can get it fixed the better. Hopefully you haven't been lifting heavy and taking a chance of making it worse since then. Elbows are a pain in the butt when you hurt a tendon because you use them for so much without realizing it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131