over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elbow PAIN!!!

nuteboy

Registered
Wha' up PM,

I have been off AAS for over a year and may decide to stay off. However, my joints are KILLIN' ME! Name a few REALLY good supplements to help me wtih the joint pain so i can enjoy my workouts :)

Also, name a few REALLY good supplements for strength increase.

Thanks PM

NuteBoY

If your joints are always hurting then you might want to look at your lifting regime. Most times I always suffered from joint pain it was because I was going too heavy, doing too much volume, or doing the wrong movements.

Have you tried curcumin with bioperine? The bioperine increases the rate of absorption. You could run that as an anti-inflammatory for 2-4 weeks to see if that gives you relief. It should. At the same time you probably want to avoid any exercises that overly stresses your elbow in which you currently feel pain (overhead tricep extensions, etc.). Good luck.

Thank you all for your replies. Currently I am using glucosamine and have been using for a week. I haven't experienced any improvements in my joints since taking Glucosamine for a week.

NuteBoY

Is it hurting in the joint itself or do you feel that it's a tendon issue?

Hey nute i suffer from a ton of joint pain, Im 66 so i have long joints and carry a ton of wheight. i Have had a tone of joint injurry do to my previos hobbies of motocross. this keeps me consistanly keeping up with whats new on joint and ligament pain. From the lates ive been reading there is a ton of stuff out there on hoe glucossamine is NOT effective do to the bodys inability to break it down. Now again i dont know if this is 100% true nore do i pretend to but it never did change things for me but ive seen great relief by using horse linament and of course DMSO post work out. Its cheep and you can get it at any horse and tack store. and yes backing off on the heavy reps and lbs. for a week or so to let it mend. Again this is just what i have found works well for me Im no doc but it has made my workouts much more comfortable.

I had an elbow injury a couple of months ago. Hurt my tendon. Took animalflex, ibuprofen, heat pads and straps. It was cured within a week. Also avoided any direct triceps exercise that week.

super cissus, msm, and chondrotin(however u spell it)

Thanks guys,

Hey Eseng where can i purchase super cissus, msm, and Chondroitin? Again thanks

you can buy them online...do a search on google. they even have vitamins that come with joint and immune support like "orange triad"

Going through the SAME elbow pain...I am trying massage for myofacial release, cissus (in a product I like called Elasti-Flex from BCS), and also not doing any direct tricep exercises for a couple of weeks....compared to the rest of my physique my arms/tris really need some size but I cannot focus on them due to intense pain in my elbow(s) and I am hoping the above regiment heals me up quickly...

Last edited:
Scientific Study

wasn't there a recent Scientific Study that found those joint supps to be BUNK? I remember hearing it on the local news like two months ago.

:confused:

This may sound silly, but try drinking more water. It's helped me in the past.

Some really good info posted here... Sometimes simply drinking more water does help... In my case, I have tendonitis in my bilateral elbows and have for years now. It gets better, then gets worse.

First, I wrap them with all heavy movements. I avoid aggravating movements such as skull crushers in my case.

Also, have been through physical therapy, helped only a little. One thing that helped me get through the workouts was a transdermal ointment that my ortho doc ordered for me... It was Toradol and Ibuprophen that had been compounded by the pharmacy and put in a large 60ml syringe. I squirt out a dime size and rub on my elbows 30 minutes before working out and it really seems to help! You would have to ask for it specifically and only a compounding pharmacy can make it for you with a doctor's order.

Hope you get some relief bro! That is a nagging pain that just really pisses me off when I am tearing it up at the gym but having to deal with that bullshit pain!

Abstract

Objective To determine the effect of glucosamine, chondroitin, or the two in combination on joint pain and on radiological progression of disease in osteoarthritis of the hip or knee.

Results 10 trials in 3803 patients were included. On a 10 cm visual analogue scale the overall difference in pain intensity compared with placebo was −0.4 cm (95% credible interval −0.7 to −0.1 cm) for glucosamine, −0.3 cm (−0.7 to 0.0 cm) for chondroitin, and −0.5 cm (−0.9 to 0.0 cm) for the combination. For none of the estimates did the 95% credible intervals cross the boundary of the minimal clinically important difference. Industry independent trials showed smaller effects than commercially funded trials (P=0.02 for interaction). The differences in changes in minimal width of joint space were all minute, with 95% credible intervals overlapping zero.

Conclusions Compared with placebo, glucosamine, chondroitin, and their combination do not reduce joint pain or have an impact on narrowing of joint space. Health authorities and health insurers should not cover the costs of these preparations, and new prescriptions to patients who have not received treatment should be discouraged.

CITED: Effects of glucosamine, chondroitin, or placebo in patients with osteoarthritis of hip or knee: network meta-analysis -- Wandel et al. 341 -- bmj.com

I just figured I would throw that out there.

:welcome:

This may sound silly, but try drinking more water. It's helped me in the past.

does'nt sound silly at all bro, ART has been the thing that has helped me greatly but i can for sure tell the difference if i do not drink enough water,also when i add creatine that helps too.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws