over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elbow Sleeves

Turkishexpress

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well, age is slowly slowing me and my elbows down. They're really starting to feel the pain when doing press movements. I have stopped doing barbell presses for a couple of years now and stick to dumbbells and Hammer Strength plate loaded stuff but even those are becoming cumbersome when going heavier. In any case, I did a quick search on here as well as on the net and couldn't find anything that applies to us "bigger" guys with hypertrophy training in mind. My forearms are about 12-13'' depending on the pump so the size of these things also matters. CVS/Walgreens branded crap often doesn't fit.

What do you guys use and where do you buy them?

Thanks in advance...

Turk

Last edited:
I think there was a thread about this recently, I get most of my apparel and accessories including elbow sleeves from **broken link removed**.

You can't beat Rehbands, they are the blue ones that power lifters are always wearing. I bought them here Jackal's Gym - Store but if you look online a few other places sell them. I've had the knee sleeves for 2 years now and they are still as good as the day I bought them.

I use mueller brand. Got the idea from Shelby Starnes. They sell them on Amazon.

Just ordered a Rehbrand. I'm going to test out how it does before ordering the other side. Thanks gents!

Listen to Sluggy. Skullcrushers were giving me a problem and heavy DB OH extensions, snagged some elitefts is gtg.

I will add this. If you're just looking to keep the elbow warm and a little bit of compression go with a 5mm thick sleeve. If you're looking for more support spend more and go with a 7mm sleeve.

Your going to have think outside the box when comparing your extraordinary body to the common ordinary fella. Look into knee sleeves IMHO... Ive strained some forearm flexors in past along with elbow tendonitis so compression sleeves have had their therapeutic value for me but to accommodate the girth and diameter of your arm and elbow joint your going to have to treat it like the extra regular guy if your looking for a OTC solution at local stores and know that your upper body measurements are going to be comparable to the average guys lower body measurements..

If you go online then of course you can find a product tailored to us larger guys but if your looking for a quick fix you can find a decent neoprene (or cloth depending on your level of support) compression knee sleeve to work for your arm at a local drug or sporting good store..

depending on the brand, I personally use either a L or XL knee sleeve when I treat my elbows. Basically unless you tell the cashier your reasoning when you buy the sleeve nobody else or you will tell the difference once you start wearing it.. they serve the same purpose, you just have to be creative and adapt to compensate for having an uncommon build in a common kind of world...

I use the knee sleeve mostly on my left arm underneath I use the arm arm sleeve

Just ordered a Rehbrand. I'm going to test out how it does before ordering the other side. Thanks gents!

My girl uses rehbands and loves them. I only use sleeves or a sleeve when my tendonitis flares up, which I tend to get on my left arm because I can't fully extend it. I just use cheap muellers with some kwan loong oil on my elbows.

The rehbands are much more durable and provide a more support. My muellers are pulling apart at the seams lol

Hey bro,
Get into to see a GOOD deep tissue therapist to work your elbows. Your tendons and ligaments are retracted back due to the beating you do to them. This is what causes us to have shoulder and elbow pain. I found a russian masseuse who gets in deep on both side of my elbows to work out the insertion points from my triceps, biceps and forearms. It does hurt, I won't lie. (If it doesn't move to another therapist) My elbows can actually fully straighten once again and my tri work has much less pain now since a couple sessions with her.

I also use mueller brand, picked them up from Wally World. What has helped me in the past is when I feel the pain coming on in my elbows and tendons (tennis elbow) I take my hand and reverse it, lay it on a flat surface and stretch it out for a minute. This pulls on the tendons and loosens them up a bit. Then I put my sleeve on and am gtg.

All good info gents. If the rehbrands don't work I'm going to try out the elitefts and muellers and see.

I have SBD knee sleeves, and they are great. I'm sure the elbow ones are good too.

Hey Turkish please feedback here bro . I am double minded between rehband blue old school sleeves for elbow vs SBD which comes in a pair . i use rehband blue one sleeve for my right screwed up knee. That's great. 5 star no complaints . so elbow ones should be same quality I would imagine. Been using inzer ones same what hide uses but they are not that great . I use a cloth ones material now thinking of switching to neoprene for elbow . I am a long time sufferer of medial and lateral elbow tendinitis on my left elbow . lateral elbow I mange very well . no pain may feel little very occasionally. I put a TOTAL BAN on triceps overhead work . what happens is every time u put triceps in end range stretch in overhead work under heavy load it stresses the tendon attachments so I don't do them for years now . and that keeps it quite no pain. My medial pain is my worst nightmare. Trust me I use to worry about loosing size by not doing skull crushers and over head stuff . nothing happened it didn't affect the horseshoe shape at all . I just do more creative stuff now and they look fine without all the skull crushers over heard work. It was all in my head . I have not done a overhead tri movement and skull crushers for nearly 4 years now . reverse cable and reverse straight bar extensions / 80 percent lockout takes care of the pop effect of tris. All the best & best wishes brother

Last edited:
Check out the ones from sling shot. They're smaller, maybe 4-6" wide. I really like those, I have the blue ones. They're cheap too

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear