over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

elbow tendinitis

I have it bad in both elbows. I use a wrap on both of them and it pretty much eliminates the pain while I train.

very interesting..........I'm sure I will try anything if it persist.

This is a common problem in the gym, especially if you like to move heavy weight. I asked one of our trainers how to rehab it? Here's what he said:

Ibuprofen - 800mg x 3 times per day ( def take w/food)
Ice it after workout
Heat it before bed
Lighter wt/higher reps
Avoid moves that irritate it

I found that doing cable curls while lying down on a seated row machine did not irritate my elbow and I was still able to go fairly heavy, too. Also found it to be a good isolation move as it takes your back/shoulders out of the equation. I also avoided any dumbell moves for about 6-8 weeks. Preacher curls were another move that I was able to perform, but I went moderately light and increased the reps (12-20 range).

Try it.....it worked for me! :D

one word, acupuncture. had tendonitis for years on and off, had 2 cortisone shots but only helped temporarily. 5 visits with the acupuncturist and i've been pain free since.

That's strange. Acupuncture is good for muscle pain but doesn't work for connective tissue or bone pain. This is what I've heard from a pro acupunturist. Btw, I've been to them several times and from personal experience, it hasn't done shit for me. Your better off spending your money else where IMO.

How many of you have gotten a tendinitis in your elbow from pullups, curls, etc.? Other than just taking time off, do any of you train with a sleeve to keep it warm? I've noticed that the angle of my grip makes a huge difference in discomfort. Pullups on a straight bar don't hurt at all, i do notice the pain on other movements.

I got it a few times, actually just been dealing with it the past few weeks. Its horrible, I lose grip strength but it only really effects my bench and curling. I've started to train forearms and use rubber bands to train the opening grip. Since then it has gotten better.

The best advice is to do forearms every other day, thats what I'm doing and it has been helping a lot. Also a tennis elbow brace if you can. It really freakin sux but i'm hoping training forearms more gets rid of this once and for all.

This is a common problem in the gym, especially if you like to move heavy weight. I asked one of our trainers how to rehab it? Here's what he said:

Ibuprofen - 800mg x 3 times per day ( def take w/food)
Ice it after workout
Heat it before bed
Lighter wt/higher reps
Avoid moves that irritate it

I found that doing cable curls while lying down on a seated row machine did not irritate my elbow and I was still able to go fairly heavy, too. Also found it to be a good isolation move as it takes your back/shoulders out of the equation. I also avoided any dumbell moves for about 6-8 weeks. Preacher curls were another move that I was able to perform, but I went moderately light and increased the reps (12-20 range).

Try it.....it worked for me! :D

This sounds more doable and what I would try first..thank you...I will get some heat on it now, since it is agitated my my arms workout today..
thanks again all..

ive had two bouts with tennis elbow.. one on each arm. the first i just rested it out... horribly depressing. the second time, i ran eq with plenty of rest and it seemed to really speed the healing a lot. the second time was much worse to begin with, too.

Thanks for all the input. I heated my elbow and took naproxen before my back workout today. It was slightly sore at the beginning, but the pain went away shortly. Seems like the way to go.

Thanks for all the input. I heated my elbow and took naproxen before my back workout today. It was slightly sore at the beginning, but the pain went away shortly. Seems like the way to go.

both of mine are quite bad and i've been looking into it extensively and researching all that i can. this is what i've gathered so far

avoid surgery at all costs. outcome isn't much better and takes forever to recover

ice with a cube pressed into your skin in a massage manner 3x daily at least

stretch the tendons (look for an elbow stretch instruction using a wall) often

ibuprofen

fish oil is actually great for joints and more surprisingly a great anti-inflammatory, as well as helping with blood pressure and cholesterol

I've had this on my right elbow for two years now, actually got better the first time after a few months, then exactly one year after the first incident, a heavy hammer swing and a glancing blow "popped" the elbow and it's been killing me ever since. It almost feels like my joint is screwed up but the tendon hurts and sometimes burns as well after repetitive movement. My joint also pops alot and afterward feels a bit better. I cannot work out at all in this condition, and I have been to phys. therapy, used many kinds of nsaids and 3 cortisol shots and done the ice/heat thing. Other than surgery, can anything be done to restore my elbow? Maybe some hgh and some AAS to heal the tendons? I am at the end of my wits and between jobs so I can rest it alot and apply the proper protocol. The doc keeps saying be patient, but it's about run out. Any help would be appreciated. I wanna get this resolved so I can finally get back to the gym. I've always wanted to get some professional training advice, like from Phil but not until I can commit fully. I'm 39 yo so I'm not getting any younger lol Thanks

Last edited:
I've had this on my right elbow for two years now, actually got better the first time after a few months, then exactly one year after the first incident, a heavy hammer swing and a glancing blow "popped" the elbow and it's been killing me ever since. It almost feels like my joint is screwed up but the tendon hurts and sometimes burns as well after repetitive movement. My joint also pops alot and afterward feels a bit better. I cannot work out at all in this condition, and I have been to phys. therapy, used many kinds of nsaids and 3 cortisol shots and done the ice/heat thing. Other than surgery, can anything be done to restore my elbow? Maybe some hgh and some AAS to heal the tendons? I am at the end of my wits and between jobs so I can rest it alot and apply the proper protocol. The doc keeps saying be patient, but it's about run out. Any help would be appreciated. I wanna get this resolved so I can finally get back to the gym. I've always wanted to get some professional training advice, like from Phil but not until I can commit fully. I'm 39 yo so I'm not getting any younger lol Thanks

have you gone to a chiropractor? i'd highly suggest it

I have not, only a orthopedic surgeon (workers comp) and he suggested the above protocol, with the thought being that these problems tend to resolve themselves with time (or surgery). I call BS, it's been a long time already. I think I really screwed something up this time. He has taken x-rays and said the joint looked fine, but it hurts like hell sometimes and the elbow doesn't want to bend, then it pops and feels 100x better except for the tendon pain/burn. It always feels like I need to pop it again, it clicks alot when bending and sometimes i can pop it 2-3 times. I feel lots of air bubbles(?) in the fluid

I've been wanting to try a chiropractor for other reasons, so I'll look into it. Thanks

If its tennis or golfers elbow tendonitis, i had accupuncure for it ( mine was the golfers elbow.......Never swung a golf club in my life...funny that eh ) and went about 3 times and cured it.
I must point out that this type of accupuncure is not the chinese relaxing type, its a bit more intense. It was explained to me that the needle gets gently pushed into the problem area and then is moved around to scratch against the bone/tendon to make a slight bleed which then brings along all the good healing properties.

Was a bit tender afterwards but it worked a treat. Had it since for a similar problem and same result....

However, if its the type where its right on the tip of the elbow, i had this once where i couldnt even swing a door close without pain, or even take a t shirt off..

Anyway, the physio said it was unique to weight lifters and he couldn't realy do much. I was sent for a scan to check for a bursa--negative,( infact it didnt show much up of anything that would cause the intense pain ), and then went back to the physio. Throughout this i'd been taken brufen and parecetomol and avoiding any excercise which caused pain.

Physio appologised and said he didnt know what to do or advise other than rest/time off. But he agreed time off can also be detrimental as when we return we feel mentally strong and BOOM it goes again..

Anyway, i then tried super strength cissus quadrisomething or other which is supposed to have anti immflammatory as well as anti catobolic properties. Call it coincidence or what ever but after a few weeks of being on it the elbow pain had all but gone. I was also wearing neoprene elbow sleeves, not really for support but they kept the area nice and warm.

The cissus is meant to be cycled, so i came off after 6 weeks which was last year and touch wood it hasnt raised its ugly head..I still wear the sleeves though and never do skull crushers anymore which what seemed to manifest that particular problem... :)

Last edited:
one word, acupuncture. had tendonitis for years on and off, had 2 cortisone shots but only helped temporarily. 5 visits with the acupuncturist and i've been pain free since.

i was told u cant get shots in the elbow

the first time i got tennis elbow, i got a cortisone shot there and after three days, i never felt anymore pain until 6 months later when I reinjured it. Apparently the shots work but I have something else wrong as well?

Dec for joint pain

Just ran dec for 6 weeks. No more elbow pain. Let's see what happens as it works it's way out of my system. This is the best my elbow & rotator cuff have felt in many many years. Absolutely amazing.

Chiropractor, especially if trained in active release techniques (**broken link removed**)

Medium to high reps with a medium (for you) gripper

Prolotherapy

interesting. I found an ART doctor 70 miles away, I might give him a shout.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131