over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elevated Creatine Levels / CK ratio

hulk79

Registered
Hello. I just got a call from doc on bloodwork. Everything appears to be normal other than my Creatine levels. I have not seen levels, but my Doc said that my Creatine levels were really high. He asked if I took creatine, I said yes. He said to lay off that for a little bit. He said to drink alot of water.

I do eat high proteins diet, about 400 grams per day

My question, should I be worried? Or are high levels due to creatine, high protein, training and probably some dehydration???

Any help is appreciated

Typically high creatine levels can be associated with slight dehydration and being on a high protein diet just depends on how high they are I would ask for the test results to determine what your levels are at. When was your test done? If in the morning you could have just been dehydrating from the night fast

It's not ur creatine he's measuring it's ur Creatinine and creatinine clearance. This tests measures the level of the waste product creatinine in your blood. The tests tell how well your kidneys are working. Creatine is broken down into another substance called creatinine, which is taken out of your blood by the kidneys and then passed out of your urine. The reason he is worried is that high levels mean ur kidneys aren't working properly, and that's why he wants u to drink more water. You should drink about 1 to gallons of water a day. This is really important, if u fuck up ur kidneys ur fucked plain and simple. Start drinking copious amounts of water! Good luck.

Sage

CK is for creatine kinase and it SHOULD be elevated in anyone who lifts hard. Unless you have been having chest pains recently, those results shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I did do test in the morning. I do train hard. Sore almost after all workouts. Protein is from all solid foods. Doing 9-10 oz of meat per meal. 2-3 of my meals are red meat. I do preworkouts with creatine in them.

It came back high a time before. I drank a shit ton of water and it was better. So possibly due to dehydration.

As far as supplements I only am doing Sustanon right now.

how high was it? to many factors that come into play with this but nothing to ignore, you don't want kidney troubles. I do dialysis 6 days a week, cuz of my blood pressure being 225/118 for a long time.

DONT IGNORE IT, trust me

It doesn't have anything to do with your diet (amount of protein consumed) or your hydration level.

"Exercise programs that include eccentric muscle contractions can result in significant serum CK elevations. One study followed 203 participants to evaluate the magnitude of CK elevation and the effect on renal function produced by exercise.3 After performing 50 maximal eccentric elbow flexor contractions, 55% of participants had CK elevations >2000 IU/L at 4 days after exercise; 25% had CK elevations >10,000 IU/L; 13% had levels >20,000 IU/L. None showed any evidence of renal compromise on clinical follow-up. Another study found significant increases in CK (approximate mean of 15,000 IU/L) after repetitive eccentric elbow flexor contractions in college-age males.13
Eccentric weight lifting and similar activities, like downhill running, may result in an increase in serum CK levels of 10 to 20 times normal, whereas other nonweight-bearing exercises and exercise involving no or minimal eccentric contractions, such as swimming and cycling, cause only nominal increases in serum CK.10"

This is just an example and not some obscure study, it is well known that exercise, as well as any skeletal/cardiac muscle trauma raises CK levels.

Thanks guys. My docs only advice was to drink alot of water. More than what I am I guess. I sweat like a whore in church. After one set I am soaked. So maybe I do need to drink more than what I think I am

I will get the exact numbers. Will get tests faxed by doc in a day or so

Do not train for 3-4 days prior to having blood work done. Your results will be much more accurate.

Here is a pic of bloodwork done about 2 weeks before my regular docs. I did this one on my own through private md. Let me know what you think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 81
Your not dehydrated according to this set of labs. Your protein intake may be a little excessive. Your creatinine looks fine, your elevated BUN/Creatinine ratio is not suggestive of dehydration. To score a high BUN marker is suggestive of severe dehydration, as well CKD. Your Albumin and Total Protein are within optimal ranges, in which if these two were elevated in conjunction with a high BUN and Creatinine. Then dehydration would be highly considered.

Are you taking an ACE inhibitor? Looking at your K, this isn't suggestive, rather your creatinine. Which an ACE Inhibitor can raise one's Creatinine by as much as 20%. Dose dependent.

By chance do you have Undiagnosed Sleep Apnea or untreated OSA?

Last edited:
Well I am in my offseason. About to start my diet prep December 1. But my wife has said due to me being 30 lbs heavier that I have sleep apnea. I do feel myself wake myself up sometimes snoring.

This set of labs was done by Labcorp about 7-10 days prior to my doc doing labs. I had these done on my own then when I saw doc for physical he had me do labs

I only am on Sust and gh now. I also do BCAAs and a preworkout powder. For now

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner