over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elevated hemoglobin

kandaandm

Registered
My hemoglobin is elevated over 18. Would donating blood fix that? If so how often?

That will help, and then after that I would check your hemoglobin every 3 months if you are going to keep doing cycles. If it gets up that high then do another one. When you go in to donate they will test your hemoglobin for free. Works out good.

I need to address this also. Have very top of normal range RBC and hemoglobin. Always have unrelated to anything in this lifestyle. Had doctors mention I might want to have therapeutic blood draws at like 18, but I never did because I always have hovered right at the top of normal range for decades Current pcp has never mentioned anything, but as I ready myself for going back on for the first time in years now in middle age, I know I have to address it before as that will certainly push me over the threshold. I’m reticent to discuss with my pcp because he’s ultra conservative and already writes me a script that is controlled and I feel like he’ll say it’s unnecesary because I’m in the normal range, and if I explain why it’s necessary, am going to run into friction regarding medication that I need.

Does donating blood via Red Cross blood drive lower RBC count to the degree a therapeutic draw does? Or is a scripted blood draw to lower RBC more comprehensive?

I can’t seem to find this answer and I’m not a health professional. The health professionals I know haven’t been able to answer the question as they aren’t physicians and not into this lifestyle.

I need to address this also.
As far as I know Red Cross and scripted are the same. I do know if it is too high they will insist you get a script before they take a donation.

I need to address this also. Have very top of normal range RBC and hemoglobin. Always have unrelated to anything in this lifestyle. Had doctors mention I might want to have therapeutic blood draws at like 18, but I never did because I always have hovered right at the top of normal range for decades Current pcp has never mentioned anything, but as I ready myself for going back on for the first time in years now in middle age, I know I have to address it before as that will certainly push me over the threshold. I’m reticent to discuss with my pcp because he’s ultra conservative and already writes me a script that is controlled and I feel like he’ll say it’s unnecesary because I’m in the normal range, and if I explain why it’s necessary, am going to run into friction regarding medication that I need.

Does donating blood via Red Cross blood drive lower RBC count to the degree a therapeutic draw does? Or is a scripted blood draw to lower RBC more comprehensive?

I can’t seem to find this answer and I’m not a health professional. The health professionals I know haven’t been able to answer the question as they aren’t physicians and not into this lifestyle.

In your situation I would donate every 3-4 months,regular whole blood donation .This will keep your rbc,hemoglobin and hematocrit in normal range .I learned the hard way that donating too frequently (every 2 months ) sent my iron and ferritin into single digits .

Please use the search function regarding this topic. A lot has been posted regarding this!

I was donating blood every 3 monts to lower my HGB when i was on high dose. That caused my Ferritin to go down under 5 which was not good. Had to stop donating and after 9 months my ferritin is at 13. which is still low.
Its hard to balance it back to normal now...

I was donating blood every 3 monts to lower my HGB when i was on high dose. That caused my Ferritin to go down under 5 which was not good. Had to stop donating and after 9 months my ferritin is at 13. which is still low.
Same thing has happened to me. I've since lowered my test dose to TRT levels and decided not to blast until everything is leveled out. I think donating can, in some cases, be a double edged sword.

Some of the better know trt docs have been advocating to not donate blood and just let it ride as long as platelets are in range.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seems like donating often isn't a good idea.

With how Many points does your ferretin drops per donation? I assume it will only be re-measured a few months after

Damn! That’s a long time.

Damn! That’s a long time.

Yep.
My HGB is 15.5 now, i just started Ferrous sulfate again to raise Ferr..

Ferritin <5 ng/mL Normal Range - 22 - 365 ng/mL
General information
Collected:
03/06/2018 10:21 AM

Ferritin 13 ng/mL Normal Range - 22 - 365 ng/mL
General information
Collected:
01/16/2019 4:40 PM

Some of the better know trt docs have been advocating to not donate blood and just let it ride as long as platelets are in range.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH-J5kXU-jQ"]Testosterone is erythrocytosis not need phlebotomy-blood letting-for hemochromatosis Neal Rouzier - YouTube[/ame]

Seems like donating often isn't a good idea.

With how Many points does your ferretin drops per donation? I assume it will only be re-measured a few months after

With each 500ml of blood loss we lose upwards of 250mg of iron, and lower serum ferritin by 30-50ng/ml.

Personally I'll take some sort of heme based supplement, 325 mg ferrous sulfate (or similar) EOD, beef liver tabs, ect the week leading up to my phlebotomy and carrying it forward for a few more weeks thereafter.

Obviously one would need check their iron status regularly.

Be one with the iron, don't fear it :)

With each 500ml of blood loss we lose upwards of 250mg of iron, and lower serum ferritin by 30-50ng/ml.

Personally I'll take some sort of heme based supplement, 325 mg ferrous sulfate (or similar) EOD, beef liver tabs, ect the week leading up to my phlebotomy and carrying it forward for a few more weeks thereafter.

Obviously one would need check their iron status regularly.

Be one with the iron, don't fear it :)

What about the thrombocytes? Iron is good, but the thrombocytes are low under range. It is not a problem?
And is it normal that feritin, transferrin and iron is within range after a few blood donations within 3 months? Maybe I have a lot of iron .. Thnx

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws