over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elevated Liver Enzymes

kandaandm

Registered
I got my blood labs done and the only thing off was my AST liver enzymes were 67.

I'm on between 250-500 test and mk2866 30mg.

Is that atypical?

I got my blood labs done and the only thing off was my AST liver enzymes were 67.

Is that atypical?

67 is nothing to worry about at all. Training in the days before testing could have elevated your enzymes. If your AST was the only thing out of range in your entire blood work I would say you are doing just fine. It should go without stating bloodwork is very limited but I just mean out of everything you had tested I wouldn't be worried with those results.

Ostarine can cause elevated liver enzymes. Ostarine is a waste in my opinion

LGD doesnt tend to do this.

67 is fine. Mine have been as high as 122 when I was on Tbol and got drunk back when I was 19. Tested 2 weeks later dropping the Tbol and it was 48.

As everyone has said, you're good if that's the only thing that was elevated. Several different tissues produce AST and a hard training session the day before can raise AST on its own. I was told by my GI doc that you should rest several days prior to getting a blood panel if you want AST to be indicative of anything.

I need to get my liver enzymes checked as well. I swear the dbol Im on is making my liver actually hurt a little if I take 50mgs of it. Thought it was back pumps maybe but it seems more like it may either be dosed accordingly or my 34 year old body is saying "WTF"

I found this thread and have a question as well. I recently started lifting again after a two year break. I went and got my male panel bloodwork done and just like the person above said the only thing elevated was my AST level which came to 52.

I'm on no gear, but I've been sore as hell everyday for the past three weeks as I'm getting my body back in shape.

Question is this: My doctor wants me to get my liver tested again in 4 weeks. Does this mean I have to back off lifting? If so, how many days before the test do I need to back off?

I found this thread and have a question as well. I recently started lifting again after a two year break. I went and got my male panel bloodwork done and just like the person above said the only thing elevated was my AST level which came to 52.

I'm on no gear, but I've been sore as hell everyday for the past three weeks as I'm getting my body back in shape.

Question is this: My doctor wants me to get my liver tested again in 4 weeks. Does this mean I have to back off lifting? If so, how many days before the test do I need to back off?
yes, about 3-5 days.

yes, about 3-5 days.
Thanks, so much for the quick response!

One more quick question: Will injectable test mess with this level? I was planning on getting back on for recovery purposes, or should I wait another 4 weeks till I get the liver test again?

Thanks, so much for the quick response!

One more quick question: Will injectable test mess with this level? I was planning on getting back on for recovery purposes, or should I wait another 4 weeks till I get the liver test again?

Probably not at a TRT dose. Might not raise them at a bodybuilding dose either. Not training for several days to a week before is what will lower ALT/AST most. You could also take some milk thistle to keep it down too.

Generally it's not worrisome unless the numbers are tripled...but if you're worried or pro-active in the future, add a GGT test.

Probably not at a TRT dose. Might not raise them at a bodybuilding dose either. Not training for several days to a week before is what will lower ALT/AST most. You could also take some milk thistle to keep it down too.
Thank you for the response. I'll take 5 days off of training before the test. I appreciate the advice.

Generally it's not worrisome unless the numbers are tripled...but if you're worried or pro-active in the future, add a GGT test.
I agree. I just don't want my doctor asking too many questions. After I get the results of the new test next week, I'll decide on whether or not to take the GGT test.

Thank you!

My liver enzymes are always a bit whacky. The only way they'll go back to under the upper range is if I take a full week and a half off of training. There are a lot more factors playing into AST/ALT levels which include muscular damage we experience during resistance training. It's not something to just write off entirely, but outside of any other symptoms it typically isn't anything to be too alarmed about.

67 is nothing to worry about at all. Training in the days before testing could have elevated your enzymes. If your AST was the only thing out of range in your entire blood work I would say you are doing just fine. It should go without stating bloodwork is very limited but I just mean out of everything you had tested I wouldn't be worried with those results.

Exactly. I will add to this:

Jonas Pettersson et al. Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men. February 2008. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 65(2):253-9

Abstract

What is already known about this subject: The occurrence of idiosyncratic drug hepatotoxicity is a major problem in all phases of clinical drug development and the leading cause of postmarketing warnings and withdrawals. Physical exercise can result in transient elevations of liver function tests. There is no consensus in the literature on which forms of exercise may cause changes in liver function tests and to what extent. What this study adds: Weightlifting results in profound increases in liver function tests in healthy men used to moderate physical activity, not including weightlifting. Liver function tests are significantly increased for at least 7 days after weightlifting. It is important to impose relevant restrictions on heavy muscular exercise prior to and during clinical studies.

Aim: To investigate the effect of intensive muscular exercise (weightlifting) on clinical chemistry parameters reflecting liver function in healthy men.

Methods: Fifteen healthy men, used to moderate physical activity not including weightlifting, performed an 1 h long weightlifting programme. Blood was sampled for clinical chemistry parameters [aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), lactate dehydrogenase (LD), gamma-glutamyl transferase (gamma GT), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), bilirubin, creatine kinase (CK) and myoglobin] at repeated intervals during 7 days postexercise and at a follow-up examination 10-12 days postexercise. Results: Five out of eight studied clinical chemistry parameters (AST, ALT, LD, CK and myoglobin) increased significantly after exercise (P < 0.01) and remained increased for at least 7 days postexercise. Bilirubin, gamma GT and ALP remained within the normal range.

Conclusion: The liver function parameters, AST and ALT, were significantly increased for at least 7 days after the exercise. In addition, LD and, in particular, CK and myoglobin showed highly elevated levels. These findings highlight the importance of imposing restrictions on weightlifting prior to and during clinical studies. Intensive muscular exercise, e.g. weightlifting, should also be considered as a cause of asymptomatic elevations of liver function tests in daily clinical practice.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0180840

Liver enzymes (ALT, AST, GGT)

With the exception of men who participate in aerobic exercise training, more days of strength or aerobic exercise were associated with higher AST. Additionally, with the exception of women who participate in strength exercise training, more days of strength or aerobic exercise were associated with lower ALT. AST and ALT are both aminotransferase enzymes found primarily in the liver and play a role in amino acid metabolism. Elevated levels of AST in active individuals are likely a result of increased amino acid metabolism and release from muscle [43]. Prior research has shown that both AST and ALT increase after both aerobic [44] and strength exercise where levels can be elevated for more than 7 days [45]. As metabolic demands are increased in active individuals, it is not known why higher frequency of participation in aerobic exercise was associated with lower AST in men or why levels of ALT tended to be

Over the years, the reference ranges have dropped into the 40's. 20-30 years ago the high end reference ranges were in the 60's. The reason they dropped the reference ranges over the years was that Doctors were missing too many positive Hepatitis B infections in patients. They dropped the ranges as an easy way to pick up more of the positive Hep B cases.

Is that atypical?

First off - AST & ALT will naturally be higher in a person that works out. The testosterone you are taking is not enough really to raise your liver enzymes. Ostarine will raise your liver enzymes. 67 is not nothing to be worried about. Get re-tested again take off from training for a week prior if you can and you will see your number come down. Also you can take Milk Thistle & Dandelion to help liver out. These can be bought at any Health food/Vitamin/Supplement store.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131