Registered
CLIFFS
-doxycycline use for 2.5years off now
-bloated gut
-dieting down/cutting, currently 11%
-taking probiotics and fermented food
-gluten wheat and dairy free diet
-ADVICE TO REDUCE "GUT"

Long story short, dermatologist had me on 100mg doxycycline 2x a day for 2.5years for acne until I tapered off it.

I noticed I have a bloated looking gut. 6'2 220lbs I'd say. 11% body fat with visible abs, still working on dieting down to 7% . My waist measures 35"! It was 38" a few months back when I stopped doxycycline and I was less lean.

I'm taking a 30 billion cfu probiotic daily, along with incorporating organic sauerkraut into my diet for the probiotic benefits. As well as 1 teaspoon 2x a day of fiber to help the gut bacteria.

My diet is extremely tight and clean. Chicken eggs beef, sweet potato, brown rice, oats. Natural pb, olive oil, almonds. Whey isolate from truenutrition.com. So virtually no dairy, no gluten and no wheat.

My focus right now is getting lean, but 100% most important is getting this damn gut to like 31-32"

Any input would be great.

Low carbs/keeping insulin low will get that gut down.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

prob best thing you can do is just stay on that clean diet and focus on getting healthy...

being on meds like that for so long just seems lie such a bad idea.

im sure the longer you stay away and stick to what you are doing the issue will correct itself.

Coming from a similar situation, two additions are sweet dairy whey and yogurt combined.

ram

antibiotics kill off the good bacteria in your digestive system in general. so pre and probiotics are what i take more of after a cycle of antibiotics. i find prebiotics to be more helpful.

I have been suffering from gerd and bad flora imbalances for years

organic apple cider vinegar is the poor mans HGH - minus anabolic effects.

IT is fountain of youth, SWIM trains UFC/Bellator Fighters and it is mandatory staple for them, also my mom , son, gf, friends, co workers etc

also consider adding digestive enzymes pre/post meals

strongest digestive enzymes in nature - include these in your diet

1. papaya - papain - amalayse, lipase, protease
2. pina - pineapple - bromelain
3.apples - pectin

huge improvement in my symptoms is when i switched to ALKALINE WATER, and alkaline - near alkaline diet

I have been diagnosed with gerd for over 10 years, ive abused accutane, oral trenbolone and mixed and matched orals for year at a time. Not only did it stress my kidneys, liver bad, cholesterol was high. After implementing the above my levels are back to normal. Point is- The orals were affecting my digestive system and accentuating bad symptoms , so there is hope after your doxy usage . fortunate for you doxy is mild compared to many . the entire cycline family is mild

Last edited:

IT is fountain of youth, SWIM trains UFC/Bellator Fighters and it is mandatory staple for them, also my mom , son, gf, friends, co workers etc

3.apples - pectin

huge improvement in my symptoms is when i switched to ALKALINE WATER, and alkaline - near alkaline diet

I have been diagnosed with gerd for over 10 years, ive abused accutane, oral trenbolone and mixed and matched orals for year at a time. Not only did it stress my kidneys, liver bad, cholesterol was high. After implementing the above my levels are back to normal. Point is- The orals were affecting my digestive system and accentuating bad symptoms , so there is hope after your doxy usage . fortunate for you doxy is mild compared to many . the entire cycline family is mild

potassium citrate will prob base you out faster/stronger then alkaline water plus great for pre event/workout.

helps control gi bacteria too.

I notice a difference when I stop using it... like big time for digestion.

3.apples - pectin

Thank you! I will add in the acd. How much and when are you taking it? I do take digestive enzymes with a few meals a day, lots of probiotics

Diet is super clean bulking or cutting, simply MORE of the good stuff when it's grow time.

Right now I'm carb cycling on a diet shelby had written me a while back, not currently working with him. Two days next to no carbs, one day moderate etc

potassium citrate will prob base you out faster/stronger then alkaline water plus great for pre event/workout.

helps control gi bacteria too.

I notice a difference when I stop using it... like big time for digestion.

thank you. Is there a product you can recommend - is it tab/cap form or powder -yuck ?

After reading health benefits, I am sold. I will order a bottle after some more research on brands /fdbk

excited - as lame as that sounds :)

convincing read

What Are the Benefits of Potassium Citrate? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Thank you! I will add in the acd. How much and when are you taking it? I do take digestive enzymes with a few meals a day, lots of probiotics

Diet is super clean bulking or cutting, simply MORE of the good stuff when it's grow time.

Right now I'm carb cycling on a diet shelby had written me a while back, not currently working with him. Two days next to no carbs, one day moderate etc

I do M-F low carb and taper up . Then I gorge on weekends. Fats are hard for me to digest. ACV will improve quality of your life by 25% within a week guaranteed. Quick benefits - better skin tone, more regular, internal "douche", alkaline body, anti fungal/viral/bacterial

I cant do most gluten except ezekiel bread (Ezekiel 4:9 Low Sodium Sprouted Whole Grain Bread | Food For Life)

curanaderos, brujas ( witches ) in mexico have been using this for thousands of years (acv)

Last edited:
Ezekiel bread really doesn't count much as gluten because it's more of the ancient grain VS what wheat has become today which is partly why it's more easily digested

How are you guys using/drinking the apple cider vinegar?

How are you guys using/drinking the apple cider vinegar?

2 TBSP with 8-10oz water here, I also have all my clients do same protocol, but ramp up with 1 tbsp at a time.

People mix it with anything bro, salads, shakes etc - not me.

If you can handle a liquid RC aI or SERM taste etc- you can handle this lol

thank you. Is there a product you can recommend - is it tab/cap form or powder -yuck ?

After reading health benefits, I am sold. I will order a bottle after some more research on brands /fdbk

excited - as lame as that sounds :)

convincing read

What Are the Benefits of Potassium Citrate? | LIVESTRONG.COM

I honestly just eat the raw powder, big spoonful in my mouth before I go to the gym. roughly 3-5g you can actually feel it so you will be able to figure out a sweet spot.

it is super sour, like terrible sour if you let it hit your tongue, but not too bad if you mix it into something sweet, like pre shake.

its a great sup I have used for years.

I do not use store brands.

;)

Last edited:
I guess I'm tainted. On our 8th grade DC trip we dared a kid to down a whole bottle and he did. Then proceeded to vomit on the bus ride lol. Since then I've always been scared of Apple Cidar Vinegar.

florastor packets form Walgreens have the sarcomyces bacteria, which is fantastic for even babies and dogs. Very fast results in reestablishing the gut .

This is just my personal exp. im no expert, but i know what worked for me. I suffered from H. Pylori for yrs with out ever being diagnosed, finally i made an appointment with a GI doc that knew WTF he was doing...turns out i was suffering from this bac. for so long, it started causing ulcers. Needless to say i would placed on some good amounts of antibiotics. It was hellish, but served its purpose well. After though i had 2 weeks of feeling awesome, stomach was no longer bloated, and i was going to the WC 2-3 times a day (before i was always constipated). That didnt last long, and everything shifted back to bloated stomach, mild constipation, etc. My GI doc told me to get on probiotics asap, take a quality multi enzyme supplement, and to cut out all dairy, gluten, wheat, etc. basically anything that could be an allergen to me. It helped but not fully, I have the fortune of having a young, and well informed gen MD, that felt something was missing, so she had me do some blood work...and there it was, my sodium, and B12 levels were extremely low. B12 helped for my extreme lack of energy, but what helped with the bloat, and lack of proper elimination, was the sodium. She explained that a low sodium level, could easily disrupt the proper digestion process, and cause constipation, flatulence, bloat, etc. She had me take a 1/4 tsp of salt with a gallon of water everyday, and im telling you, by week 2, my bloated gut was gone, i was using the WC like normal, no more hard as stone feces, and my extreme flatulence was gone. I also added monolaurin, which i think also helped quite a bit.

Now again this is what helped me, not saying this will cure your woes, but again this definitely helped me enormously. Good luck bro...

This is just my personal exp. im no expert, but i know what worked for me. I suffered from H. Pylori for yrs with out ever being diagnosed, finally i made an appointment with a GI doc that knew WTF he was doing...turns out i was suffering from this bac. for so long, it started causing ulcers. Needless to say i would placed on some good amounts of antibiotics. It was hellish, but served its purpose well. After though i had 2 weeks of feeling awesome, stomach was no longer bloated, and i was going to the WC 2-3 times a day (before i was always constipated). That didnt last long, and everything shifted back to bloated stomach, mild constipation, etc. My GI doc told me to get on probiotics asap, take a quality multi enzyme supplement, and to cut out all dairy, gluten, wheat, etc. basically anything that could be an allergen to me. It helped but not fully, I have the fortune of having a young, and well informed gen MD, that felt something was missing, so she had me do some blood work...and there it was, my sodium, and B12 levels were extremely low. B12 helped for my extreme lack of energy, but what helped with the bloat, and lack of proper elimination, was the sodium. She explained that a low sodium level, could easily disrupt the proper digestion process, and cause constipation, flatulence, bloat, etc. She had me take a 1/4 tsp of salt with a gallon of water everyday, and im telling you, by week 2, my bloated gut was gone, i was using the WC like normal, no more hard as stone feces, and my extreme flatulence was gone. I also added monolaurin, which i think also helped quite a bit.

Now again this is what helped me, not saying this will cure your woes, but again this definitely helped me enormously. Good luck bro...

I have suffered with H-pylori, and ask you know, it stays dormant for a long time

bactrim and something else was the antibiotic they put me on . I was on a cycle at about 230 lbs. I dropped about 30 lbs in 1 month sick as a dog from the antibiotics they prescribed to treat h-pylori. My upper stomach was so sensitive you couldnt even touch the skin with a fingernail - in my diaphragm. H Pylori had me shitting piles of foam ( it looked like saliva and spit, had no odor or texture) and throwing up mouthfuls of spit/saliva.

I treat gerd with zegerid - omeprazole and sodiu,m bicarbonate. Omeprazole linked to osteoperosis recently, but on all the aas and sarms (ostarine), I am not worried.

"The Truth About H. Pylori
Since H. pylori was targeted as the cause of stomach ulcers several years ago, the total elimination of H. pylon from the body with antibiotic therapy has now become the accepted therapy for ulcers in the stomach and small intestine. What researchers are now discovering is that patients who have killed off all their H. pylori colonies are subsequently developing gastro-esophageal reflux and esophageal cancer. It seems that, while an overgrowth of H. pylon might contribute to stomach ulcers, normal populations of the bacteria provide a protective effect for the esophagus. [J Infect Dis 99;179(6):1523-30] [Am J Gastroenterol 00;95(9):2306-11]"

Last edited:
I need to do this myself. I was on doxycycline for 3 months and my stomach hasn't been the same since.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws