over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EliteXC - Saturday Night Fights//CBS - Kimbo

they caught it but they caught him doing a thumbs up saying he was ok (or thats what the announcers said)

He was tapping and the ref must not have seen it then the ref asked him if he was ok and he gave the thumbs up

**broken link removed**

some sparks fly at the press conference

He was tapping and the ref must not have seen it then the ref asked him if he was ok and he gave the thumbs up

Yeah I saw that and he did tap but changed his mind right away and gave a thumbs up, but you could immediately see Thompson telling the ref he tapped. I wasn't terribly impressed with Kimbo but he really hasn't been training that long compared to anyone else that was fighting so I won't write him off yet. But he's for sure 2 years of hard training and probably 4 or 5 fights away from even thinking about a title anywhere.
I think my fav fight of the night was actually the Carano fight! I'd like to see both of those girls fight again. That high kick ko in the fighter previews was brutal!

People are giving Kimbo way too much attention. Guess he is just the flavor of the week. He'll fade after he faces some good competition, and gets his butt kicked. I've actually heard some people mention they wish he could get into the UFC and match up with Brock Lesnar..........that would be a really bad day for Slice. He would get destroyed.

People are giving Kimbo way too much attention. Guess he is just the flavor of the week. He'll fade after he faces some good competition, and gets his butt kicked. I've actually heard some people mention they wish he could get into the UFC and match up with Brock Lesnar..........that would be a really bad day for Slice. He would get destroyed.

Yeah Lesnar has more potential for the sport for sure. Kimbo wouldn't know what to do with that kind of wrestling ability and off the charts raw strength and athleticism.

Kimbo Looked Old tired at the end. Id say he has Just a few more Big paychecks coming if he plays it right. Get him in there with someone Like a Couture or a Fedor and would get destroyed.
Tough SOB though!! It was a good fight.

I thought the female fight was the fight of the night! :D

I dont know if the tv cameras caught it but Kimbo tapped when he was stuck in the guillotine. Also Thompsons ear was about to explode before the fight even started and I would bet if there was not so much riding on that fight any other fighter would not have been cleared to fight

It's hard for me to believe that James Thompson and his corner were not instructed to not drain the ear before the fight. Any cornerman worth their salt would know to drain that ear before the fight. The cauliflower was so ripe that it was almost busted open upon the ring/octagon check. I think that the powers to be probably did anything and everything to insure that ear was ripe and ready to explode. What better way to grab the attention of the newbie that CBS is trying to attract then the all powerful Kimbo blasting his opponent's ear all over the cage. Watching the highlights on the local news all they spoke off was Kimbo busting open Thompson's ear causing a stoppage. It was never mentioned that Kimbo was way behind on the scorecards including a 10-8 2nd round that almost resulted in a stoppage. This fight was awful and a real insult to everyone that has ever given an ounce of sweat and blood to MMA in any capacity, including those who have purchased Pay Per views. The ultimate insult was the victor Kimbo lying flat on his back like he was put to sleep, while the tomato can he just TKO'ed was battling and aurguing with the ref. I know Bas wanted to scream at Kimbo to get up and act like you won you big p!@## you fought 12 minutes but whoever is paying Rutten to play along and act like this tomato can is a contender might cut him off.

KIMBO is going to make his money and fade into the darkness....

THOMPSON...I am not picking on handicap people, but he looks about 1/8 of a chromosome from retard. He had plenty of chances to finish kimbo on the ground and failed, and he just looked like he was NOT all there from the start of the fight. You notice they did not do a profile on him like they did every other fighter. THe commentators stated how he was DRAMATICALLY knocked out his last 2 fights, well if he was KOed his last 2 and KIMBO could not finish him, that makes me question the punching power of KIMBO when the fight is goes past 2 minutes in the first round.

2.5 hours for 5 fights is HORSE SHIT!!! I will stick with the UFC and WEC..a lot more action and less BS.

Who the hell decides who commentates these fights??? HOLY shit the bed batman...some of the crap that came out of the one guys mouth had me wondering WTF he was thinking. HE was talking during the fight how one of the fighters (The latino guy that beat BARONI) likes to fly fish and how he caught a rare golden trout...I could give a shit care less if he caught a brown trout out of a honey bucket. What he does on the weekend I could care less about...just fight and keep his fishing stories to the BBQ after the fight.

It's hard for me to believe that James Thompson and his corner were not instructed to not drain the ear before the fight. Any cornerman worth their salt would know to drain that ear before the fight. The cauliflower was so ripe that it was almost busted open upon the ring/octagon check. I think that the powers to be probably did anything and everything to insure that ear was ripe and ready to explode. What better way to grab the attention of the newbie that CBS is trying to attract then the all powerful Kimbo blasting his opponent's ear all over the cage. Watching the highlights on the local news all they spoke off was Kimbo busting open Thompson's ear causing a stoppage. It was never mentioned that Kimbo was way behind on the scorecards including a 10-8 2nd round that almost resulted in a stoppage. This fight was awful and a real insult to everyone that has ever given an ounce of sweat and blood to MMA in any capacity, including those who have purchased Pay Per views. The ultimate insult was the victor Kimbo lying flat on his back like he was put to sleep, while the tomato can he just TKO'ed was battling and aurguing with the ref. I know Bas wanted to scream at Kimbo to get up and act like you won you big p!@## you fought 12 minutes but whoever is paying Rutten to play along and act like this tomato can is a contender might cut him off.

I do believe one commentator stated that it was an ALIEN LIFE FORM hanging off his ear.

DRAIN that crap so it does not pop and he loses a liter of blood for shit sake.

I do believe one commentator stated that it was an ALIEN LIFE FORM hanging off his ear.

DRAIN that crap so it does not pop and he loses a liter of blood for shit sake.

I got a good look at that ear before the fight and it had a pulse.

KIMBO is going to make his money and fade into the darkness....

THOMPSON...I am not picking on handicap people, but he looks about 1/8 of a chromosome from retard. He had plenty of chances to finish kimbo on the ground and failed, and he just looked like he was NOT all there from the start of the fight. You notice they did not do a profile on him like they did every other fighter. THe commentators stated how he was DRAMATICALLY knocked out his last 2 fights, well if he was KOed his last 2 and KIMBO could not finish him, that makes me question the punching power of KIMBO when the fight is goes past 2 minutes in the first round.

2.5 hours for 5 fights is HORSE SHIT!!! I will stick with the UFC and WEC..a lot more action and less BS.

Who the hell decides who commentates these fights??? HOLY shit the bed batman...some of the crap that came out of the one guys mouth had me wondering WTF he was thinking. HE was talking during the fight how one of the fighters (The latino guy that beat BARONI) likes to fly fish and how he caught a rare golden trout...I could give a shit care less if he caught a brown trout out of a honey bucket. What he does on the weekend I could care less about...just fight and keep his fishing stories to the BBQ after the fight.

Frank Shamrock was horrible as a commentator. He just irritates me. Nothing beats Joe Rogan. Rogan's the Harry Cary of MMA. As the show goes on he get's looser and looser.. :foo;-smil

SORRY.. didnt like it and will be surprised if it lasts long.. any org. basing their credabilty on a guy like kimbo will not last long.. they will feed him some chumps here and tehre.. but, he is not a that good at all.. stevenson is not that great a fighter and he gave kimbo all he wanted.. and i do believed he tapped.. but, that fight was going to be a kimbo win whether he actually won it or not.. as for the premature stoppages.. that is silly.. either let them fight or just stop porducing the events.. if you think the public is going to be "sickened" by it then it is already a lose . lose situation.. stopping the lawler fight was just plain silly and amatuer at best..

SORRY.. didnt like it and will be surprised if it lasts long.. any org. basing their credabilty on a guy like kimbo will not last long.. they will feed him some chumps here and tehre.. but, he is not a that good at all.. stevenson is not that great a fighter and he gave kimbo all he wanted.. and i do believed he tapped.. but, that fight was going to be a kimbo win whether he actually won it or not.. as for the premature stoppages.. that is silly.. either let them fight or just stop porducing the events.. if you think the public is going to be "sickened" by it then it is already a lose . lose situation.. stopping the lawler fight was just plain silly and amatuer at best..

Hopefully, we can make up for it tonight with the Faber and Jens fight.

I just got done watching the fight...Give the man a dam break, he has fought 3 times...LOL..."he would lose to the best in the world", well yah I would hope Fedor would be able to beat a guy who has 3 whole MMA fights behind his belt...

There is a lot of hype on Kimbo but there is equally as much expectations being put on him as well...You guys expect him to be a superstar right out of the gates...Lesnar seems to get a big break, why I dont know...has he shown anything out of this world besides he is stronk as fuk...all this about his ground game and he gets tapped...I hope both guys are succesull cuz they are both great for entertainment and both have solid potential...

I just got done watching the fight...Give the man a dam break, he has fought 3 times...LOL..."he would lose to the best in the world", well yah I would hope Fedor would be able to beat a guy who has 3 whole MMA fights behind his belt...

There is a lot of hype on Kimbo but there is equally as much expectations being put on him as well...You guys expect him to be a superstar right out of the gates...Lesnar seems to get a big break, why I dont know...has he shown anything out of this world besides he is stronk as fuk...all this about his ground game and he gets tapped...I hope both guys are succesull cuz they are both great for entertainment and both have solid potential...
That was the problem he had 3 fights and no skill and he headlined as the main event in the first MMA card on regular television in history. He was asked to be the spokesman for a great sport on the rise. How would you feel if bodybuilding was on the verge of greatness and all of us who are in this would benefit from just one event to tell what we were all about and they sent as our spokesman Greg Valentino (err I'm sorry they do that already) As far as Lesnar I somewhat agree but he has a big time amatuer wrestling backround. That will put you light years ahead of many that are getting into the MMA game. He got submitted on the ground by one of the best BJJ Black Belts in the world and a guy who at one time was the UFC Heavyweight champ. Kimbo is getting into the sport at 34 with no backround at all. I hear from everyone about his punching power and who has he ever hit? From his ground game and his cardio he might not ever get to strike again he's going right to the ground.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws