over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elvia ...what's new in the Pre-Workout supplement area

rmtt

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi my friend,

I remember the massive thread you had going awhile back about pre workout supplements. As you had tried most everything, I asked for a recommendation for someone like me who can be fairly sensitive to stimulants.

I think you recommend Dr. Jekyll.

Since I'm starting back in the gym and I train at 4:00am I'm needing something to help get me in the mood.

I am a little better with caffeine (started a coffee habit) ,but don't want to over do it as I still like to drink my coffee later.

I think my biggest issue was with Beta-Alanine if test is the correct spelling. Anything with that or Arginine would make me flush bright red, and seem like I was having an allergic reaction to something.

You got any ideas on anything with a low to moderate caffeine dose, but will also give me the focus to be more amped up about my training session?

I figured I'd there were anything new out on the market, you would be the expert. And I'm not opposed to something that I can only take a 1/2 dose of....it would save me money in the long run anyway by lasting longer.

Thanks for any insight you could provide and I hope you are well today!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Well low and behold, I just seen that thread pop up near the top.....someone else must have been thinking the same thing.

The thread is still going ;) It's good to hear from you. I would go with Matrix Nutrition NO Pump Xtreme, 5% Nutritions Full as Fuck or Cobra Lab's The Curse.

It's hard for US guys to get the Matrix one but if you can I 100% recommend it as no.1. If you go with Full as Fuck that contains no stimulants so I would recommend trying 25-50mg teacrine or approx 100-150mg caffeine. You can buy caffeine pills for very cheap. Or do what I do and have an espresso (or double). The Full as Fuck would be good as you can tailor your stimulant dose to suit you but up the dose of the product itself if you want to.

The Curse is great and not strong stimulant wise and very cost effective especially if just using 1 scoop. However that was does contain beta alanine but not too much. I think teh Curse is ideal for you even with that BA inside but you will only know if you try. There are so many products so it's worth checking out review sites and I am sure you can find many great ones to suit your goals.

Here is my full list but it doesn't include loads of detail about each product (most are no suited to you though)...

GSN's NitroNOX Pro- Probably the pre workout I have ever taken. This is amazing for energy, pumps, mood etc. It has everything and I recommend it to anyone. I would give it a 10/10.

Kali Muscle's Hyphy Mud 2.0- I simply love this product. On paper it looks crap but it makes me feel like a machine. The energy and focus and overall feeling on this product is amazing. I want to give it a 10 but I guess it lacks in pumps so I will give it a 9.5/10.

Matrix Nutrition NO Pump Xtreme- Amazing. This only has 80mg caffeine per scoop and is more a pump product. Incredible pumps and feel with a nice boost in energy. 2 scoops of this will give you ridiculous pumps and great energy. One of the best I have ever used. 2 scoops is a 9.5/10.

5% Nutrition 5150- This gets mixed reviews but I love it. It's not as strong as many may think but I get great energy, pumps and a euphoric feeling shortly after dosing. It's also one of the nicest pre workouts I have ever tasted ( (pomegranate flavour). Overall an easy 9/10.

PRE JYM- This didn't impress me at first but the more I used it the more I liked it. I call it a complete pre workout and it performs in every sense (pumps, energy, focus, feel) and contains some useful ingredients. I would give it a 9/10.

Dynamik's Savage Roar- An excellent pre workout that delivers in every way. Overall a 9/10.

Musclerage's Limitless- One of the nicest tasting pre workouts I have tried (Cotton Candy). Nice clean energy with no crash afterwards. One of the best products I have ever used for pumps. Overall 9/10.

RedCon1 Total War- A fantastic product and I can tell most would love this. Great for energy, pumps and focus. You can't really go wrong and it's a 9/10.

Ronnie Coleman Yeah Buddy- This to me is very similar to HYDE (on paper and in effect) but without any negatives. A very strong product I recommend to anyone who is fine with stimulants. Overall an easy 9/10.

5% Nutrition's Full as Fuck- Techinally not really a pre workout but many use it for that so it's worth mentioning. This contains no stimulants so if you want that it is ideal. I used this through the day (perhaps going the beach) or pre workout with caffeine. The pumps and vascularity from this are insane for me. It's much better used on an empty stomach and takes time to build up. An excellent stimulant free pre workout. You could also add a good stimulant like teacrine to it to make a fantastic complete preworkout too. For what it is I give it a 9/10.

Musclemeds NO BULL- Great product. Amazing for pumps and good energy. Feel very different but in a good way. Some of the best pumps ever but they fade away after 2 weeks or so. Overall a 8.5/10.

Cobra Labs The Curse- Fantastic product. On paper this doesn't look good at all... very basic etc. I think it contains 125mg caffeine and 5mg olive leaf extract per scoop. However I feel this a lot and it seems to get great reviews by most. Very cheap too. 2 scoops of this should make you a machine in the gym. Definitely recommend if you want something simple but effective. Rating changes with scoops but overall a 8.5/10.

Ergogenix's Ergoblast- A great pre workout and felt very different to most. Nothing too powerful but the focus was great. The pumps were incredible on this product. Overall I give it a 8.5/10.

Muscle Chemistry's Pump Juice Extreme- Great product and provides clean energy and incredible pumps. If you need a pump product try this one (10/10 for pumps). Overall I rate it an 8.5/10.

BSN's NO-XPLODE XE EDGE- It contains a lot of useful ingredients. Whilst some may not be dosed high enough the final effect is a very good one. It performs in all areas and I felt great on it. This was just a sachet so could be better at a higher dose. Overall an 8.5/10.

Dorian Yates NOX Pump- Decent. I used this years ago and it was incredible. This time nowhere as good so the formula must be different (something got banned). Maybe better than decent as with an espresso I am an animal in the gym. This an a single espresso was a fav of mine for a while. With an extra kick this product can score a 9.5/10 but alone it's a solid 8/10.

Chaos and Pain’s Cannibal Ferox Amped- Probably the strongest pre workout I have ever taken in regards to stimulants. I really enjoyed this and if you like your stimulants definitely try it out. The one area this really stands out in is the added mental focus. Overall I give it an 8/10.

Run Everything Lab's EWP- This is a very good product but it's effectiveness lowered fairly quickly. It gives me a good boost in energy and pumps. Overall a 8/10.

ProSupps Mr Hyde Zero- Everyone rates this very highly but it's nowhere near my favourite products. It's strong and great for energy but this left me breathless and I have used stronger products without that side effect. Although it still scores fairly highly at 8/10.

Gaspari SP250- Very good. Better for energy and focus than pumps bit overall a great pre workout. It did make me crash a bit later on though. I would get the shakes too. Ver strong even at just 1 scoop and it is not a 1 scoop formula so be careful when upping the dose. I would give it an 8/10.

Universal's Fury- A very basic but solid product. Contains everything you need in a pre workout though. Green apple flavour is the sweetest pre workout I have ever tried. I like that but many won't. Solid product and scores an 8/10.

Brawn Nutrition's Venom 2.0-Not for the stimulant sensitive. Although this didn't feel as strong as I intially thougth it would be. Overall a very good product and I rate it an 8/10.

BSN's NO Xplode 3.0- Good product and well worth a try. Very long lasting energy with this one. Overall an 8/10.

Betancourt's D-Stunner Alpha- My latest pre workout and a solid product. Great initial surge of energy that lowers quickly but still stays. Nothing spectacular but many should enjoy this product. So far an 8/10.

Grenade's .50 Caliber- It comes in fireball flavour and this is unique to any bb products. Some will love the taste and many will hate it. I quite like it but chilli flavour is unusual. This delivers in all areas and most should enjoy it. Overall I give it an 8/10.

Nutrex Hemo Rage The Underground- Very similar to Hemo Rage black and gives great energy. Nothing incredible but a solid product. I rate it 7.5/10.

GAT PMP- A similar but improved version of Nitraflex. This really grew on me but nothing spectacular. Overall a good product though and I give it a 7.5/10.

Nutrex Outlift- Very good product but not as good as the label suggests. It's similar to PRE JYM in many ways but not as effective. I would give it a 7.5/10.

Nutrex's Hemo Rage Black- This is all about energy and a decent product but not as good as many others I have tried. Although I feel really good on this one. Overall I give it a 7.5/10.

Lee Lebrada Super Charge Xtreme 4.0- Initially I was not impressed at all but it did improve over time. Not a cheap pre workout either. It's meant to have a lot of caffeine in but I feel a single espresso more than 1 scoop. Might be ok for some but definitely not for me. 1 scop would be 5/10 and 2 scoops 7.5/10.

Blackstone Labs Dust v2- Nice flow of energy and great pumps. Not as strong as I thought it would be. Overall a decent preworkout and 7.5/10.

Beast Yourself Raging Bull- Very good. On paper it is incredible but doesn't live on to that. Really good pumps and combined with an espresso it comes alive even more. I would give it a 7.5/10.

PRE-KAGED by Kaged Muscle- An excellent ingredient list and as a result a very expensive pre workout. Similar to PRE JYM in many ways. Overall a good product but doesn't have the wow factor. Overall I give it an 7.5/10.

Dynamik's Gamma Ray- This is more of a compliment product in my eyes. It's the pump product for Savage Roar. If you are judging it solely it's nothing spectacular but when added to a traditonal pre workout it can be really special. Not as effective as Full as Fuck but a very good product. Judging it solely as a pump product I would give it a 7.5/10.

Universal's Shock Therapy- A good pre workout in every sense. I would recommend this one for beginners. Performs in all areas and at 2 scoops an 7.5/10.

USN 3XT Pump- The only thing this does for pumps is the name of the product. It's all energy and very good at that. Some may liek this but I would run out to buy it. Overall a 7/10.

MHP's Reckless- This was a 2 serving sachet so my review is limited to just 1 usage. The initial energy surge was great but it faded really quickly and overall this product is lacking. I can imagine 1 serving would be a waste for me. 2 servings scores a 7/10.

Scivation Quake 10.0- What a disappointment. Looks really good on paper but doesn't perform. The pumps are good but no real energy or focus for me. Overall a 6.5/10.

5% Nutrition KILL IT- This one I only tried a sample so take this review with a pinch of salt. I wasn't impressed and expected/hoped for better as I like 5%. Didn't notice too much but again only a sample. Overall a 6/10 but with more scoops could be much better.

GAT Nitraflex- Not impressed at all. I just had a 2 weeks break from caffeine too. Need to give it another week but so far doesn't do much. It's meant to have 325mg caffeine and 1.5g beta alanine per scoop but I don't feel either. Taste means nothing for pre workout's but I will say the pina colada is nice. I would give it a 5/10.

MAN Sports NOOPump- This is another stimulant free pre workout. I was disappointed using this and it's nowhere as effective as Full as Fuck. It's not a bad product but there are much better out there. Overall I rate it a 5/10.

Warrior Rage- Marketed as one of the strongest pre workouts but didn't do much. I would not recommend it. I give it a 3/10

MRI Black Powder- Crap. Not even worth writing more about. How can you fuck up a pre workout so much. 2 pro plus would be better. Rating is the worst in my list and 1/1

Half scoop of Sparta Kraken. You won't need a full scoop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading your post again (mainly looking for energy and higher caffeine tolerance) you could use 1/2 scoop of many of the above and then slowly ease up to 1 scoop max. Dynamik's Savage Roar is a great product and could be good. Others ones would be Ergogenix's Ergoblast and RedCon1's Total War. Most of them include approx 300mg caffeine and other stimulants so 1/2 scoop as a start should be gtg for you. You may only need 1/2 scoop so the tub would last ages.

My fav is Kali Muscle's Hyphy Mud 2.0 and the energy and focus is incredible. If you are used to coffee I am sure 1/2 scoop of that should be manageable.

I still say Matrix first then maybe Savage Roar, HM 2.0, FAF with teacrine etc.

Elvia, you sold me on GSN NitroNOX Pro.

Have you bought it or did you use it in the past? You will love it. My caffeine tolerance was lower back. Pretty much 90% of the people I have recommended it to have said 10/10 too. I would like to try it today to see how it compares.

Last edited:
WTF.

How can a single person know this much about pre-workouts?

Have you bought it or did you use it in the past? You will love it. My caffeine tolerance was lower back. Pretty much 90% of the people I have recommended it to have said 10/10 too. I would like to try it today to see how it compares.

I haven't tried it. It's sold out everywhere online.

This looks impossible to find.

The sell it on their own site but don't buy it as it will be double the price. Definitely buy it though as I know you will be amazed by it. I know guys who were buying it from other sites a year ago but not sure where they got it and if it's still available on those sites.

Holy fuck! I don't even take pre-workout, and Elvia Yates got me reading his gargantuan of a list of reviews.

I haven't tried it. It's sold out everywhere online.

I only ever used the old formula but they added I think teacrine to it and it was suppose to be better but I never used. I will pm you as I have found it but I think it's the old formula. EDIT... being stupid. It was years ago when I used that 1 product but I included it (because it was so good and still available) in my list even though the rest are ones I used after creating my pre workout thread. They will all be new batches so they will all be the new formula.

Last edited:
Olympia expo this weekend.

Will be interesting to try some new ones.

Hoping to get my hands on some good non stim products.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

WTF.

How can a single person know this much about pre-workouts?
That's why I asked! I've seen his photo stash before and it just blew my mind.

Elvia......I think I am going to try the Full as Fuck. That one sounds like it would fit me pretty well taking it, and then having my coffee on my drive in to the gym.

One thing I have been doing is mixing 2 tblps of unsweetened cacao powder into my coffee before my work out as I read that it improves focus....I think it has theanine in it.

That has worked surprisingly well, but it seems that this product would cover the "pump" that I'm also looking for.

Thanks for the updates!!!

That's why I asked! I've seen his photo stash before and it just blew my mind.

Elvia......I think I am going to try the Full as Fuck. That one sounds like it would fit me pretty well taking it, and then having my coffee on my drive in to the gym.

One thing I have been doing is mixing 2 tblps of unsweetened cacao powder into my coffee before my work out as I read that it improves focus....I think it has theanine in it.

That has worked surprisingly well, but it seems that this product would cover the "pump" that I'm also looking for.

Thanks for the updates!!!

Yes do that as it sounds like a great plan for you. Have the FAF approx 30 mins before the gym and on an relatively empty stomach if you can. Basically don't eat and have it just after as it will effect it's performance. Carry on with the coffee and cacao too. Teacrine is worth looking into as well.

The sell it on their own site but don't buy it as it will be double the price. Definitely buy it though as I know you will be amazed by it. I know guys who were buying it from other sites a year ago but not sure where they got it and if it's still available on those sites.

Looks like you can't even get it from their site anymore. I've used in the past and I agree with you, it's great (GSN's NitroNOX Pro) and would like to use it again. Looks like GSN hasn't been active on social media for a few months too. Looks like they aren't around anymore.

Looks like you can't even get it from their site anymore. I've used in the past and I agree with you, it's great (GSN's NitroNOX Pro) and would like to use it again. Looks like GSN hasn't been active on social media for a few months too. Looks like they aren't around anymore.

Yeah it looks that way. I clicked to add one to the shopping cart and it just went off. I tried to contact them and it stated the site is under construction and will be back soon. Perhaps they have stopped completely. It's been years since I was last in contact with them. Hyphy Mud 2.0 is amazing if you haven't tried that one.

Yeah it looks that way. I clicked to add one to the shopping cart and it just went off. I tried to contact them and it stated the site is under construction and will be back soon. Perhaps they have stopped completely. It's been years since I was last in contact with them. Hyphy Mud 2.0 is amazing if you haven't tried that one.

Hypha Mud sounds like something you'd pull out of your ass!
And is 2.0 like going number 2💩 Dropping a deuce.

Does the Mud have all the pump aids that the GSN product has, or just loads of stimulants?

Elvia is our resident preworkout connoisseur. 🦀

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420