over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ephedra Availability

Smiler51

Newbies
Hey guys,

is it correct that it is legal again to buy ephedra sinica (Ma Huang) products if you live in any state except California? I saw that it is easy and legal to get Ephedrine HCL, but it is always mixed with something. Do any of the sponsors carry ephedra? I know that Tyrone sells an ECA stack but i would like to find just ephedra by itself. Just PM me if it is against the board rules to openly post it. Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Smiler51

I don't think so.

I had read this on a couple of other forums and it never dawned on me to go to the FDAs website. Anyway, this is the most recent info I found:

**broken link removed**

It looks like it is still banned. I don't know if that was Internet rumor or if there is some action that actually happened. All I know is when i heard about the ban I bought as much Ripped fuel as possible. Lasted me about 2 years.

there are several US commericial sources of Ephedra products

FDA is ok yet but states can prohibit.

They can ship to California, however, they cannot ship to the following states: Idaho, Nebraska, Texas, Washington State, Arkansas, Tennessee, Ohio, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Oregon.

Google for sites or PM me for a good source. Mods please let me know if this is less than cool.

Regards hwood

It's banned in the U.S.

But all banned substances have sources.

its not banned in the us. I can go to any gas station, wal mart, wal greens, and any other convinience store and buy it cheap and legal.

What product?

What's the name of the product you bought?

vasopro, bronkaid, ephedrine plus, primatene tabs, mini-thin, all cheap otc ephedrine products.

"I saw that it is easy and legal to get Ephedrine HCL, but it is always mixed with something."

it is mixed with guafanistene (sp?) the active in robitussin

doesn't negate the effects, but makes you hock a mean lugie

Ah yes,

vasopro, bronkaid, ephedrine plus, primatene tabs, mini-thin, all cheap otc ephedrine products.

Ephedrine HCL, the OTC loophole. It is ephedrine's little brother regulated as an otc med. You will not see ephedrine or ephedra which are still banned from dietary supplements. Nor will you see it marketed as a weight-loss supplement but for respiratory problems.

I contacted Tyrone yesterday, still waiting for an answer. Hoping to start after the 4th.

Ephedrine Hcl is the the same as what's been around forever. Very potent. Its has always been sold as hydrochloride or sulfate. Once again, ephedrine is NOT banned in the united states. Specific states can make their own ruling on this, but as a country it is perfectly legal. It has been marketed for asthma since the 30's. Doesn't change its potency. How exactly does the hcl make it any different?

Hey guys,

thanks for all the info. I know that the Ephedrine HCL version is easily available at gas stations. I was looking for the Ma Huang (Natural Ephedra version) which I can't find anywhere. I need to send it outside the country and can't do it with the synthetic version.

I will PM you Tyrone.

Take care
Smiler51

Ephedrine Hcl is the the same as what's been around forever. Very potent. Its has always been sold as hydrochloride or sulfate. Once again, ephedrine is NOT banned in the united states. Specific states can make their own ruling on this, but as a country it is perfectly legal. It has been marketed for asthma since the 30's. Doesn't change its potency. How exactly does the hcl make it any different?

Ephedrine HCL is a synthetic of the ephedra alkaloids. Ephedrine is the actual alkaloids. Their potencies are different, 20mg of ephedrine HCL is note the same as 20mg of ephedrine and this can be either less or more.

I have not read those product boxes but I guarantee you none of them list ephedrine without those three letters at the end. I can also guarantee you that none of them say anything about enhancing weight loss or dietary supplement in any shape or form. The all probably something about asthma or respiratory issues or bronchilator, blah blah blah.

Ephedrine is banned and it is listed on the FDA website, you can read the ruling for yourself. This is at a federal level. A ruling at the federal level means ALL states comply, that is the point of a federal ruling. There is not a federal ruling where a state doesn't have to comply, that is the very definition of a federal law. Even if a state has a conflicting law, the federal law trumps it.

Ephedrine HCL is the same as it has always been, no argument there, but they are two different substances. E-HCL is regulated and "straight" ephedrine is banned.

Anyone can read the ruling here:

**broken link removed**

Anyway, it looks the OP has his answer. If you want to continue this in PM I'm more than willing.

Peace

Last edited:
I made some caps with raw ephedra from some powder from beyond a century a long time ago. It kicked the hell out of the otc, gas station, vasapro stuff.

I really! really! miss Extreme Ripped Force the drink, when it had ephedra! :(

Ephedrine Hcl is not banned here and never was.
Ephedra (herbal was) and has been reversed provided that only 10mg per dose is not exceeded. (versus 25mg previously)

However, Ma Huang (The chinese herb containing ephedra alkaloids) is now considered a drug in China and Chinese exporters need a special export license for it. I am sure it's still being manufacturered however due to this regulation in China is is no longer cost effective. I've looked high and low and never found any Chinese exporter willing to sell it or even price it.

What I did find and received countless samples of is Sida Cordifolia (Ma Huangs Indian cousin) and let me tell you. With 8% Chinese Mahuang I could take 300mg and be buzzing. I've taken 2500 mg of Indian Sida Cordifolia with no noticable effects (This is out of 2 dozen samples received from 2 dozen suppliers.) It's not the same, even when it was stated having 8% ephedra alkaloids).

The raw material for the old Ma Huang was dark and rich almost like coffee. ALL samples of the Indian versions of Sida Cordifolia I've seen have been much lighter brown void of the distiguished smell of MaHuang.

ALL products claiming to have herbal ephedra has Indian Sida Cordifolia (even if it says Ma Huang on the label) Manufacturers call it Ma Huang because it's a known name.

This isn't to say Sida Cordifolia is in effective. But since now only 10mg is legally allowed, combined with the fact that 10mg Sida Cordifolia doesn't equal 10mg of Ma Huang, it's not like you can ddouble up on the dose for the same kick.

There may be sources of true Chinese Mahuang out there (I doubt it) or there may be better sources of Sida Cordifolia out there than I've run across (I doubt it).

10mg banned as well.

10mg was a dosage used in a case against the ban that the govt has no evidence that 10mg is harmful. However the case didn't provide any reversal. What it provided was a "stay" because it had to be tried, but that is no longer the case.

**broken link removed**

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity