over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ephedra/Baseball

JDog

Registered
**broken link removed**

If someone already posted, sorry. Found it interesting though.

Personally I think it's blown way out of proportion! If I remember correctly there were also a few deaths linked to creatine. There was a U of M wrestler that was trying to lose weight while taking creatine. Anyone that knows wrestling knows that these guys go through some wild stuff to lose and maintain weight. Basically he OVER-Dehydrated himself, doesn't seem possible but it was. At first they fought against it hard and finally came to the conclusion that the ways in which he lived his life was the cause of the death. I feel that it's the same with all of these ephedra cases. There are certain things that you can do to prevent side effects, but if your not RESPONSIBLE enough to know this than you should stay away from the product. Why do we need some group governing over society. I don't have someone at home telling me not to stick my finger in a light socket, because I know better.

He was listed at 6'2 and 250 and was probably 15lbs heavier. Okay not we got a fat fuck baseball player and I wont even speculate what OTHER shit he was consuming. Obviously wasnt too smart about his diet either. Oh and if you research the guy a bit interestingly how high his liver enzymes were. I wonder what else he was doing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Probably nothing, he's just a VICTIM of ephedra. Yea right.

Okay 6'2 265 AND:
a history of borderline high blood pressure;

liver abnormalities detected two years ago but not diagnosed;

warm, humid weather during the workout when he became ill Sunday;

he was on a diet and hadn't eaten much solid food the previous two days

Sure blame ephedra.

Just as I (and probably many others) said from the get-go:
The govt is now getting involved. Richard Durbin (d-IL) and the imfamous fucking John Sweenety (r-NY) are trying to pass an IMMEDIATE ban on Ephedrine. Remember Sweeney from the prohormone bill? Someone needs to put this guy on the spot and
check his credentials as far as sports medecine is concerned. As we all know-he surely has zero education in the field. Just jumping on the fucking bandwagon again. HELP! Ive written him before without response. :mad:

I saw on Sportcenter last night that Becler's family is going to sue the company that made the ephedra (not sure which brand he was using, although I think it might have been Xenedrine).
I'm not a big fan of ephedra, but man, if they sued Cytodene it would be a huge issue. I think Xenedrine is used by more NON-bber's than not. The fatties and mainstream folks tend to love Red Bull and Xenedrine. If I'm not mistaken, most Ephedra products have a warning on the bottle; but then again, this is America---you can sue someone if they look at you cross-eyed.....should be interesting.....

Dr.S.........

JDog said:
**broken link removed**

If someone already posted, sorry. Found it interesting though.

I just now read the info from the link---all i can say is Unbelievable!

I feel bad, because the guy is dead, but how can a professional athlete be so foolish!? He hadn't eaten for 1-2 days, and was severely dehydrated. Hell, even if the guy had been at a decent weight and been in perfect health he might have collapsed. Going a whole day without eating can make you dizzy as it is, but he went out doing wind sprints and such (and didn't drink water!) What was this guy thinking?

If anything, Bechler should be used as an example of what athletes should NOT do. Ephedra should not even be an issue. Everyone wants to give this guy an "out", but the fact is that he was just a dumb-ass. Some people who try the things he tried are lucky; Bechler was not lucky

If his family does sue, I hope the defendants counter-sue for lawyer's fee's (and whatever else they can get, too).....

Dr.S..........

How about this one

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A leading senator took the Bush Administration to task Wednesday for its failure to act on the potentially dangerous food supplement ephedra.

"Today I am asking the Secretary of Health and Human Services to determine whether the dietary supplement ephedra poses an 'imminent hazard' to the public's health, and if so, use his authority to suspend sales of the product in the U.S. until we can ensure that it is safe," said Sen. Richard J. Durbin, chairman of the Senate Governmental Affairs Committee's oversight panel.

"This is a strong step, but one that must be taken if we are serious about protecting the health and well-being of our citizens," the Illinois Democrat said.

Every politico in the world is taking on ephedra, there is even a lawyer who specializes in trying to ban ephedra and a society against the abuse.

The trouble is that the public can only digest the information fed to them, i guess the industry is lying low waiting for this to blow over, I certainly don't see any spokespeople defending the product at the moment.

Boing "the English_Bulldog"

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner