over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ephedrine being accused for traing camp DEATH of baseball player

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
ORIOLES pitching prospect died Monday of heat stroke and temp reached 108% they are doing an autopsy to see if it was caused by ephdrine as a bottle was found in his locker and they are trying to say ephdrine cause heart attacks and heat stroke. please let your damn players get more water brakes. i dont see ephdrine causing a 10 degree increase in temp. now my grandma is on my case as she gave me the article from the sports page.

Nothing like jumping to conclusions. Guarantee we won't hear anything once its is proven not to have been a contributing factor. Freakin rediculous!

shit 5 min after i wrote this i was watching NBC and they announced what happened doesnt matter if they prove it was or not now the whole country is watching that news program to see whats going on with the war.

**broken link removed**

Autopsy cites ephedrine, liver problem, hypertension

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (CNN) -- The fatal heat stroke that killed a Baltimore Orioles pitching prospect was brought on by hypertension, a liver problem, a diet and the use of a weight-reduction supplement containing ephedrine, according to a preliminary investigation.

"All those factors converged together and resulted in the fatal heat stroke," Broward County medical examiner Dr. Joshua Perper told reporters.

Perper performed an autopsy Tuesday morning on Steve Bechler, a 23-year-old right-hander who died Monday, less than 24 hours after collapsing during spring training. He was the first professional baseball player ever to die of heat stroke.

The Food and Drug Administration has examined the safety of over-the-counter dietary supplements containing ephedrine for several years. In October 2002, Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson ordered the FDA to recommend the strongest possible mandatory warning labels on ephedra products and to continue to evaluate their safety.

Suffolk County, N.Y., in recent weeks passed legislation banning the ephedrine-containing supplements in its county.

Another chance for everybody who has never used it to jump on the bandwagon and get this banned, sooner or later it will be a schedule 3 drug just like juice.

Hopefully all the supp companies can get their high paid lobbyists to put up enough of a blockade for this.

I just don't understand how a pro athlete can get to a point like this and how much ephedrine plus heat plus exercise do you have to do to get to 108 Deg, I mean he is just throwing a ball right

Boing "the English_Bulldog"

boing said:
I mean he is just throwing a ball right

They just dont "throw a ball", pitchers get nailed pretty good with intense cardio, lots of pick ups, wind sprints, and LONG distance runs, plus various other drills that really get the heart goin... Its not a good idea to go into spring training out of shape, when the coach's see that you are out of shape, you get hit even harder with even more intense workout sessions, and i am guessin that was probably the case here because seems like i remember it being reported that his coach said he came in out of shape...

mike

I had no idea that they did all that, my exposure to spring training is just the 30 sec clip on ESPN where they are lobbing a ball back and forth.

Since when are autopsy results citing liver toxicity and drug levels in the blood available that quick? I think not. Not even Grisam on CSI is that fast!

Here are the questions that should be asked:

Would the guy possibly have suffered this tragedy if he had all those health problems (in addition to the fact he was overweight and out of shape)? Answer-yes its possible.

Next question:

Would the guy have died if he just took the ephedrine but none of the other factors were present? Honest answer-NO.

Theres the defense in a nutshell. :mad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner