over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Epistane or proviron?

My elbows did not like the real epi. Made everything dry tight and creaky

I still have some old M-drol (superdrol). I run it occasionally but it always makes me super sleepy and feel awful on it. It works amazing but has a lot of sides.
Superdrol is wildly strong. IMO running it very low for 4 weeks is the best way to take advantage of it.

Superdrol is wildly strong. IMO running it very low for 4 weeks is the best way to take advantage of it.
I do run it low dose at times. I'll split 1 cap into twice daily and taper up to 1 cap twice daily. I get strong fast but its wet gains mostly. I like (at my age) dry gains and not to be exhausted on the compound.

I use epistane to poison my neighbor's other cat.

Epistane (2α,3α-epithio-17α-methyl-5α-androstan-17β-ol; 2α,3α-epithio-17α-methyl-5α-etioallocholan-17β-ol; 17α-methylepithiostanol; Methepitiostane; Havoc; Epi-Strong) is a product of the Designer Steroid Era, a potently hepatoxic orally active compound, but would be highly efficacious as an anti-estrogen agent, as its non-methylated counterpart (epitiostanol) is used clinically in Japan for treatment-resistant, relapsing stage IV metastatic breast cancer, as a form of alternative endocrinotherapy. In fact, it was demonstrated that epitiostanol (20mg) was more efficacious than Masteron (50mg) in treatment of male gynecomastia... its proposed mechanism is that it modulates estrogenic action at the target organ (cellular) level rather than by suppression of gonadotropin secretion.

Proviron is effective, as pickapeck says, as a mild hardening/drying compound. Some use it for libido benefits. It lowers SHBG. Some contraindications are that it (metabolism-dependent) may block Δ5 pathway of T synthesis ↑DHEA supply from [adrenal] DHEA pool for T synthesis in some individuals. It has a notable withdrawal effect upon cessation in these individuals. It is a mild anabolic, whereas epistane is potent (indeed, Epistane's Hershberger Assay results give it a remarkable anabolic/androgenic ratio of 1,100/91). Proviron is not potently hepatotoxic.

How did you arrive at the choice of these two particular compounds for your proposed use, may I ask? I am intrigued by the basic chemistry that ties the two together: their close structural relationship to 5α-DHT. So many throw around the term "DHT derivative," but these are characterized on the one hand, with Epistane, by the replacement of the 3-keto with 2,3 alpha-epithio (a sulphur atom spanning C2 and C3), versus Proviron being 1α-methyl-DHT.

Don't be led astray by their analogous features to (5α-)dihydrotestosterone, though; these compounds are remarkably different in their metabolism which is what really matters. For example, Proviron metabolizes in vivo partly to desoxymethyltestosterone (Madol), a highly dissimilar and highly potent androgen known for causing rage. Really, the grouping of these two as "DHT derivatives" highlights the pitfalls of relying on such simple classifications.
Hi there,
I‘d like to know if the 17a alkylation of epistane doesn‘t change the whole behaviour of the comound? Or will there still be an anti estrogenic effect ?
Superdrol is called methylated masteron … But they behave quit different.

your insight is kindly appreciated!

Hi there,
I‘d like to know if the 17a alkylation of epistane doesn‘t change the whole behaviour of the comound? Or will there still be an anti estrogenic effect ?
Superdrol is called methylated masteron … But they behave quit different.

your insight is kindly appreciated!
I've thought about this too. Basically, yes, the addition of 17a-methylation absolutely does change the behavior of the compound considerably: it generally makes the compound more potent. When Epistane was very popular, it was observed anecdotally that it seemed to act as an anti-estrogen so people worked backwards/inferentially to try to explain this behavior as best they could, observing that the effect of the non-17a-methylated counterpart has this mechanism for exerting tissue-specific anti-estrogenic/anti-gynecomastic effects. Whether Epistane truly works via this mechanism attributable to epitiostanol is up for some debate due to their not being the same compound, certainly.

Personally, I believe that the attributed mechanism (modulating estrogens at the target organ level rather than via the suppression of gonadotropin secretion) is a common mechanism to several androgens (e.g., Masteron) that may be elicited or potentiated by the presence of a secondary or (as here) tertiary 17B- structure (in which case, perhaps Epistane may be viewed as a likely candidate for being an even more potent anti-gynecomastic agent than epitiostanol).

Or, perhaps not: under a more parsimonious view, we don't know without directly testing this hypothesis.

I've asked many times for a sponsor to carry Epistane.
Great recomp compound. I found it similar to Var without the vars pumps that actually hinder lifting.

For myself it's anti-estro effects were real. I don't think anything worked better for troublesome gyno

Besides US research-type sites (which is dicey at best). Only the Bottle/a from UK,(like the black/green bottle) I posted Have been real. I’ve seen a few sponsors carry in past who had a unfinished one(lol) but , not recently . Epistane is available but not anyone I know personally which means “never ever” . Until Proven. I do love my Proviron but, a different animal I hear .

Max

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner