over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EPO dosage does bodybuilders?

bigtasty25

Registered
Been in the juicing game for 20 years (competed several times) but just been on hrt for the last 6/7 with some hgh. Been looking to do a little bulking with a little extra something thrown in. Anyone know any conservative EPO protocols? Meaning on the lower end as my HCT is in the lower 40s currently. Any help much appreciated ;)

maybe odd that after 20 years of test your hct is that low?
most ppl in this for a while often have high hct simply from perma test.
test and other aas will bring it up, smoking too, so there always that... lol

i think in all aspects if one is inclined to make a post like this then epo is prob not a drug you need from performance and safety perspective.

ive seen a few posts on epo recently.
the idea behind why one might want to use it i have explored a lil bit and in the end i think there is no real reason for most to bother with epo, espcially for cosmetic reasons. not to exaggerate the danger of it, just much better ways to skin a cat, in these cases i think.

I'd rather run a little deca or up test if you really want to see your HCT go up...why you'd think running EPO is a good idea is beyond me bro.

If test/deca doesn't get your blood thicker, then you have a serious medical condition imo

As a runner, I was considering it till I got injured. Definitely an endurance drug not to be taken lightly. Its easily attainable overseas.

You’ve “been in the juicing game” lol for 20 yrs? Sounds like something a green teenager would say that knew nothing. Or someone just full of crap. If you have been in the juice game for 20yrs why In gods green fuck would you think EPO is of any benefit to a bodybuilder? Strongman maybe but bodybuilding. Don’t you know the risks involved with EPO? What’s your masterful concept contrived of? So in your 20 yrs “in the juice game” it appears your learned very little. And with that many years under your belt you should be able to get whatever you want without asking any of us because your certainly new to this forum asking questions like that guy. By looking at your blurry ass avatar pic you appear to be natural all greased up. After 20 yrs on gear you’d prob look like you were on gear for 20yrs. Just saying

You’ve “been in the juicing game” lol for 20 yrs? Sounds like something a green teenager would say that knew nothing. Or someone just full of crap. If you have been in the juice game for 20yrs why In gods green fuck would you think EPO is of any benefit to a bodybuilder? Strongman maybe but bodybuilding. Don’t you know the risks involved with EPO? What’s your masterful concept contrived of? So in your 20 yrs “in the juice game” it appears your learned very little. And with that many years under your belt you should be able to get whatever you want without asking any of us because your certainly new to this forum asking questions like that guy. By looking at your blurry ass avatar pic you appear to be natural all greased up. After 20 yrs on gear you’d prob look like you were on gear for 20yrs. Just saying

I hear what you're saying but if you think only low level bodybuilders do stupid shit and don't know the first thing about what they're shooting in their body then I disagree.
Even the so-called best gurus experiment with compounds and protocols they really know nothing about - and they don't even care to do any research before taking a new substance.
When it comes to EPO, Chad Nicholls said Dallas McCarver was doing a lot of EPO. Andreas Munzer was reportedly doing EPO 30 years ago. Milos Sarcev did EPO and they call him "The Mind" lol. And I know there have been many other top pros who used it as well. So even though you might be correct in that it's not beneficial for a bb, the idiocy is not restricted to the lower ranks and newbies.

Milos' diary. Eprex EPO.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190215-095801_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190215-095801_Instagram.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: dj
Bro two of those guys are also not with us any longer. I know of 2 guys personally that were fucking with EPO when they died young. There could be a correlation there.,I was just warning that guy of its possible dangers. Grown men do as they please. Dallas and Andreas were top ifbb pros. Making money at their job. If it’s not Possibly helping you financially Or with your career. Whether it’s worth it or not is up to the individual. Just offering my real word experiencing. Iv used epo myself during the tail end of a long football season. It took 4-5 wks of daily inj before I noticed its positive effects. Shortly after I was getting really bad headaches and I passed out several times after training got some scary ass dizzy spells And I could hardly sleep was getting crazy cold chills But I wasn’t getting tired or winded in my games. Shortly after a friend died. He actually gave me the EPO idea in the first place.

Even for endurance based sports there have been safer alternatives out for the last 10 years.

Even though it's no common, some users could have an undiagnosed blood clot disorder like me. Taking epo in that case would be really stupid.
"Approximately 5 to 8% of the U.S. population has one of several genetic risk factors, also known as inherited thrombophilias in which a genetic defect can be identified that increases the risk for thrombosis." https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/dvt/data.html

So that's up to 8 out of 100 bodybuilders. Just another factor I think about. Main risk of using EPO I believe is blood clots. Having a clotting factor on top of that would be real bad.

Most people with the disorders dont know they have it until they get their first clot.

Bro two of those guys are also not with us any longer. I know of 2 guys personally that were fucking with EPO when they died young. There could be a correlation there.,I was just warning that guy of its possible dangers. Grown men do as they please. Dallas and Andreas were top ifbb pros. Making money at their job. If it’s not Possibly helping you financially Or with your career. Whether it’s worth it or not is up to the individual. Just offering my real word experiencing. Iv used epo myself during the tail end of a long football season. It took 4-5 wks of daily inj before I noticed its positive effects. Shortly after I was getting really bad headaches and I passed out several times after training got some scary ass dizzy spells And I could hardly sleep was getting crazy cold chills But I wasn’t getting tired or winded in my games. Shortly after a friend died. He actually gave me the EPO idea in the first place.

Warning the guy about the dangers is great but you called him a moron for even asking about it. Meanwhile you yourself used it so you were no smarter. Either you knew it was dangerous and used it anyway or didn't bother to read up on it and used it anyway. Either way not much better than this fella. I'm not flaming you, I just saw a double standard.
And then, like I said, you have all these top pros and even some gurus playing with it, when on paper it appears like there shouldn't be a reason for a juicer to use it.

But that brings me to the question I put in the OP's other EPO thread. I will never use EPO but I'm curious if this compound might have some other effects apart from raising your crit. Since Dallas McCarver was using it for long periods of time, and maybe even after Chad warned him against it, it makes me think he thought it was definitely doing something "positive". I'm just curious about
different effects and possible mechanisms, I will never actually use it.

Reactions: dj
I think at most its giving bodybuilders more endurance in the gym, allowing them to do a greater volume of work. In a set where they used to get 10 reps they might be able to now get 12. They are able to push harder.

I think at most its giving bodybuilders more endurance in the gym, allowing them to do a greater volume of work. In a set where they used to get 10 reps they might be able to now get 12. They are able to push harder.

What I'm talking about is effects beyond the blood boosting effects. Like this one that just came up on a quick google search.
"Extrahematopoietic" effects such as antioxidant activity. Could have antiinflammatory effects and what have you, have not read up on it.

Attachments

• QuickScreencapture_20200315-075730.png
    QuickScreencapture_20200315-075730.png
    530.7 KB · Views: 8
IMO any beneficial effects arent great enough to balance out the risks. Most bodybuilders have trouble keeping their hematocrit down to safe levels while they are taking steroids. Add in EPO and it must double or more the risk of clots. A clot nearly killed me and we have lost at least one member here to one. It's nothing to play with. Pulmonary embolism, heart attack, or stroke. Take your pick.

IMO any beneficial effects arent great enough to balance out the risks. Most bodybuilders have trouble keeping their hematocrit down to safe levels while they are taking steroids. Add in EPO and it must double or more the risk of clots. A clot nearly killed me and we have lost at least one member here to one. It's nothing to play with. Pulmonary embolism, heart attack, or stroke. Take your pick.

It does seem risky. I'm just curious on a theoretical level whether it could help a bodybuilder and through which mechanisms. And at which doses. For example, it might reduce inflammation and increase exercise tolerance at a dosage which doesn't jack up crit. It might protect some organs in some situations and so on.
I mean you had that cycling doping doctor who said the drugs used were actually protecting the health of the athletes.

Again, I'm not saying it's healthy, just curious of possible benefits and mechanisms behind them. I didn't even know whether it did anything beyond boost crit before doing a google search, but had my suspicions. And sure enough, that's what some scientists are speculating, that the performance boost goes beyond the blood building effect.

Yeah, I understand the a academic interest. I'm curious like that too. I studied for a master's in exercise physiology but dont remember anything on EPO. My concern is displaying some benefit of EPO that is rather remote and then someone out there risks their health and life taking it.

Trevor on EA had a good video about the use of epo in bodybuilding in conjunction with hgh and insulin. Apparently it created new cells at an exponentially greater rate but was dangerous AF. This is my memory from a few years back.

It's too dangerous either way.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members