over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EPO (Erythropoietin) for increasing endurance while being a 'larger' runner

Bloxz

Registered
So I'd like to run this hormone in addition to a small weekly dose of test to see how much I can pick up on my 5k runs and medium distance swims considering the lean muscle mass I'm holding which typically doesn't lend itself well to running sub 19:00 5k times.

Has anyone here ran EPO? If so, what did your cycle look like and what did you keep your hematocrit % at to avoid getting your blood too thick? 50-55?

Also, what recommendations on Hematocrit testers for monitoring purposes?

Appreciate any input.

Last edited:
Unless your baseline hematocrit is no higher than 47, you have no thrombotic mutations, normal platelets, and normal fibrinogen, I really wouldn't risk it

And even then, I still wouldn't risk it.

I’d say you’re running at a pretty good pace man, you’re running a 5k at a 6 minute/mile pace.. What more do you want? Olympic times? Then lose a bunch of weight and pick up running as your main hobby lol...

I wouldn’t take the risk running EPO just to become a better hobbyist runner, not worth the risk in my opinion..

As someone who runs pretty often, the best way to get better at running is to run more.. Try to beat your times even if it’s only by a few seconds, try and beat your distances even if only by a block.. Little by little you’ll see the big progress..

I’d say you’re running at a pretty good pace man, you’re running a 5k at a 6 minute/mile pace.. What more do you want? Olympic times? Then lose a bunch of weight and pick up running as your main hobby lol...

I wouldn’t take the risk running EPO just to become a better hobbyist runner, not worth the risk in my opinion..

As someone who runs pretty often, the best way to get better at running is to run more.. Try to beat your times even if it’s only by a few seconds, try and beat your distances even if only by a block.. Little by little you’ll see the big progress..

Yep. Unless you are wanting to be a good sprinter, you would need to lose muscle mass to increase your times. Think of how different a sprinter looks from a long distance runner.

marathon-runners-thighs-topphysioleswearcom-sprinters-thighs-dont-skip-leg-day-21767703.png

Distance-v-sprint-e1337649843571.jpg

Last edited:
I did it years ago to help with something related to my livelihood (otherwise no way I would have done it), you really have to pull blood often and own a centerfuge to do it correctly... Also have to take just the right amount of iron--and if one is to be as safe as possible also bloodthinners such as warfarin (might be different now, this was so long ago). I saw a noticeable boost, but I am predisposed to anemia when not on hormones. If your crit is already normal, the boost isn't going to be that great. It also seemed to work best if your were peaking for an event. It is not something your run year round for shits and giggles. If you have access to constant medical monitoring and it is essential to your livelihood (and there are cases here where epo has been used, but don't all me to explain further), then I could see using it. Otherwise it just isn't worth it. I know whenever I got just a little dehydrated I would start to feel really weird.

Have you ever tried the sarm cardarine? That helps endurance allot. Also using igf1 at the right times will do it too. Both are safer options.

I would not recommend it unless you are top echelon in your 5K around the world making good money. I have not taken it myself (no interest), but those I know who have, their main problem they had was their BP shooting up. One continued to have problems after stopping it, where he never had no problems prior. He was a top powerlifter though, and took a lot of stuff for awhile.

Don't like being a Debbie Downer, but that is just my thoughts on it, though i'll admit i'm no expert with the compound.

Yep. Unless you are wanting to be a good sprinter, you would need to lose muscle mass to increase your times. Think of how different a sprinter looks from a long distance runner.

marathon-runners-thighs-topphysioleswearcom-sprinters-thighs-dont-skip-leg-day-21767703.png

Distance-v-sprint-e1337649843571.jpg

Yeah. I'd like to find the perfect in between of mass amd endurance. Not trying to look like an endurance runner as much as I can help it but, muscle mass eats o2

If you have access to constant medical monitoring , then I could see using it.

Yes, medical monitoring is available whenever needed - free.

Have you ever tried the sarm cardarine? That helps endurance allot. Also using igf1 at the right times will do it too. Both are safer options.

Never tried it.

Yes, medical monitoring is available whenever needed - free.

Gotcha. If you are in the situation I think you are in, I would skip the blood thinners completely though and not pop the crit so high. I definitely wouldn't run it long term though. I used it for a short course and then would maintain the crit by adding anabolics and/or igf after stopping the EPO. It stays elevated for a while. You do get an extremely strong anti catabolic effect when you actually are doing the shots. You can completely overtrain and recover the next day. Once you are off the shots, your performance will still be elevated ( sometimes even get better), but you don't get that weird instant recovery from when you are actually doing the shots.

Back then there was a bicycling PED sub forum on another site that had tons of good info.

Last edited:
Gotcha. If you are in the situation I think you are in, I would skip the blood thinners completely though and not pop the crit so high. I definitely wouldn't run it long term though. I used it for a short course and then would maintain the crit by adding anabolics and/or igf after stopping the EPO. It stays elevated for a while. You do get an extremely strong anti catabolic effect when you actually are doing the shots. You can completely overtrain and recover the next day. Once you are off the shots, your performance will still be elevated ( sometimes even get better), but you don't get that weird instant recovery from when you are actually doing the shots.

Back then there was a bicycling PED sub forum on another site that had tons of good info.

Shoot me a PM if you can. Says your inbox is full.

Soo I just listened to the top gurus that have been coaching athletes with PEDs in all aspects of sport for 30 plus years.

By you asking the question they way you did you have not done enough research on the “small amount of testosterone “ that you are taking let alone epo.

I’m not one of these guys that is going to get on here and disrespect you and talk down to you but please listen. There is no magical substance that’s going to make you elite. It sounds like You have not master you sport let alone trying to attemp in making that extra 2-10% PEDs would give you. If I were you this is what would make you times get incredibly better

1. Dial your nutrition down even pre DURING and post BUT in you sport there is so much wrong information on nutrition it is ridiculous. Race are won with your nutrient map out months before the actual race.( most runners who aren’t elite has terrible body’s for how much they burn and there’s a reason for that. Yes they can run circles around me but they could be way better runner if they were actually pound for pound athletes)

2. Work with someone who is an expert in the sport, every step counts, and if you can’t afford one get online and I’m sure they have programs that you can buy BUT AGAIN you are responsible for you train intensity. If you need someone to scream in you face find a running partner. Maybe a few coaching lessons a week will be that much better for you.

3. Runner are tipically (like many other sport) that frowne upon building muscle because of weight gain in any way. I will guarantee that if you are in the gym building you whole body and adding pure tissue it will take you running to the next level. The benefits for adding muscle in the right context is a game changer. The benefits of weight train even in your sport I don’t need to list them out because there is a reason your on this site.

Last if you are actually at that of a competition level which doesn’t make sense why you would be asking these quest you would most definitely be getting drug tested. So with that said if you just want to blow by your friends here’s some advice but I’m far from a doctor and you should have all this prescribed by a doctor.

Your trt test
Light anabolic that will not add more than 2-5 lbs weight only strength. ONLY IN A OFF SEASON BLOCK!!!!
Hgh 2 units Before bed , 1 unit before a workout sub q with no food in system , and possibly 1unit upon wakening or post workout after your post meal has cleared that IM, with no food in the system.
Epo is not prescribed in any country I know of so no dosing here. BUT YOU NEED BLOOD WORK every month if you fuck with it. The reason I was harsh in the beginning is that testosterone it’s self raises RBCs and you should know that.

Last edited:
Soo I just listened to the top gurus that have been coaching athletes with PEDs in all aspects of sport for 30 plus years.

By you asking the question they way you did you have not done enough research on the “small amount of testosterone “ that you are taking let alone epo.

I’m not one of these guys that is going to get on here and disrespect you and talk down to you but please listen. There is no magical substance that’s going to make you elite. It sounds like You have not master you sport let alone trying to attemp in making that extra 2-10% PEDs would give you. If I were you this is what would make you times get incredibly better

1. Dial your nutrition down even pre DURING and post BUT in you sport there is so much wrong information on nutrition it is ridiculous. Race are won with your nutrient map out months before the actual race.( most runners who aren’t elite has terrible body’s for how much they burn and there’s a reason for that. Yes they can run circles around me but they could be way better runner if they were actually pound for pound athletes)

2. Work with someone who is an expert in the sport, every step counts, and if you can’t afford one get online and I’m sure they have programs that you can buy BUT AGAIN you are responsible for you train intensity. If you need someone to scream in you face find a running partner. Maybe a few coaching lessons a week will be that much better for you.

3. Runner are tipically (like many other sport) that frowne upon building muscle because of weight gain in any way. I will guarantee that if you are in the gym building you whole body and adding pure tissue it will take you running to the next level. The benefits for adding muscle in the right context is a game changer. The benefits of weight train even in your sport I don’t need to list them out because there is a reason your on this site.

Last if you are actually at that of a competition level which doesn’t make sense why you would be asking these quest you would most definitely be getting drug tested. So with that said if you just want to blow by your friends here’s some advice but I’m far from a doctor and you should have all this prescribed by a doctor.

Your trt test
Light anabolic that will not add more than 2-5 lbs weight only strength. ONLY IN A OFF SEASON BLOCK!!!!
Hgh 2 units Before bed , 1 unit before a workout sub q with no food in system , and possibly 1unit upon wakening or post workout after your post meal has cleared that IM, with no food in the system.
Epo is not prescribed in any country I know of so no dosing here. BUT YOU NEED BLOOD WORK every month if you fuck with it. The reason I was harsh in the beginning is that testosterone it’s self raises RBCs and you should know that.

Interesting response.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner