over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Estradiol

whacked

Registered
Little help please.
Thanks in advance

Ran some bloodwork as I had concerns about the AI I’m using.

I’m only on TRT but need low dose AI to keep estrogen in range.

Estrogen, Total, Serum = Normal
120.8 (60-190)

Estradiol, Serum = Normal
<.10 (normal is <.18)

Estradiol = HIGH
78 (normal is <39)

If my AI is bunk or weak, shouldn’t my total Estrogen be off?

Thanks

Yes. Liquid version

I been using 25mg per week of Aromasin for many years. Split into 2 doses of 12.5mg each.

Ran out of Pharma. Tried research version. Same dose of 12.5mg twice per week.

I always test bloods on Wednesdays only to ensue consistent results.

No reason to be using liquid research chems at this day in age. Plenty of pharm grade ancillaries available out there.

Little help please.
Thanks in advance

Ran some bloodwork as I had concerns about the AI I’m using.

I’m only on TRT but need low dose AI to keep estrogen in range.

Estrogen, Total, Serum = Normal
120.8 (60-190)

Estradiol, Serum = Normal
<.10 (normal is <.18)

Estradiol = HIGH
78 (normal is <39)

If my AI is bunk or weak, shouldn’t my total Estrogen be off?

Thanks
That's high E2 for TRT doses. Definitely try another AI. But still just remember, you can have high estradiol (the primary estrogen from aromatization) and still be within normal total estrogen range.

Similar to the way you could have high LDL and still be within total cholesterol range.

That's high E2 for TRT doses. Definitely try another AI. But still just remember, you can have high estradiol (the primary estrogen from aromatization) and still be within normal total estrogen range.

Similar to the way you could have high LDL and still be within total cholesterol range.

Thanks OTH. Still trying to wrap my head around this though.

If my main estrogen number is in range, does it matter if estradiol is not?

I am assuming I do need to address this and if so, wouldn’t adding a legit AI back in the mix to lower estradiol to normal levels, drop my overall estrogen too low?

Such a weird ordeal lol

Thanks

Thanks OTH. Still trying to wrap my head around this though.

If my main estrogen number is in range, does it matter if estradiol is not?

I am assuming I do need to address this and if so, wouldn’t adding a legit AI back in the mix to lower estradiol to normal levels, drop my overall estrogen too low?

Such a weird ordeal lol

Thanks
That's why I suggested another brand Aromasin or maybe raloxifene or tamoxifen. I assumed you were having estrogen related side effects. I've been in the high 50s and felt fine. But I was probably on much higher androgens than you are on with TRT and thus a better T/E ratio. If you're experiencing infertility, ED, gyno, then lower it.

Depends on you. If all your other numbers are fine and you feel fine, it may be unnecessary to do anything. But long-term (as with TRT) you want to get it closer to normal range. On the other hand, go too hard on the AIs and drop it 60 or 70 points and then you'd be low.

So with estrogen sides, tamoxifen or very light Aromasin.
If no sides, maybe wait until next bloodwork.

I also wonder what your bf% is. If it's over 16, 17%, and you're adding in trt, can actually increase estrogen even more

That's why I suggested another brand Aromasin or maybe raloxifene or tamoxifen. I assumed you were having estrogen related side effects. I've been in the high 50s and felt fine. But I was probably on much higher androgens than you are on with TRT and thus a better T/E ratio. If you're experiencing infertility, ED, gyno, then lower it.

Depends on you. If all your other numbers are fine and you feel fine, it may be unnecessary to do anything. But long-term (as with TRT) you want to get it closer to normal range. On the other hand, go too hard on the AIs and drop it 60 or 70 points and then you'd be low.

So with estrogen sides, tamoxifen or very light Aromasin.
If no sides, maybe wait until next bloodwork.

Yeah. Agreed. I feel “off”. Just hard to explain. Regardless. I just need to get back on Pharma and retest.
Thank you

I also wonder what your bf% is. If it's over 16, 17%, and you're adding in trt, can actually increase estrogen even more

Good point but I’m probably 12% at the moment which is pretty average for me as I hover between 9/10 - 12/13% year round. I don’t feel well over that and I don’t carry it well either lol. Thank

How often do you inject? Spreading out your TRT dose more frequently is supposed to lower estrogen. Many members have been able to go without an AI with daily TRT dosing.

I would try a different brand of aromasin and stick to the same dose and get retested after 6 weeks usage and go from there. If your levels are still the same (very much doubt it) then up your dose. 25mg per week is not a lot but if it's been enough in the past you know it's your current aromasin. You may need to go with 12.5mg EOD and see how that treats you and adjust after additional blood work. I wouldn't use tamoxifen as that should increase your estradiol level over time.

I would try a different brand of aromasin and stick to the same dose and get retested after 6 weeks usage and go from there. If your levels are still the same (very much doubt it) then up your dose. 25mg per week is not a lot but if it's been enough in the past you know it's your current aromasin. You may need to go with 12.5mg EOD and see how that treats you and adjust after additional blood work. I wouldn't use tamoxifen as that should increase your estradiol level over time.
Yup. I even break the Aromasin into quarters sometimes. It really will wipe out your aromatase and thus estrogen very effectively. If there is a downside, it would be that it dings my HDL. Not horribly though.

Interesting, I didn't know tamoxifen could raise levels. I haven't taken it for more than 3 or 4 weeks. No wonder the stuff wipes out my sex drive. Have tried raloxifene? I've been meaning to try it.

Would you believe me if I told you that taking Aromasin and nothing else, my test levels increase by a big margin. 25, 30% ? Seriously.

Edit: meant "3 or 4 weeks at a time".

Last edited:
Yup. I even break the Aromasin into quarters sometimes. It really will wipe out your aromatase and thus estrogen very effectively. If there is a downside, it would be that it dings my HDL. Not horribly though.

Interesting, I didn't know tamoxifen could raise levels. I haven't taken it for more than 3 or 4 weeks. No wonder the stuff wipes out my sex drive. Have tried raloxifene? I've been meaning to try it.

Would you believe me if I told you that taking Aromasin and nothing else, my test levels increase by a big margin. 25, 30% ? Seriously.

I would definitely believe that. No I haven't tried raloxifene but perhaps I should. I have always done so well using the basics (exemestane and tamoxifen) so I have never really needed to. The one benefit of tamoxifen is HDL and that is the one blood marker I struggle with so part of the reason I use tamoxifen more than anything else AI or SERM wise.

Pharmacokinetics and Dose Finding of a Potent Aromatase Inhibitor, Aromasin (Exemestane), in Young Males​

Nelly Mauras, John Lima, Deval Patel, Annie Rini, Enrico di Salle, Ambrose Kwok, Barbara Lippe
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 88, Issue 12, 1 December 2003, Pages 5951–5956, https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2003-031279

Abstract​

Suppression of estrogen, via estrogen receptor or aromatase blockade, is being investigated in the treatment of different conditions. Exemestane (Aromasin) is a potent and selective irreversible aromatase inhibitor. To characterize its suppression of estrogen and its pharmacokinetic (PK) properties in males, healthy eugonadal subjects (14–26 yr of age) were recruited. In a cross-over study, 12 were randomly assigned to 25 and 50 mg exemestane daily, orally, for 10 d with a 14-d washout period. Blood was withdrawn before and 24 h after the last dose of each treatment period. A PK study was performed (n = 10) using a 25-mg dose. Exemestane suppressed plasma estradiol comparably with either dose [25 mg, 38% (P ≤ 0.002); 50 mg, 32% (P ≤ 0.008)], with a reciprocal increase in testosterone concentrations (60% and 56%; P ≤ 0.003 for both). Plasma lipids and IGF-I concentrations were unaffected by treatment. The PK properties of the 25-mg dose showed the highest exemestane concentrations 1 h after administration, indicating rapid absorption. The terminal half-life was 8.9 h. Maximal estradiol suppression of 62 ± 14% was observed at 12 h. The drug was well tolerated. In conclusion, exemestane is a potent aromatase inhibitor in men and an alternative to the choice of available inhibitors. Long-term efficacy and safety will need further study.

The above study was only small but I found it interesting that 50mg aromasin daily was no different (strangely less effective) to 25mg. Moreover, there was only a 38% and 32% reduction in estradiol from 25-50mg daily aromasin which shows it won't wipe out your levels even at higher doses.

Hormonal effects of an antiestrogen, tamoxifen, in normal and oligospermic men​

A Vermeulen, F Comhaire

Abstract​

The administration of tamoxifen, 20 mg/day for 10 days, to normal males produced a moderate increase in luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone, and estradiol levels, comparable to the effect of 150 mg of clomiphene citrate (Clomid). However, whereas Clomid produced a decrease in the LH response to LH-releasing hormone (LHRH), no such effect was seen after the administration of tamoxifen. In fact, prolonged treatment (6 weeks) with tamoxifen significantly increased the LH response to LHRL. Treatment of patients with "idiopathic" oligospermia for 6 to 9 months resulted in a significant increase in gonadotropin, testosterone, and estradiol levels. A significant increase in sperm density was observed only in subjects with oligospermia below 20 X 10(6)/ml and normal basal FSH levels. When basal FSH levels were increased or oligospermia was moderate (greater than 20 X 10(6)/ml); no effect on sperm density was seen. As sperm density increased, FSH levels decreased, suggesting an inhibin effect. Sperm motility was not improved by tamoxifen treatment. In five boys with delayed puberty, tamoxifen treatment appeared to activate the pituitary-gonadal axis and pubertal development.

[Treatment of marked gynecomastia in puberty with tamoxifen]​

[Article in German]
R König 1, W Schönberger, P Neumann, P Benes, W Grimm
Affiliations expand

Abstract​

Based on the good results of another author 10 boys with marked pubertal gynecomastia were treated with the antioestrogen Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) at a dose of 20-40 mg/d orally for 2-12 months. In most cases the gynecomastia decreased totally, only two patients experienced palpable subareolar glandular tissue at the end of therapy. Side effects were not noted. During therapy levels of estradiol and testosteron increased, with a more pronounced elevation of estradiol. Basal values of LH and FSH remained nearly unchanged, but LH showed an increased response to LH-RH, which could be explained by the antioestrogenic effect of Tamoxifen at the hypothalamic level. The reduction of breast size in spite of increased estradiol levels on the other hand, suggests that the mean therapeutic effect of tamoxifen is through estrogen receptor blockade of breast tissue.

Similar articles​

I would definitely believe that. No I haven't tried raloxifene but perhaps I should. I have always done so well using the basics (exemestane and tamoxifen) so I have never really needed to. The one benefit of tamoxifen is HDL and that is the one blood marker I struggle with so part of the reason I use tamoxifen more than anything else AI or SERM wise.

Pharmacokinetics and Dose Finding of a Potent Aromatase Inhibitor, Aromasin (Exemestane), in Young Males​

Nelly Mauras, John Lima, Deval Patel, Annie Rini, Enrico di Salle, Ambrose Kwok, Barbara Lippe
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 88, Issue 12, 1 December 2003, Pages 5951–5956, https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2003-031279

Abstract​

Suppression of estrogen, via estrogen receptor or aromatase blockade, is being investigated in the treatment of different conditions. Exemestane (Aromasin) is a potent and selective irreversible aromatase inhibitor. To characterize its suppression of estrogen and its pharmacokinetic (PK) properties in males, healthy eugonadal subjects (14–26 yr of age) were recruited. In a cross-over study, 12 were randomly assigned to 25 and 50 mg exemestane daily, orally, for 10 d with a 14-d washout period. Blood was withdrawn before and 24 h after the last dose of each treatment period. A PK study was performed (n = 10) using a 25-mg dose. Exemestane suppressed plasma estradiol comparably with either dose [25 mg, 38% (P ≤ 0.002); 50 mg, 32% (P ≤ 0.008)], with a reciprocal increase in testosterone concentrations (60% and 56%; P ≤ 0.003 for both). Plasma lipids and IGF-I concentrations were unaffected by treatment. The PK properties of the 25-mg dose showed the highest exemestane concentrations 1 h after administration, indicating rapid absorption. The terminal half-life was 8.9 h. Maximal estradiol suppression of 62 ± 14% was observed at 12 h. The drug was well tolerated. In conclusion, exemestane is a potent aromatase inhibitor in men and an alternative to the choice of available inhibitors. Long-term efficacy and safety will need further study.

The above study was only small but I found it interesting that 50mg aromasin daily was no different (strangely less effective) to 25mg. Moreover, there was only a 38% and 32% reduction in estradiol from 25-50mg daily aromasin which shows it won't wipe out your levels even at higher doses.

Hormonal effects of an antiestrogen, tamoxifen, in normal and oligospermic men​

A Vermeulen, F Comhaire

Abstract​

The administration of tamoxifen, 20 mg/day for 10 days, to normal males produced a moderate increase in luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone, and estradiol levels, comparable to the effect of 150 mg of clomiphene citrate (Clomid). However, whereas Clomid produced a decrease in the LH response to LH-releasing hormone (LHRH), no such effect was seen after the administration of tamoxifen. In fact, prolonged treatment (6 weeks) with tamoxifen significantly increased the LH response to LHRL. Treatment of patients with "idiopathic" oligospermia for 6 to 9 months resulted in a significant increase in gonadotropin, testosterone, and estradiol levels. A significant increase in sperm density was observed only in subjects with oligospermia below 20 X 10(6)/ml and normal basal FSH levels. When basal FSH levels were increased or oligospermia was moderate (greater than 20 X 10(6)/ml); no effect on sperm density was seen. As sperm density increased, FSH levels decreased, suggesting an inhibin effect. Sperm motility was not improved by tamoxifen treatment. In five boys with delayed puberty, tamoxifen treatment appeared to activate the pituitary-gonadal axis and pubertal development.

[Treatment of marked gynecomastia in puberty with tamoxifen]​

[Article in German]
R König 1, W Schönberger, P Neumann, P Benes, W Grimm
Affiliations expand

Abstract​

Based on the good results of another author 10 boys with marked pubertal gynecomastia were treated with the antioestrogen Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) at a dose of 20-40 mg/d orally for 2-12 months. In most cases the gynecomastia decreased totally, only two patients experienced palpable subareolar glandular tissue at the end of therapy. Side effects were not noted. During therapy levels of estradiol and testosteron increased, with a more pronounced elevation of estradiol. Basal values of LH and FSH remained nearly unchanged, but LH showed an increased response to LH-RH, which could be explained by the antioestrogenic effect of Tamoxifen at the hypothalamic level. The reduction of breast size in spite of increased estradiol levels on the other hand, suggests that the mean therapeutic effect of tamoxifen is through estrogen receptor blockade of breast tissue.

Similar articles​

This is about exactly my own personal observations. My base test will go to 400ng natty on just exemestane 25mg/day and will pop me up to 600ng or even higher 650ng/dL. I feel just fine at >600ngs. Of course not as good as 1000-1200ngs but then I'm dosing up the testosterone. Bulked at w/600mg this winter, cut it back to 300mg until the end of this month and I'm still over 1000ng/dL.

Going 100mgT/500mg primo/?anavar through summer. My first primo try. I'm starting with 500mg but can make adjustments if needed. I have no problem dropping it if primo doesn't agree with me.

I just saw your thread, you've filled out nicely since way back when. Wide shoulders, narrow waste. Lean AF. Good work.

Your AI is garbage and your TRT dose is too high

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner