over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

European bodybuilders vs. American bodybuilders

chris250

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Is it just me or do you guys think that Europeans have a different look than the americans...I mean if you look at the World Championships, those guys get rock, rock hard, I think alot of them are harder than the guys that compete at the USA's or Nationals...

chris

I agree,its easier to diet anywhere else in the world imo(im originaly from Israel),due to the mentality of people in regards food over here.

I´m from Spain and here the leanest always win, so people keep competing with insane condition (and when I say insane I mean INSANE MUNTZER-LIKE CONDITION)

So betito is conditioning and shape more important than just overall muscle size in Europe ?

chris

i think overall, in europe, they dont abuse the drugs like americans. therefore they dont need as much down the road to keep gaining. it seems to me american bodybuilding is a mass race no matter where u go, instead of relying on genetics to get u ur size. also europeans eat a more balanced diet and have less stress.

From pics they all seem rock hard physiques and lean as hell. Yeah, I assume they eat way more balanced than some of us Americans like you stated...eat balanced clean foods all year = HARD and LEAN! But, what about chocolate chip cookies:D

So betito is conditioning and shape more important than just overall muscle size in Europe ?

chris

For sure, in Spain it gets ridiculous, sometimes people with bad aesthetics wins just because they are more ripped even with everybody in the lineup in crazy shape

Chris

chris

I compete with nabba witch are huge in Europe, after the last universe quailifer here the world president rang my gym and I asked him size or condition and he said condition.

In europe we take condition very serious, I competed at the British champs and could not even face the night show after taking part in the prejudgeing because I felt like a fat pig when on stage with competitiors of that standard.

I think the same standard is seen in the NPC, its the standard of conditioning in the IFBB Pros that have went down hill from the days of Yates.

I compete with nabba witch are huge in Europe, after the last universe quailifer here the world president rang my gym and I asked him size or condition and he said condition.

In europe we take condition very serious, I competed at the British champs and could not even face the night show after taking part in the prejudgeing because I felt like a fat pig when on stage with competitiors of that standard.

I think the same standard is seen in the NPC, its the standard of conditioning in the IFBB Pros that have went down hill from the days of Yates.

Big Bapper,

Man I agree with ya...I think the peak years in the NPC were in the early 90's late 80's...Those guys were ripped to the bone...

Is it just me or do you guys think that Europeans have a different look than the americans...I mean if you look at the World Championships, those guys get rock, rock hard, I think alot of them are harder than the guys that compete at the USA's or Nationals...

chris

Guys in the World and European Championships get tested and competitors are trying to win national contest so they can get to those competitions. That means that they cannot go overboard on every drug and they must be have the condition right because they cannot use diuretics as freely as people in non-tested shows. In states (and in places where people are competing in non-tested shows) people are trying to win national titles so they could go pro and many use everyting and little bit more even as an amateur. I think that has lot to do with it. Overall this whole drug thing is ruing this sport. Nasser, Dorian and those used to be big and hard. These guys novadays are just big and many aren't even that. Hardly anyone seems to train hard anymore, people don't eat and they rely too much on supplements, they aren't willing to feel hungry because with aerobic and fatburners they can eat more and still be in great condition (or atleast they think so).

Words like ripped and shredded are probably more miss-used in bodybuilding forums than any others. These "gurus" show pictures of amateurs and pros who they have trained and use those words and still those guys have soft lower backs, soft glutes, no striations etc. That has nothing to do with being ripped or shredded, but if anyone says it, he is an asshole.

Guys in the World and European Championships get tested and competitors are trying to win national contest so they can get to those competitions. That means that they cannot go overboard on every drug and they must be have the condition right because they cannot use diuretics as freely as people in non-tested shows. In states (and in places where people are competing in non-tested shows) people are trying to win national titles so they could go pro and many use everyting and little bit more even as an amateur. I think that has lot to do with it. Overall this whole drug thing is ruing this sport. Nasser, Dorian and those used to be big and hard. These guys novadays are just big and many aren't even that. Hardly anyone seems to train hard anymore, people don't eat and they rely too much on supplements, they aren't willing to feel hungry because with aerobic and fatburners they can eat more and still be in great condition (or atleast they think so).

Words like ripped and shredded are probably more miss-used in bodybuilding forums than any others. These "gurus" show pictures of amateurs and pros who they have trained and use those words and still those guys have soft lower backs, soft glutes, no striations etc. That has nothing to do with being ripped or shredded, but if anyone says it, he is an asshole.

i agree the drugs play a huge role, i just hope it cleans up in the states cuz we have some fantastic athletes.........they just need to eat, train, etc like athletes YEARROUND.

I´m from Spain and here the leanest always win, so people keep competing with insane condition (and when I say insane I mean INSANE MUNTZER-LIKE CONDITION)

The biggest key right here imo

i think overall, in europe, they dont abuse the drugs like americans

Don't be fooled...

Guys not even competing and using 3g+ AAS a week and 10IU GH a day is far from uncommon here, trust me... :eek:

Honestly, I think it's just a matter of food. Guys in Europe usually don't go as overboard as Americans during the off-season, and prefer to stay in quite decent shape year round.

Much less fast foods on the streets too... ;)

Don't be fooled...

Guys not even competing and using 3g+ AAS a week and 10IU GH a day is far from uncommon here, trust me... :eek:

I think that Chris250 asked why guys in World Championships have that look that they have. People go overboard everywhere and they don't have that look what competitors in tested shows got. Maybe we should leave your typical gym rat and their doings out of this thread. They do everything everywhere, but they don't have that look what Chris20 was looking.

Don't be fooled...

Honestly, I think it's just a matter of food. Guys in Europe usually don't go as overboard as Americans during the off-season, and prefer to stay in quite decent shape year round.

Much less fast foods on the streets too... ;)

very well said...
they never get fat offseason, they don't use much offseason (which is why you don't see them getting bigger after they hit their competition size, but improve condition everytime), and they use insane shit during contest prep... mostly hardening drugs, and the diuretic use is retarded.

I think that Chris250 asked why guys in World Championships have that look that they have. People go overboard everywhere and they don't have that look what competitors in tested shows got.

Cause you think entering a tested show means you're drug free? LOL! :rolleyes: :eek: :D

It's just a change in gear bro, usually like that:

- all long ester injectables stopped in time to leave no trace in blood;
- fast acting injectables stopped at around 4 weeks out;
- insane amount of orals used in the last weeks. What buselmo calls "hardening drugs": halo, winstrol, anavar, primo tabs, proviron... and I'm probably forgetting some;
- high doses of anti-estrogens;
- nothing the last week: enough time to loose that last bit of subcutaneous water, but not so much you're loosing muscle tone.

Maybe we should leave your typical gym rat and their doings out of this thread. They do everything everywhere, but they don't have that look what Chris20 was looking.

Ok... so why not starting by contributing yourself? Like giving us the beginning of a rough draft of an explanation... :cool:

The fast food restaurants in the states are crazy compared to over in Europe.

Europeans usually stay quite lean compared to over here. I think the USA is the most obese country of anywhere in the world. I know that personally speaking, I eat way too much fast food. After training, I am more apt to pull through a drive through, for a Wendy's burger, than go home and eat chicken and rice. But now that I am in my 30s, that better change or I'm just setting myself up for bad health down the road.

Just my 2 cents!

Cause you think entering a tested show means you're drug free? LOL! :rolleyes: :eek: :D

It's just a change in gear bro, usually like that:

- all long ester injectables stopped in time to leave no trace in blood;
- fast acting injectables stopped at around 4 weeks out;
- insane amount of orals used in the last weeks. What buselmo calls "hardening drugs": halo, winstrol, anavar, primo tabs, proviron... and I'm probably forgetting some;
- high doses of anti-estrogens;
- nothing the last week: enough time to loose that last bit of subcutaneous water, but not so much you're loosing muscle tone.

Did I say drug free? No. Did I say less chemicals, more hard work etc? Yes. Guys cannot do all of those things you mentioned freely because of tests. Guys in non-tested shows could do all of those if they wanted and many do go overboard because they want level the competition. I'm not going to this pissing contest with you. So be free to make some funny comment and put maybe even 4 smiley faces after your next smartass know-it-all-comment.

Ok... so why not starting by contributing yourself? Like giving us the beginning of a rough draft of an explanation... :cool:

Chris250 asked about competitors and you started to speak about people who don't even compete and still use crazy amounts. Many times gymrats use more than good competitors.

Did I say drug free? No. Did I say less chemicals, more hard work etc? Yes. Guys cannot do all of those things you mentioned freely because of tests. Guys in non-tested shows could do all of those if they wanted and many do go overboard because they want level the competition. I'm not going to this pissing contest with you. So be free to make some funny comment and put maybe even 4 smiley faces after your next smartass know-it-all-comment.

Chris250 asked about competitors and you started to speak about people who don't even compete and still use crazy amounts. Many times gymrats use more than good competitors.

Considering Phidias is from Europe and competes, dont you think he has an idea of what he's talking about?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws