advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

European going to California for first time, need some help.

Rob S.

Registered
Hi guys,

Next week we will be going to California for 3.5 weeks. We will stay in the LA (Venice) area most of the time but will also make a trip to Vegas, San Diego etc.

It would be great if some locals can tell me the best places to train. Offcourse i will visit Gold's Venice but i heard it costs like 20 dollar to train there is that right? Metroflex will also be cool but i guess there will be a lot of other good places.

I am guessing that there are enough supplement shops in the area? Im not going to take any with me so as soon as i arrive in LA i will need to buy me some whey, vitamins, BCAA's and stuff like that.

And last but most important, what is the best place to buy me some good steak, chicken and other meats?

Hi guys,

Next week we will be going to California for 3.5 weeks. We will stay in the LA (Venice) area most of the time but will also make a trip to Vegas, San Diego etc.

It would be great if some locals can tell me the best places to train. Offcourse i will visit Gold's Venice but i heard it costs like 20 dollar to train there is that right? Metroflex will also be cool but i guess there will be a lot of other good places.

I am guessing that there are enough supplement shops in the area? Im not going to take any with me so as soon as i arrive in LA i will need to buy me some whey, vitamins, BCAA's and stuff like that.

And last but most important, what is the best place to buy me some good steak, chicken and other meats?

For LA area - Golds in venice is good. If you're not in the area you can visit a 24 hour fitness, they're everywhere and will let you train for $10 day pass.

San Diego - Worlds Gym is solid, they also have a $15-20 guess pass. Urban body gym in north park is my favorite gym in san diego, only $10 fee to train.

Supplement shops everywhere, if you're shopping in LA hit up Got muscle in sherman oaks, or one of the N101s if you're in the hollywood area.

Last but not least, the best grocery is Sprouts. They have quality meat and its a lot less than other "organic" food stores like trader joes or whole foods.

Eat at the Firehouse after you train at Gold's Venice. If you are not super strict dieting have a In and Out burger, and if you like or want to try BBQ go to Baby Blues, have the beef rib .

Thanks a lot! I already heard in and out burger is very good, and since im not dieting very strict i will enjoy it multiple times a week ;). In Europe we only have Mc Donalds, BK and KFC lol

For LA area - Golds in venice is good. If you're not in the area you can visit a 24 hour fitness, they're everywhere and will let you train for $10 day pass.

San Diego - Worlds Gym is solid, they also have a $15-20 guess pass. Urban body gym in north park is my favorite gym in san diego, only $10 fee to train.

Supplement shops everywhere, if you're shopping in LA hit up Got muscle in sherman oaks, or one of the N101s if you're in the hollywood area.

Last but not least, the best grocery is Sprouts. They have quality meat and its a lot less than other "organic" food stores like trader joes or whole foods.

Good info, thanks!

Thanks a lot! I already heard in and out burger is very good, and since im not dieting very strict i will enjoy it multiple times a week ;). In Europe we only have Mc Donalds, BK and KFC lol

OMG In and Out compared to McD's is like comparing a Filet Mignon to beef jerkey! Since you are not dieting definitely hit Baby Blues (Venice and West Hollywood) and get the beef rib or the BBQ rib variety, the sides are awesome! For the best pizza, authentic NY style go to Mulberry Street pizzeria in Beverly Hills, grab a slice or two and they used to have a good BBQ chicken salad, may see a celeb or two. There are endless good sushi places, I would just google or Yelp them, and if you are into hot dogs go to Pinks in LA.

I have trained in a ton of American and European gyms hell I even own a gym.
No gym comes close to WORLD gym in SD....IMO
Huge, hardcore and tons of serious trainers.

I´m European as well and when I was driving around in California, I was training in various gyms. The best was World Gym San Diego, Golds on Venice was alright too, but there was a much better atmosphere in World Gym SD.

Much appreciated! I'm getting hungry by just looking at your replies. lol.
Didn't know World Gym in SD was that good...looking forward too it.

Absolutely visit Muscle Beach and Golds in Venice...eat at Firehouse. Go to Santa Monica and the Pier....Malibu...etc.

In San Diego, spend some time in Pacific Beach, Gaslamp District, Torrey Pines, La Jolla. Definitely go to World Gym San Diego which is connected to 619 Muscle...the supplement store.

I love Southern California.

Damn, all this talk bout california eating and gyms makes me wanna make a trip down!!!

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

Btw....what is the best gym in Las Vegas? Where do guys like Dennis Wolf and Jay Cutler normally train? Would be great to see some huge guys...instant motivation :cool:

A few comments/suggestions:

* Gold's Venice does charge around $20 US to train there, the Gold's in Hollywood is less and also a good place to train but about a 20 minute drive from Venice. Gold's Venice is quite the place to train, ever see a guy in motocross boots train? How about a guy in a gas mask?

* Good Eats
* Firehouse used to be the place, got sold about 5 years ago and is no longer "the" place to hang/eat. Still ok, but not what it once was.

* Sauce - right behind Firehouse, is better. Great food, cleaner, very healthy plates and will also make whatever you want.

* Brick House, one block south of Gold's, brick building on corner. Good food, more laid back and casual. Not as healthy, but in the middle.

* If your looking for an upscale dinner, try Capo on Ocean Ave in Santa Monica, also many other good around Ocean Ave and Wilshire. It's about a mile from center of Main in Venice.

* If you looking for something to kill time and walk around, go to 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica, Wilshire and 3rd roughly. Open air mall type place, usually a crowded spot with shops, food, entertainment.

Supplement stores in Venice...

* There is a huge place on Main in Venice, been there forever and can't miss it driving down main. I think it is called Urban or something like that.

For San Diego....

* There is a Gold's on Rosecrans that's not bad. Also a Worlds close to that that is better. Under a highway over pass almost but a good BB type gym.

For as Vegas...

* The Gold's on Flamingo closed a few years back. I know the owners and it was barely making ends meet and the building owners raised the rent. That was the place to train, great vibe and great gym. There is a Gold's on Easton street, about 15min south of the strip. Also, there is a new gym called City Athletics ( I think) that opened a year ago. I hear its real nice, but have not been these. Forgive me, but I don't recall the names but it was opened by a few pro's.

Have fun.

Great info Cupcakes, many thanks! Just 2 more days left before we fly to LA....REALLY excited, first time USA for me :headbang:

should be a lot of pro's in venice before and after the mr O's for photo shoot definitly nead to workout in venice...

I sure hope to see a lot of big guys!

Is there anybody on this forum that trains in Venice or other gyms in LA? Maybe we can train sometime :cool:

If you visit San Diego, world gym is must go place. It's hardcore gym if you like it. 1 day pass is $10, 1 week pass is $30.

We are in Hollywood at the moment but the gyms that i called all want 20 dollar for a day pass (golds hollywood and 24 hour fitness). That is ridiculous. Arent there gyms in hollwood that are good and charge like 10 dollar for a day pass??

try north hollywood gold's i think they are 10$ i'm in there in the afternoon near 3:00 pm ask for Ray.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws