over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ever drop a BB on your face?

^^^thats horrible man. i cant imagine having something like that happen. I hope the rest of your week gets better!

Thanks TK and yeah I don't think I need dental reconstruction as its really only a few millimeters and its not blatantly obviously, despite being uneven now at the bottom. Time will tell

In my younger years at home I failed a press and had to roll the BB all the way down to my waist. No where near as bad as dropping a BB on my head, but is funny thinking about it now.

130lb db rolled off bench fell on my toe. I know, not my face or anything :( but still hurt

Not on the face but my gym use to have "stationary" barbells that didn't pivot. Took me awhile to get use to the new ones and I loaded up 225 for some CGBP and the fucker slipped out of my hands and bounced on my chest from full extension. Ended my workout as I had trouble breathing for a few hours.

About a year and a half ago I was training chest, decline bench and was on my last set....tried to rack the weight (225) and missed the hooks completely. the bar landed right on my chin and forced my head sideways, but thankfully didnt land on my throat. Still have nightmares about it. I'm still scared shitless to go over two plates on each side. Anyone else ever do this?

I experienced this also, except I was being careless trying to floss my strength (damn those twenties years). I missed racking the bar and it came crashing down cracking my careless ass in the face, fortunately I turned my head at the last second and the only thing hurt was my feelings. So many lessons learned that day.....

Not with BB bench but with DBs...HELL YEAH!

One time my right peck just gave out...like just said fuck it and the DB started coming down but since this happened when my arm was extended the DB didn't come down right...it went toward my left side ending up hitting my in the jaw and on the collier bone.

ALSO like about 2-3 days ago I was doing DB bench press again and the first rep was good and solid without any issues but during my second rep for some weird fucking reason my left peck gave out and the DB(thank god) came down straight this time (if I hadn't moved my head to right 125, yes I know I'm weak, lovely lbs would of fallen straight on my face) then all of the sudden everything was back to fucking normal and I just continued repping the weight...like I didn't drop the weights or nothing...my peck gave out, almost fell on my face, and then I just continued repping it again. Seriously I was like WTF!

Wow here's some bad karma. I obviously posted in this thread earlier today. Well I was at the gym just now and was doing some Incline Negatives. Did a nice slow first rep and then tried a second rep, big mistake. Had no strength, the bar drifted back on descent and hit me right in the mouth and chipped four of my teeth.

FUCK! Sorry to hear that bro!

Dropped the BB on my chest when I was only about 20 years old. I was using a false grip on decline bench. No damage was done but I haven't used a false grip on decline ever since then lol. I still really like using a false grip on incline and flat though :cool:

I was benching alone on barbell when I was 16 years old. I had finally reached a goal the previous week hitting the 225 lb mark, 2 plates. Feeling great about being me went for 245 at this particular time with no spot very dumb I know. Got caught underneath it couldn't get it back up and had to roll it down my stomach and turn to one side to let the plates fall off completely and then the other side. No serious injury but very embarrassing. Hard lesson learned and was very lucky that the only thing that was hurt was my pride LOL.

i watched a guy drop 315 on his teeth one day and busted his teeth out. blood all over. his spotter was looking at the girl down the way. it was the guys 2nd day of training after a few year lay off.

I use a thumbless grip for benching but I make damn sure that shit doesn't fall out of my hands

I train solo 99.9% of the time. Any barbell work is done in the power rack, with safeties set, so that if I drop it, I'm safe.

I have passed out cold doing power stairs at the top of the lift. Went down like a sack of taters, the 400lb implement fell on my right foot. I don't know how long I was out. Kinda weird waking up looking at the ceiling of my gym when the last thing I was doing was lifting a big weight.

Thankfully, I wear heavy boots when I train. They saved my foot and ankle.

Working as a trainer many years ago I was stripping weights off a leg press sled so I grabbed the 45lb plate and pulled like normal not realizing there was a 25er in front of it. THe 25lb plate came crashing down unexpectedly on the big toe of my right foot and dislocated it. I don't know what was worse, the dislocation or me putting it back in place when my feet hit the floor when getting out of bed the next morning. Shit was painful!!

Bout 20 years ago, in our old dungeon gym, there was a homemade seated row, had frayed steel cables we'd been meaning to replace, but just hadn't gotten around to it. I had around 200 on it, and was down to my last few reps, trying to force a rep to get a negative, then the dam thing snapped, the v bar nailed me in the chin about 100 mph, weight crashed, and i flipped backwards rolled upside down, banged my head on some DBs laying around. Big bruise, nothing major, but funny as hell looking back

About 7 or 8 years ago, I was warming up with 315 on incline and dropped it right across my ribs. Hurt like hell, obviously; and people were looking on scared shitless. I just racked it. Sat there and got my wind back in and finished the set. Probably dumb in retrospect, but the last thing I wanted to do was let the bar and the weight psych me out.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131