over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ever hear this?

km2000 said:
I dont uderstand how there is no doubt aas will shorten your life, isnt that why we have hrt clinics all over now to help us live longer? that is a very bold statment you make, I hope you have studys and documentation to back it up. I have yet to see one study showing that aas will shorten your life. this is why we have such a misunderstood lifestyle as bodybuilders, people go around spreading nonsense like this. I advice you to bit your tounge next time your thinking of saying something like this again as it has no credibility.
agreed, bumping

lookatpicture said:
My fiance is finishing her Masters in Physical Therapy and the other day she says that I am getting to big. I am currently 210 lbs., of which is almost all muscle with a bit of water retention. She has seen me grow over the years from 163 lbs to my current weight. Have you been told that you are getting to big? She says that it is unhealthy to gain 20 pounds in just over 2 months and bodybuilders live shorter lives on the average. It really pissed me off because she does not exercise at all and I have been lifting a better part of my life. I told her that she is crazy! Any thoughts?

I always tell JT that he needs to get bigger. :D

So, what exactly is she saying? Does she want you to stop lifting, growing? Why? Does she feel like the dumpy partner in the relationship?

lynx said:
I always tell JT that he needs to get bigger. :D

So, what exactly is she saying? Does she want you to stop lifting, growing? Why? Does she feel like the dumpy partner in the relationship?

That is a great question that I don't have an answer for. She always told me that she thinks the really big bodybuilders are unattractive. That may have something to do with it. I told her about my goals and they don't include looking like Jay or Ronnie.

glenihan said:
girls GENERALLY don't really like the look of a bodybuilder they like guys that look like abercrombie models or smaller Men's Health cover guys
This is true, and remains so until they've "had" you. Or, at least, *ME*. :D Then it strangely changes to: "Well you're different. But they start eyeing the other big guys... :D

I get the "you're too big" thing. And I'm not huge either. I'd certainly like 20lbs more muscle. I always reply: "If I could explain to you what having big muscles FEELS LIKE, you would run to a gym right now and start lifting like crazy. But I can't. There are no words." Sometimes I add: "I pity those who aren't in bodybuilding. They are missing out on so much well-being."

That usually does the trick. :)

Just a couple of thoughts.

In terms of health, there are risks that go along with taking AAS in massive doses (much higher than in HRT). Even if you are doing HRT, you need to watch your BP and lipids. I always to cardio to keep my heart going and monitor my health by getting various blood tests. I dunno what happens if you become a monster, hbut the health risks do increase. I am a lean 192 at 5'8", and I think my various test numbers would indicate that I am in the best health of my life (I am 40). Would I be healthier if I was 175? Probably, but probably not much more. And if I lost my motivation, then I would be worse off (a key thing to remember).

From your girl's perspective, the guy she started to date was a normal sized guy, and now you have changed a lot. My wife also isn't that fond of my size. Not every woman is into that (many aren't). I get more comments from women at 192 then I did at 202.

Personally, I don't know how much more I can gain, but like everyone else here I would be happy putting on another ten pounds of LBM. You just never get where you want to be.

doctorwill said:

In terms of health, there are risks that go along with taking AAS in massive doses (much higher than in HRT). Even if you are doing HRT, you need to watch your BP and lipids. I always to cardio to keep my heart going and monitor my health by getting various blood tests. I dunno what happens if you become a monster, hbut the health risks do increase. I am a lean 192 at 5'8", and I think my various test numbers would indicate that I am in the best health of my life (I am 40). Would I be healthier if I was 175? Probably, but probably not much more. And if I lost my motivation, then I would be worse off (a key thing to remember).

From your girl's perspective, the guy she started to date was a normal sized guy, and now you have changed a lot. My wife also isn't that fond of my size. Not every woman is into that (many aren't). I get more comments from women at 192 then I did at 202.

Personally, I don't know how much more I can gain, but like everyone else here I would be happy putting on another ten pounds of LBM. You just never get where you want to be.

I think it's important...when entering any new relationship...to tell the person what your goals are and see if that is something they can deal with. That's what I do. They might be a little uncomfortable about it, but if you assure them you're NOT going to look like Jay or Ronnie, they relax a little bit.

Also...a REALLY good response to the: "I don't want you to be all VEINY and stuff!" comment: "Babe...even if you're lean/vascular, people don't go around flexing as hard as possible ALL the time!"

doctorwill said:

I thought I read about a psychological issue that some bodybuilders have, where they always feel small and never big enough. They have a difficult time recognizing progress.

Grunt76 said:
This is true, and remains so until they've "had" you. Or, at least, *ME*. :D Then it strangely changes to: "Well you're different. But they start eyeing the other big guys... :D

I get the "you're too big" thing. And I'm not huge either. I'd certainly like 20lbs more muscle. I always reply: "If I could explain to you what having big muscles FEELS LIKE, you would run to a gym right now and start lifting like crazy. But I can't. There are no words." Sometimes I add: "I pity those who aren't in bodybuilding. They are missing out on so much well-being."

That usually does the trick. :)

"They are missing out on so much well-being". WOW! That's good stuff!:)

doctorwill said:

That's a great point, but it sounds like he was working out before he met her. Am I right? It doesn't sound like she knows what it feels like to notice changes and to go, "Dang! I like this!"
I'm just curious...she went into physical therapy and she doesn't workout? That just seems odd to me. Most physical therapists that I've met do some sort of physical activity and most people who do something seem like they have an understanding of the mentality. Just my opinion. :)

lynx said:
That's a great point, but it sounds like he was working out before he met her. Am I right? It doesn't sound like she knows what it feels like to notice changes and to go, "Dang! I like this!"
I'm just curious...she went into physical therapy and she doesn't workout? That just seems odd to me. Most physical therapists that I've met do some sort of physical activity and most people who do something seem like they have an understanding of the mentality. Just my opinion. :)

Yep, this is exactly what entered my head when I read the post. And you'd think that she'd appreciate a man that is engaged in an activity that is increasing muscle size and not getting fat. I'm sure that obesity would be more of a treatable condition to someone in her mindset then a guy who is strong and muscular.

Heh... Isn't it funny how muscle is now frowned upon in the media when 20 years ago we were in awe of it...

I think the media's real bias against muscle is a reflection of thier shame of being lazy.

@@

lookatpicture bro women are strange beings.it sounds to me like she might some control issues.instead of calling her crazy,tell her you understand her concerns and your paying close attention for any health changes.maybe that will appease her,if not then you gonna have to figure out her objective and why is it an issue.good luck

funny story:after my buddy got married his wife refused to let him train.of course he said sure baby:rolleyes: .she could tell he was still trainin and she even caught him a few times.this was her arguement " i told you i din't like you training,so you must be doing it for some other bitch/s".i told him to run far far away from that psycho possesive nutjob.it was fun saying "hey is that your wife" when he was in the middle of a set:D

Armageddon said:
New food pyramid came out last year and I believe that brought a new RDA with it.

i can't imagine what they say:rolleyes: but it must be cutting edge it only took 40 yrs:confused: bahahaa what a joke.

leap

lynx said:

No she does not workout at gym but her job requires a fair amount of lifting. I don't think she fully realizes the benefit I get from lifting. The mental benefit for me is phenominal and the physical benefit an after-thought.

leapfrog said:
lookatpicture bro women are strange beings.it sounds to me like she might some control issues.instead of calling her crazy,tell her you understand her concerns and your paying close attention for any health changes.maybe that will appease her,if not then you gonna have to figure out her objective and why is it an issue.good luck

funny story:after my buddy got married his wife refused to let him train.of course he said sure baby:rolleyes: .she could tell he was still trainin and she even caught him a few times.this was her arguement " i told you i din't like you training,so you must be doing it for some other bitch/s".i told him to run far far away from that psycho possesive nutjob.it was fun saying "hey is that your wife" when he was in the middle of a set:D

i can't imagine what they say:rolleyes: but it must be cutting edge it only took 40 yrs:confused: bahahaa what a joke.

leap
Wow! She actually told him to stop training? :eek:

BrooklynBB said:
Yep, this is exactly what entered my head when I read the post. And you'd think that she'd appreciate a man that is engaged in an activity that is increasing muscle size and not getting fat. I'm sure that obesity would be more of a treatable condition to someone in her mindset then a guy who is strong and muscular.

Heh... Isn't it funny how muscle is now frowned upon in the media when 20 years ago we were in awe of it...

I think the media's real bias against muscle is a reflection of thier shame of being lazy.

I have to agree with ya hear bro! The reason most people say things like you are too big or that looks disgusting is because they are projecting their own inadequacies on to someone else... Women especially because whether they like it or not, if you are in really good shape she knows that you are going to be getting many looks from other women and she is worried.... And why is it that everytime I go to the Dr. he gives me shit for being to big, but it is ok for a guy to go into his office and be 400lbs with type II diabetes... It doesn't make since... Brooklyn you are right the problem is that our society is lazy and can't stand the fact that they look like shit and we choose not to.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws