advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ever try decompression for a bulging disk that’s impinging your sciatic nerve?

That looks like a real nice model. My cheap ass was hoping it’d be $100. Hahaha 😁

Keep an eye out on Facebook and craigslist. I see decent inversion tables going for cheap frequently. People buy them, don't know how to use them, then sell them for a loss.

how did you tore it on the deadlift? or you strained/pulled the lat?

I always irritate it occasionally from horizontal leg press but this time it happened out of nowhere when i got the flu. All my old injuries hurt, then one day i couldn’t walk. I originally hurt that disk 30 years ago doing barbell rows with bad form. This is the first time the disk caused sciatica.

To be honest, this coming from someone who's had 4 back surgeries and probably still has bulging discs/a nagging back, I can't see this doing much.

There is not enough pull on your legs to lengthen your spine.

What DOES work (I own one) and what is also recommended by my orthopaedic surgeon is an inversion table:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71WSkG1hLZL._SL1500_.jpg

I highly recommend you buying one of these, watch out for the maximum weight they can carry though so you don't break your neck falling out of it :)

Let me know how it worked out should you buy one!

Think one of these might help?

I highly recommend them for everyone doing heavy weight training. Even for those who don't have back issues (yet).

In the days of Hippocrates, scoliosios (lateral and forward deformation of the spine) was treated by letting people hang upside down like this.

With the inversion table at home you can work up slowly your time hanging and also the angle you hang. I don't hang vertical yet and only do about 5 minutes. The head of service at my Porsche dealership fell asleep on one hanging and said he was on it for about 1 hour. He was ok, no damage to the eyes.

I've actually considered sleeping on mine, no shit. Like Batman sleeps :D

To be honest, this coming from someone who's had 4 back surgeries and probably still has bulging discs/a nagging back, I can't see this doing much.

There is not enough pull on your legs to lengthen your spine.

What DOES work (I own one) and what is also recommended by my orthopaedic surgeon is an inversion table:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71WSkG1hLZL._SL1500_.jpg

I highly recommend you buying one of these, watch out for the maximum weight they can carry though so you don't break your neck falling out of it.
Let me know how it worked out should you buy one!

I found one that has a maximum load of 300Lbs for around $100 with great reviews on Amazon. I weigh 220Lbs. :D

Maybe I’ll buy the heaviest ankle weights for the sit and decompress machine to have a stronger pull on the spine.

Last edited:
Keep an eye out on Facebook and craigslist. I see decent inversion tables going for cheap frequently. People buy them, don't know how to use them, then sell them for a loss.

Yup see them all the time, And the newer one are all plastic (so they cleanup).

I hang every AM give my neck 5-6 (cracks for lack of better wording)

Ak

Taking the pressure off is very helpful.

I would strongly recommend a prednisone regimen and/or steroid injections at the site.

Those will reduce the inflammation and encourage the disk to resume its original position.

In my experience it took 8 months to be symptom free.

Good luck!

Get an MRI. You need to see the what degree and direction your disc is herniated. How do you know it's L4/L5?

From there you can make a decision to take the conservative route or surgical intervention. If you do seek chiropractic care, find a doc that has a Cox Flexion table, or a lumbar traction machine. Cox flexion has studies backing it helps with disc herniation.

When you get the MR read off from the radiologist, get multiple opinions on your best course of action.

You should avoid any loaded lumbar flexion activities.

There'a always the super duper cheap way.
Just tie the noose around your ankles and ask a friend to pull the lever.
That'll stretch ya out!

Attachments

• b26398bb7be81c0e3a6149a31ac129ae.jpg
    b26398bb7be81c0e3a6149a31ac129ae.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 125
I found one that has a maximum load of 300Lbs for around $100 with great reviews on Amazon. I weigh 220Lbs. :D

Maybe I’ll buy the heaviest ankle weights for the sit and decompress machine to have a stronger pull on the spine.

That's certainly an idea! Still, I'd just go for the inversion table. If you can get a sturdy enough one for $100, that's a bargain.

Get medieval

Attachments

• 69592A36-34AD-469C-8516-734A4A779609.jpeg
    69592A36-34AD-469C-8516-734A4A779609.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 121

Attachments

• poltrot-quartered-paris-d86bra.jpg
    poltrot-quartered-paris-d86bra.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 102
My “sit and decompress” device arrived. I’ll take it to the gym and give it a go on the pull up bar.

My “sit and decompress” device arrived. I’ll take it to the gym and give it a go on the pull up bar.

Please let us know your thoughts once you´ve had the chance to use it.

I still have this but I have herniated and bulging discs down my entire spine except cervical I had surgery and had 4 disc removed. They cut my throat and went in that way because one disc was pushing on spinal cord and any hit to the area would have paralyzed me. This was all from a car accident a year ago. I have done it all without pain killers I don't want to be addicted but after a year just my lower back hurts.

A semi hit me multiple times on the interstate but aquatic therapy has been best for me. I've finished lumbar therapy still do the exercises have an expensive posture vest but the pain is always there I really want to take narcotic pain meds but Norco doesn't work Percocet didn't work so I just went without. But the best relief I get is aquatic therapy. I may order one of what you did because it's a similar concept. Anything stretching the spine and getting the bulge or herniation of the disc is great. I looked on YouTube and follow a physical therapist just to lift I had to relearn to lift so I wasn't injuring myself. Good luck with it I know you pain plus 10. My knees and hips are fucked from the accident. I have plates screws a cage around the area they did surgery filled with liquid bone matrix but that surgery was the best thing I did and the worst pain I ever felt but i had to sleep in a recliner for months and were a hard neck brace I have just a small scar on my neck they did it in a natural line but some ppl get keloids and looks horrible. But I'm afraid of lower back surgery and my surgeon is one of the best in the area I live in and he won't do surgery on my lower back he said it feels great at first but most fail and cause more issues. So i don't know I know people who had lumbar surgery and are fine but he didn't say how long it could take or whatever. Best of luck sorry to hear your going thru the same pain. I have to take morning and muscle relaxers and wait 20 minutes to roll out of bed. Went from being able to do 100's of situps or crunches etc but I can't do a single sit up now. I lost a ton of core strength which the therapy helped. Injections last a couple weeks to a year for some people. I have an appointment to try my first one.

I still have this but I have herniated and bulging discs down my entire spine except cervical I had surgery and had 4 disc removed. They cut my throat and went in that way because one disc was pushing on spinal cord and any hit to the area would have paralyzed me. This was all from a car accident a year ago. I have done it all without pain killers I don't want to be addicted but after a year just my lower back hurts.

A semi hit me multiple times on the interstate but aquatic therapy has been best for me. I've finished lumbar therapy still do the exercises have an expensive posture vest but the pain is always there I really want to take narcotic pain meds but Norco doesn't work Percocet didn't work so I just went without. But the best relief I get is aquatic therapy. I may order one of what you did because it's a similar concept. Anything stretching the spine and getting the bulge or herniation of the disc is great. I looked on YouTube and follow a physical therapist just to lift I had to relearn to lift so I wasn't injuring myself. Good luck with it I know you pain plus 10. My knees and hips are fucked from the accident. I have plates screws a cage around the area they did surgery filled with liquid bone matrix but that surgery was the best thing I did and the worst pain I ever felt but i had to sleep in a recliner for months and were a hard neck brace I have just a small scar on my neck they did it in a natural line but some ppl get keloids and looks horrible. But I'm afraid of lower back surgery and my surgeon is one of the best in the area I live in and he won't do surgery on my lower back he said it feels great at first but most fail and cause more issues. So i don't know I know people who had lumbar surgery and are fine but he didn't say how long it could take or whatever. Best of luck sorry to hear your going thru the same pain. I have to take morning and muscle relaxers and wait 20 minutes to roll out of bed. Went from being able to do 100's of situps or crunches etc but I can't do a single sit up now. I lost a ton of core strength which the therapy helped. Injections last a couple weeks to a year for some people. I have an appointment to try my first one.

For lumbar surgery like I've had 4 of now, it's very important to find the right, passionate surgeon. Not all of them are as capable as they think they are. Go with your gut feeling. I have 3 fused levels now and it feels great actually, very sturdy. At first they put in a cage (ALIF) but that didn't help for long/didn't hold. Eventually they removed the cage and fused that level and 2 other levels in the years after that. Imo the old tried&true method of simply fusing it and putting in bars and rods is still the way to go.

I've heard mixed reviews of prosthetic discs as well. They keep the mobility but they just aren't as sturdy as a spinal fusion is.

Good luck!

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo-0M7XIY2I"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo-0M7XIY2I[/ame]

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws