over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Everyday supplements

beast405

Registered
Question for you guys. Would krill oil, coq10, and red yeast rice be worth adding to my daily supplement/ vitamin regimen to help keep me healthier in the long run ? And for the guys who say yes have you actually noticed a difference in your blood work since being on it ?

Question for you guys. Would krill oil, coq10, and red yeast rice be worth adding to my daily supplement/ vitamin regimen to help keep me healthier in the long run ? And for the guys who say yes have you actually noticed a difference in your blood work since being on it ?

Are they worth adding in? That would depend upon your genetics, bloodwork, current supplements, diet and future usage. Although I think most would only benefit health wise from adding in krill oil and coq10. I think coq10 is more unique in the sense that it provides benefits most supplements don't. Whereas with Krill whilst it's a superior form if you are already taking in a high quality fish oil (or similar) and/or your diet is rich is omega 3 foods it's not really "needed" but can obviously still be useful.

Do you have issues with cholesterol? What are you doing/taking for cholesterol health? Red yeast rice is very good at lowering total cholesterol levels but I personally wouldn't recommend adding it in. If people's cholesterol markers are a bit off often some dietary changes and increased cardio (and avoiding heavy AAS cycles) would be more than enough. Notwithstanding, I am a fan of things like citrus bergamot, garlic, fish oil and metformin and they can all be useful as well. If someone has terrible cholesterol markers with a good nutrition and cardio regime then I probably wouldn't waste my time with most herbal supps and use a statin (plus take steps to ensure min-no side effects from that statin). So for a short term fix of lowering total cholesterol I think red yeast rice is useful but I wouldn't use it as an everyday health supplement.

In krill the omegas bound to phospholipids increased absorption is essentially negated by the lower overall content.
Is it better absorbed? Yes.
Is it better absorbed to match the 5-15x lower total omegas for 5x the cost? Absolutely not.
20 minutes spent reading a few studies will show this.
Annoys me because I used to take it for a while before I educated myself lol.

CoQ10 could be a benefit if you’re concerned with being deficient. Red Yeast if lipids are a concern.

Anything could* be beneficial if you need it but the quest really is, do you? Why the fixation on these supplements? Are you having BP/Lipid issues after already adhering to measures like diet and cardio?

Yes

Currently have fish oil, vitamins c and D, a multi, Tudca, humanofort, turmeric, and a couple other things. Not a lot but he really just covering my bases.

In krill the omegas bound to phospholipids increased absorption is essentially negated by the lower overall content.
Is it better absorbed? Yes.
Is it better absorbed to match the 5-15x lower total omegas for 5x the cost? Absolutely not.
20 minutes spent reading a few studies will show this.
Annoys me because I used to take it for a while before I educated myself lol.

CoQ10 could be a benefit if you’re concerned with being deficient. Red Yeast if lipids are a concern.

Anything could* be beneficial if you need it but the quest really is, do you? Why the fixation on these supplements? Are you having BP/Lipid issues after already adhering to measures like diet and cardio?
I'm confused on this red yeast - allegedly based on tons of post here in USA red yeast no longer has the byproduct needed to help lipids

Is this accurate? Or are there still some brands that will help

I just stated taking this in addition to EFA, Carditone, Astragulus, and Tudca along with multivit, vit C.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear