over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

everyone's different...not so sure??

doug1

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
i am constantly reading on all the boards that everyone responds differently to training. you know some are best suited for volume, others HIT, etc and everything in between. i have never bought this. yes everyone is different, but muscle tissue is muscle tissue. who believes that indeed some training systems are better suited for some than others?? i'm not here to advocate which is best because frankly... i don't have a clue!:D

Muscle tissue

Not all muscle tissue is created equall...some people can be majority of fast twitch fibers & some could be slow twitch, though most have varying levels of both, which does have an effect on how one needs to train, which can only be discovered by trial and error.

People also have varying recovery abilities, I dont know why this is, but it is....I have noticed it with my own training vs a way another may train...

DIET & REST are probably the # 1 keys to recovery though, so that in some cases can probably be the difference between to trainees...

Stroyer

hey doug1, i unders tand what you are saying but, i do believe that people have different tolerances to training stress. some thrive on what others would just end up with a fried central nervous system. some others can tolerate higher protein intake than other and assimilate it at a higher rate. i can not train two days in a row but, my partner can and recovers just fine and ia always ready to go. my diet is much better than his but, he recovers much quicker in is completely mesomorph in body.

please do a search on articles ive posted, i believe i made a topic title just like urself, and also the article "scientific and logical training for lats" topic i posted, yes we are all unique but its getting to the point where i hear shit like well ur so different from me so it wont work for me, muscle grows in response to stimuli in conjunction with anabolic hormones and nurtietns, we all accomplish via one way, resistance training

exactly...just tear it down and give it all it needs to build.

ill try to bump the thread if i can find it bc it was a great article written by someone over at AE which has everything i have in my head but can never articulate very well. a lot of the article comes down to the point that the idea of everyone is different has held training back more then anything else bc it does not allow for rules or laws on muscle. he lists i believe 4 things which while may vary from individual to individual are things we all need, Resistance or trauma to muscles, recuperation (very individual but we all need it , end of line period.

my long, lost brother magoo is right. we all respond to the same stimulus. my system may not be as efficent as magoo's or vice versa but, the solution is never to up volume. i will say that if an individual hates training in hit or low volume fashion but, loves high volume then that is whgat they must do. training must first be looked froward to. to dread ones workouts is the first step to failure. personally, i dread the fact of spending hours on end in the gym since i work in one anyway. when a person does not respond to low volume it is usually obvious why when you watch them train. growth is not hard to come by. it is slow but, should not be stagnant. like magoo said, cause trauma (in other words cause a adaptive response) let muscle recup (in other words sound nutrition and rest) then hit it again. i truly believe anymore in the more frequent one can hit a bodypart the better one will respond to training. many will disagree but, ....the thing i tell my members is that if u can not train a muscle at least two times a week then you must a) reduce the amount of volume or b) reduce the in intensity so that you can hit that muscle more frequent. it is simple. when i was following a type of hit program i found that all i could do was two sets a bodypart if i went to failure. any more than that and i could not hit that bodypart again that week. yes, just one more set made it impossible for me t train that bodypart twice in a week. some might be able to get away with more but, not me. the thing that is universal in all is to stimulate growth as often as possible. when one comes to that conclusion then they will find high volume next to impossible. AND NO, ROIDS DO NOT GIVE YOU AN EXCUSE TO UP VOLUME. take advantage of their workings but, do not switch gears. you will only be disappointed.

LATS said:
my long, lost brother magoo is right. we all respond to the same stimulus. my system may not be as efficent as magoo's or vice versa but, the solution is never to up volume. i will say that if an individual hates training in hit or low volume fashion but, loves high volume then that is whgat they must do. training must first be looked froward to. to dread ones workouts is the first step to failure. personally, i dread the fact of spending hours on end in the gym since i work in one anyway. when a person does not respond to low volume it is usually obvious why when you watch them train. growth is not hard to come by. it is slow but, should not be stagnant. like magoo said, cause trauma (in other words cause a adaptive response) let muscle recup (in other words sound nutrition and rest) then hit it again. i truly believe anymore in the more frequent one can hit a bodypart the better one will respond to training. many will disagree but, ....the thing i tell my members is that if u can not train a muscle at least two times a week then you must a) reduce the amount of volume or b) reduce the in intensity so that you can hit that muscle more frequent. it is simple. when i was following a type of hit program i found that all i could do was two sets a bodypart if i went to failure. any more than that and i could not hit that bodypart again that week. yes, just one more set made it impossible for me t train that bodypart twice in a week. some might be able to get away with more but, not me. the thing that is universal in all is to stimulate growth as often as possible. when one comes to that conclusion then they will find high volume next to impossible. AND NO, ROIDS DO NOT GIVE YOU AN EXCUSE TO UP VOLUME. take advantage of their workings but, do not switch gears. you will only be disappointed.

everything ver well said and i couldnt agree more, the thing about roids as not an excuse id like to expand on. one should always find a routine they can grow off of then add aas and bam shit happens. yes aas help recovery immensely but they also put inroads to recovery due to say increasing each lift by 5 pounds a week while u may have done 2 pounds a week naturally, therefore u have created a greater stress but the recovery benefits of aas will balance it out. aas are an aid not a crutch like so many people use them far. i find it so true that peole find out they can grow off of so much less if they learn how to train right

hey lats, i thought you couldn't train but every other day. if you are hitting your muscles twice a week how do you split it up? or do you mean twice over eight days? basically the body is split into two workouts and you train eod? maybe i'm not doing the math correct.

eod one could hit a muscle group 3 times a week via hst training

sorry doug1, should have posted my split. here it is: please remember that i switch programs all the time but, the only thing constant is never training on consecutive days. on day 1 i will do chest, back, delts day 2 off day three legs, arms day 4 off day 5 repeat day 1

also , i would like to point out that i sometimes do not even train arms...they get enough work from the pecs, back, delts. so arms are about every other week. :D

I believe that you can hit each muscle group twice per week if your doing a HIT style training, You're not overtraining your muscles on any one given day then you should be able to hit them again in three days. Take care.

patk

GREAT INFORMATION THERE!

I'D ALSO LIKE TO THROW THIS IN.......ONE OF THE THINGS I SAW ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL ABOUT NAVY SEALS.......I THINK THEY HAD THOSE POOR BASTARDS OUT THERE SWIMMING IN COLD WATER UNTIL EXHAUSTION....SOME GUYS BODY TEMPERATURES WOULD JUST DROP TOO LOW UNTIL THEY WERE HYPOTHEMIC AND THEY COULDN'T GO ON........OTHER PEOPLE COULD TOLERATE IT AND MAINTAINED AN INTERNAL TEMP THAT ENABLED THEM TO KEEP SWIMMING LONGER. THAT SHOWS THERE ARE SITUATIONS PHYSICALLY THAT WE HAVE LITTLE CONTROL OVER. MY MAIN MISTAKE IS A FAILURE TO LISTEN TO WHAT MY BODY IS TELLING ME AT TIMES!

differences

some people respond to certain medications (or get side fx) - others don't. Some people tan fast, some slow, some not at all.
Was it Frank Zane that said completely educating yourself about your own body was as difficult as getting a PhD?

I go back and forth on this one though. It seems to me that we are much more alike than we are different. However, people that succeed in any endeavor always seem to do so by finding what works best for them. - CH

yes but its gotten to the point were people believe that they have individual genetic blue prints of they must do 4 sets per exercise, 3 exercises per bodypart with a combo of 1 set of each each exercise with a tut of 10 sec, the second with a tut of 24.3 sec, 3rd has tut of 56.7 and fourth has a tut of34 sec. of course these people can only work out monday, wed, thurs, sat, sun. if they work out on a tuesday it ruins them, believe me, we are not that different. its gotten really out of control there are a few variables u should care about and that is what is bio-individual

1)intensity
2)volume
3)frequency
4) fiber type

all i can say is read "scientific and logical training for lats" as it describes so well what i mean

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear