over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Everything getting smaller , except calves 🤨

If you weigh 240lbs, chances are big that they'll stay the same size just because they have that 240lbs weighing down upon them.

I've always felt that calves are the most bodyweight dependant body part so you COULD probably get them to shrink by lowering your BW. Not that I would do that because they look great as they are 🙂

Gunny in here just trolling all the small calves guys 😂

If you weigh 240lbs, chances are big that they'll stay the same size just because they have that 240lbs weighing down upon them.

I've always felt that calves are the most bodyweight dependant body part so you COULD probably get them to shrink by lowering your BW. Not that I would do that because they look great as they are 🙂
In my opinion they are the least body weight dependent body part based upon the people I know and have seen. They seem to have great calves no matter what their body weight. See paragraph below.

I am not at home now but when I get back I will post up a foto that might just prove my point. Don’t let me forget 😉 an extreme example perhaps, but an accurate example non the less.

Gunny in here just trolling all the small calves guys 😂
lol thats what i was thinking. like hey, 'ive got these big cinder blocks attached to my legs'
those are some immaculate calves, wear them with pride!

In my opinion they are the least body weight dependent body part based upon the people I know and have seen. They seem to have great calves no matter what their body weight. See paragraph below.

I am not at home now but when I get back I will post up a foto that might just prove my point. Don’t let me forget 😉 an extreme example perhaps, but an accurate example non the less.
Difference of opinion is always welcomed by me Ron so by all means, go ahead 😀

I can always learn...

A young Chris Dickerson, calves not bodyweight dependent here.

Attachments

• dickerson young.jpg
    dickerson young.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 9
Difference of opinion is always welcomed by me Ron so by all means, go ahead 😀

I can always learn...

I agree with Alfresco but it's not a yes/no thing and can depend upon the person imo. Calves are very durable muscles and hard to build but once someone builds them they are more likely to stay there even if they lose a lot of weight. Now I don't necessarily think posting a guy with awesome calf genetics proves the point because he will just have hyper responder calves and some people do and even just walking through life creates them. If I were to lose 100 pounds I would likely be skin and bones with some big traps :eek: Now sure if you have genetically weak calves if you build them up over years of effort if you suddenly just stop training and you lose weight they will be one of the first things to go compared to any naturally stronger body parts.

In my opinion those high-density muscles like calves linger the longest, especially if genetically gifted so. They will also get enough stimulation just walking around at your albeit reduced bodyweight.

In my opinion those high-density muscles like calves linger the longest, especially if genetically gifted so. They will also get enough stimulation just walking around at your albeit reduced bodyweight.
Yes!

I'm even under the impression that walking around on them, especially uphill, does more for their development than weight training them directly. Especially when on plenty of PEDs and at a high bodyweight.

Yes!

I'm even under the impression that walking around on them, especially uphill, does more for their development than weight training them directly. Especially when on plenty of PEDs and at a high bodyweight.

I have the walking up steep hills part (frequently) and even road biking up steep hills) but lack the plenty of PEDS part or the high body weight part. My calves have improved over time. They are far from good or great, it seems they are what they are regardless.

Maybe I should let a rattlesnake bite them (I used to capture and raise them), at least they would gain in size, if not only temporally.

Chris Dickerson has an twin brother who’s calves are as good if not better than his Olympian brother.

Casey Viator always had exceptional calves. His Dad has exceptional calves as does his sister. Both have never trained their calves.

Question for somebody with a bigger brain than mine (this should be easy). Why for instance do some Of the top pros, hell even a Mr. Olympia Dexter Jackson has about as close as you can get to zero calf development as does for instance somebody like Dennis Wolf. Both I believe have access to anything and everything that it takes to build calves and both have terrible calves regardless of what they do.

Good and interesting conversation.

I think we can all agree that great calves are largely genetic and stick around even when the get off the juice, lose weight, quit training them and as they watch other body parts atrophy.

We can all improve our calf’s, some more than others, but if you are not born with them they will never be an outstanding body part regardless of what you do and will atrophy like any other body part when you stop training them whereas the genetically gifted they get to pretty much get to keep them for life regardless of what they do.

Forearms are another great topic I am interested in and might be a fun thread to start seeing as how we have all remained so civil 😉

I'm not trying to get them to grow , I was just wondering why they are not getting smaller like everything else.??
I've lost a couple inches off my thighs (and everything else really) but my calves haven't budged.
I'm hoping I can keep my weight here around 245-240 and not lose any more but off I did get down to say 220 and they still didn't lose size I think they would look weird and out of proportion.
It’s your genetics.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity