over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Evolution.

I believe the Inuit eat mostly meat, and tons of saturated fat also (coming from seal meat, and sea lion)
incidentally they have the lowest occurrence of heart disease on the planet, and would have a high life expectancy if it wasnt for their alcohol consumption and their bodies inability to metabolize alcohol efficiently.

I believe the Inuit eat mostly meat, and tons of saturated fat also (coming from seal meat, and sea lion)
incidentally they have the lowest occurrence of heart disease on the planet, and would have a high life expectancy if it wasnt for their alcohol consumption and their bodies inability to metabolize alcohol efficiently.

I believe Scandinavians have a pretty similar diet (fish.. not seal lol) with a little more variety, and I know about their life span and health.

Here's one for you guys... and I posted this in another thread..

With so many people lactose intolerant, I mean a very large percentage of the world, larger than you would think (even if only to a certain degree).. Who thought to squeeze the udders of a meat-providing animal to drain it's milk, and then drink it for sustenance? I don't know of any other animal that drinks the milk of anothers. If I had to guess, I'd say our digestive systems aren't able to handle the milk of other mammals very well. Why would it be?

Look at the change in somebody who completely drops milk and dairy from their diet. Have you ever actually seen how much better things get?

It's like a dog that is fed commercial dog foods. Dogs switched over to meat, veggies, bones, and more raw natural foods end up being completely different dogs.. most of their health problems disappear within days, big drop in bodyfat, and an increase in muscle mass. They simply feel better and you can tell.

I think a very very large percentage of the world (the obese, the sick, the near-diabetic, the malnourished, the deficient, and those of us who could drop that little bit of extra fat or feel/sleep/perform better) simply eat foods that cause allergic reactions in our bodies, or lead to the accumulation of fat.

I have no doubt that a diet consisting of mostly red meat and fish with occasional fowl or poultry, along with fruits and vegetables indigenous to their native ancestors' environment, would be nothing short of ideal.

Now, though, I have a question. When did grains, wheats, and oats come about? Is this something we ate thousands of years ago? Is it necessary.. or beneficial? Or harmful?

If we want to constantly increase muscular size above that of what is naturally possible, literally changing our genetics via hormones, is insulin and the accommodating carbs necessary to carry more muscle than simply a lean, fit, healthy person?

May not make sense.. hopefully somebody sees where I'm going with this.

Now, though, I have a question. When did grains, wheats, and oats come about? Is this something we ate thousands of years ago? Is it necessary.. or beneficial? Or harmful?

There's evidence that early humans were eating wheat and grains 20,000-25,000 years ago.. It's speculated that they preferred ungulates (small, hoofed-animals), but as the population increased and competition arose, they started to seek out grains and such.. We've always been hunter gatherers, finding fruit, vegetables, nuts, stuff like that - but evidence of actual farming and cultivation isn't seen until roughly 10,000 years ago.. So even tho 15,000 years is just a blink of an eye in geological terms, that's how long it appears that humans were still just hunting and gathering their food, probably having their diet shift dramatically with the seasons, as different sources of food were available at that time of year.. Here's an article here - http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2004/06/28/1141794.htm

I really love thinking and reading about stuff like this too.. Just about this topic - I find it mind boggling how it shows that humans first ate grains 25K years ago, but didn't farm til 10K years ago.. So over those 15,000 years we were just hunter/gatherers doing the same basic thing.. Now 15,000 years - that's a LONG time as far as I'm concerned, in a context that we think about.. Yet we've only had electricity for only 100 years, mainstream internet for like 15 years.. It's like the changes that have taken place in the last 100 years are HUGE substantial changes.. Yet before that, humans were doing basically the same thing for thousands and thousands of years, lol.. With all these rapid changes we've had in these past 100 years, it's really crazy to think about what the world will be like in another 100, 1000, or 10,000 years.. Just sucks we'll never get to see it tho, but at least we were part of a time when these crazy changes were taking place - instead of living in a time like 15,000 years ago when there wasn't much going on.. But that's another thing I also love thinking about.. Like putting yourself in the shoes of someone who lived 15,000 years ago.. What was life like for them? How did things go day to day? I wonder if it was like people living in little villages - and the biggest toughest guy was just top dog that no one fucked with.. The big alpha-male probably got to bang all the little honeys as soon as they sprouted tits, lol.. Ah man, I could just ramble on and on about these abstract topics, hahah.

will all the milk talk, i found this nice little chart of lactose intolerance by race

http://nutrigenomics.ucdavis.edu/nu...?objectid=968814F6-65B3-C1E7-0C7007B71CC9959A

Table 1
% Hypolactasia (lactose intolerance)*

Race, Ethnicity, Country of Origin
Hypolactasia
Southeast Asians 98%
Asian Americans 90%
Alaskan Eskimo 80%
African-American Adults 79%
Mexicans (rural communities) 74%
North American Jews 69%
Greek Cypriots 66%
Cretans 56%
Mexican American Males 55%
Indian Adults 50%
African American Children 45%
Indian Children 20%
Descendents of N. Europeans 5%

good thread. Ive wondered about this stuff, and how even our lifestyle in the modern day will effect the evolution of future humans

and how even our lifestyle in the modern day will effect the evolution of future humans

Yea that's also something else that's pretty interesting to think about.. It's speculated that our future descendants will be shorter, less muscular, less hair, bigger heads and smarter.. Because as we continue to go thru generations where physical strength is no longer a criteria for successful survival, the genes responsible will slowly diminish..

Just think - with our closest ancestors (chimpanzees), where strength is a criteria for survival, the average chimp is what, like 10x stronger than the average human? Their strength is pretty ridiculous when you think about it - they can swing up in trees, effortlessly holding their entire body weight with a single limb..

And when you go back just 25,000 years or so - you had Neanderthals who were much stronger than humans themselves.. For them, strength again was an advantage.. They didn't have the smarts that humans had, who were using weapons to kill animals from far off into the distance, or better yet using pure intelligence to trap them or run them off a cliff, killing them with little physical effort.. But the Neanderthals were using brute force, taking them on in close quarters, wrestling them down, and killing with their bare hands.. For these guys strength DID matter - but the way natural selection works, the superior intelligence was deemed a better evolutionary trait, and the Neanderthals died off.. That was a good question someone asked about how much Test these guys had, and I bet it was definitely more than modern humans.. Man, can you imagine 1 of those guys all juiced out? lol.. On a related note, I bet the guys today in the high ranks who are pumping themselves full of massive amounts of AAS, HGH and shit - are resembling what a Neanderthal may have looked like - hahaha.

I'm curious what a human will look like in another 25,000 years - that is if we're still here.. They say since humans have total control of their environments now, that we have technically stopped evolution to some degree.. But as there'll continue to be less importance on physical strength, and more on intelligence, humans will very slowly get smaller and smarter.. But if there still always is a certain percentage of us that continue to lift, pushing for more strength/size, there will still always be some big dudes..

They do say that digesting lactose has been the most recent "evolution" of the human species. How true that is, I have no idea.

Nearly everyone in my family cannot handle milk. Me, no problem. Been drinking a few gallons a week for 20 years now.

Two of my friends are in the Muscle Asylum videos.. They are Indian (from India) and are vegitatians. They get all protein from Nuts and Protein shakes. These fuckers are pretty damn large. I am 100%, or damn close, Norweigian. I thought I would try their diet for a few months to see if it helped me.. I was fucking miserable, flat and lost all strength.

Evolution

Evolution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that some/all of these questions could be completely off-base and/or be completely speculative with no finite answer, but I'd like differing ideas on these topics. Hence my posting. On with it.

1. I notice that vegetarians are the sickliest people I know. I believe meat is absolutely necessary to survive and live well without a true deficiency. My rationale is that, because we have incisors, are bodies must be meant to chew, swallow, and digest flesh of animals. Would you agree with this?

2. Is it possible that people of Northern European descent wouldn't digest most fruits as well as somebody native to the area they're produced? An example would be that I wouldn't imagine that many Vikings ate bananas. Also, I know that Native Americans on average have a much higher chance of becoming lactose intolerant than most races. Would their particular digestive systems be less tolerant to perceived "strange" foods?

3. What would have been the likelihood that a human would eat MOSTLY flesh? We -hunted- primarily, no? Would we have even seeked veggies and oats etc? What were portions mostly like?

4. Does anybody know how much testosterone we would have likely produced compared to the established levels of the equivalent of 70-100mg per week currently, say.. 500, 1000, 5000 years ago? 600mg was proven to have few side affects in the New England Journal of Medicine. Perhaps, over time, these levels were diminished from much higher, but tolerable, natural hormone levels as we evolved and had less competition in regards to reproduction? Does anyone know, or know where to find out, the testosterone levels produced by primates? Wild or captive?

5. Going back to one of my earlier questions, would it be likely that eating the foods indigenous to our own ancestor's environment would be better for us in every regard (muscle growth, bodyfat accumulation, health, sleep, psyche, etc)? Would it be possible to make a list of best foods for people of different races? EXAMPLE:

Northern Native American:
- Red meat - in the form of elk, deer, rabbits (I bet ya didn't know rabbit was red meat...)
- Fish (lake fish and salmon)
- Nuts
- Berries.. not many other fruits (more specifically.. "bush berries".. raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- Various herbs

Asians would include mostly fish, rice, and vegetables, etc.

Inuit would be mostly fish and some seaweed? Correct me if I'm wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by jrs; 05-14-2009 at 03:00 AM.

JRS: some great speculation. Here's the evidence I know about from anthropology--my field in a general sense.

1) homo homo sapiens, like all primates are omnivores. We eat everything (go to China and see). The ratio and food types differ from chimps & other other cousins to us, but humans dentition is designed to both tear meat and grind plants (molars). Most primates & other great apes (gorillas, urangs, chimps) are primarily fruit eaters and their teeth reflect this. (But chimps eat meat and go hunting-savagely.)

2) Modern man and what he eats is often determined more by culture than by what is available climate or geography. We in the US don't eat insect, but there a millions of kinds of tasty and rich beetles, grubs & the like. Native Americans, coming here perhaps 20-to maybe 25, 000 yrs ago (timeline debated) brought along their dietary preferences. Some tribes did eat grubs, some did not. Meat eating in the plains was greatly increased by the re-introduction of the horse around the 16th century and these tribes increased their population dramatically.

Some plants do indeed make some people sick but ingenious methods were devised to make them digestible (heat, chemicals, combinations with other plants, fermentation). Lactose intolerance is due to genes common to many gene groups--Africans being a big one. But then again, some Africans also eat all sorts of dairy. It depends on the type of dairy-cheese/whey being different chemically than straight milk. And it also depends upon custom--if only babies eat milk then an adult is given it after yrs of abstinence, their flora has died out & they will get sick. If they have continuously had milk, no problem.

3) Until recently humans were primarily scavengers. One theory is that wolves taught men how to hunt in groups. Animal protein is far more efficient to build muscle than plant, and requires less work. This frees up time for culture--and gossip.
Other primates & esp great apes spend all day eating--sleeping--then time in social interacting & sex (Bonobo chimps). Not us.

4) There is no way to know the endocrinology of an extinct animal. Speculation: You could check a primatology text book to see the biblio about other primates & the great apes. Or ask a local university anthro dept. I suspect we are high on the list. (I'm not a physical anthropologist, so I'm guessing here.) You also need to see a Food Anthropologist.

As for Neanderthals & test levels, I don't know. But gorillas are extremely strong but also, very gentle, so you can't equate strength with test. Neanderthals are a specialized form which adapted to glaciations. The Max Planck Institute for Human Evolution says we split 500,000 years ago but that we still shared many, many genes--Neanderthals could most likely talk, for instance. Where they stupid? No, they created art and were quite sophisticated. Why are they extinct? Recent evidence that modern man was eating Neanderthals (do a google). You might ask Chris Stringer British Natural History Museum. .

5) Races: this is sociological, not biological. There are as many races as you need to be bigoted, get a government grant, or appear to be fair in a corporate environment. In nature there are gene pools which are not distinct and merge with each other like a rainbow. (Africa has the most, by far.)

It is a fallacy to assume that at some mythical time there were distinct groups. Apes are always having sex and homo homo sapients more than any--we have the largest phallus and copulate the longest (baboons average 12 pelvic thrusts. Science is fun.) We are all mixed up.

Most ethnic diets, before modern agribusiness and Monsanto, were seasonal and quite varied. (Think about heirloom fruits if you live on a farm.) Before European expansion there were grain (Europe), rice, (Asia), potato (S. America) and yam (W. Africa, not native) based civilizations. But these incredible crops were spread around by 1800 and they are bio-available to everyone on the planet. (Think Mutiny on the Bounty). The modern industrialized world uses about 11 crops. The Peruvian Potato Institute, lists over 3,000 separate types of potatoes alone. Commercial food is basically anything that you can kick around for weeks then leave on a dock & still sell for a profit. Nutrition isn't important. There is a very important modern movement to bank heirloom veggies. It may be that some heirloom carrot or whatever has a special enzyme which could then be used for medicine. I think bodybuilders and anyone dedicated to health and food, such look into this.

The evidence from Sickle Cell Anemia in Africa suggests that a serious genetic modifications can quickly enter any population. Around 2000 BC a certain type of farming was introduced to E. Africa which provided a haven for mosquitoes which gave people malaria. Quite quickly, a genetic mutation was selected--the Sickle Cell advantage (you don't get malaria but you die painfully & young--but AFTER reproductive years). Looking at indigenous foods, there would have been an advantage for any one group to develop along with any local food source, but unlike mosquitoes, the food source would not be static, it would most likely change due to human activities. In an isolated island population (genetically a big deal), the change would be less since it would only be ecological destruction and not the continuous introduction of new types.

There is, however, evidence from death rates of force labor in Japanese camps during WWII which indicates that the Asians survived better on the meager rations given as the prisoners were worked to death. However, this may be because the Japanese tortured and humiliated the Europeans more due to cultural motivations and left the Asians alone. (I haven't read this study in 30 years, but I think it is tied to blood groups.)

My thoughts, Jim

If I did the blood type diet I wouldn't be allowed to eat chicken or tomato, which I love sauce since I'm part Italian.

I tried it anyway and notice adding in chicken didn't affect much, but adding back tomatoes or anything made from corn did. Also I'm suppose to be able eat a lot of dairy on this diet and I'm borderline lactose intolerant, so go figure.

The way I see it e were meant to eat mostly protein and fat as hunters and gathers. Nuts, berries, MEAT.

Well, about vegitarians...

We humans are ment to eat RAW meat, raw meat has enzymes that help with digesting it, when you cook/fry/grill the meat those digestive enzymes are lost.

So yeah, meat as we eat it today isnt what our bodys are used to. But we are adaptable, the big problem is pollution and poisnous chemicals in food and water.

For example fruits like apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, pears etc... they are all sprayed with poisenous chemicals and anti molding substances that is very unhealthy. And unnatural fertilizers are behing used on the fields and... well... it doesnt do our body good! They say it is so small amount that its not dangerous, but really, think for yourself it all adds up, if pretty much every thing you eat has little but not a dangerous dose of poisenous chemicals, there is still chemicals in it, and if you get those poisenous chemicals in you several times a day for every day of your life, little by little... im telling you... your getting affected. And you can see that for example in testosterone levels in males nowdays, its getting lower for every generation.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear