over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

excessive use of insulin

musha03

Registered
I have been using humalog many years 2 or 3 times a week before workouts. Of course, before 10 iu before workout i have my carb drink and other supplements. I feel insulin does stress out the body to work harder, shuttle in all the nutrients but too much is not good if u have other health issues. Im was finding i was getting smaller . Maybe the insulin was worsening another health condition i was experiencing. I was getting major itchy rashes on my arms and at time other parts of the body.This has been going on and off for 4 to 5 years. I couldnt figure it out . I had other symptoms like fatigue,digestion problems ,pain,insomnia.... After a ton of reading , im thinking i have had candida or leaky gut. candida is when the bad bacteria in the gut overgrows and many sweet carbs with make it worse. Has anyone gone through something like this?

I still don't understand why people are using Insulin pre workout. Doing so will have you drink lots of carbs just to cover the Insulin diverting the blood from muscle tissue to your digestive track. If someone is concerned with optimum glycogen stores in the muscle, one could use insulin with a meal first thing in the morning with a lot of carbs or any mean before the workout. Using Humalog after would make more sense. I think people are too paranoid about their glycogen levels during a workout. If you are eating enough carbs throughout the day this should not be an issue.

I still don't understand why people are using Insulin pre workout. Doing so will have you drink lots of carbs just to cover the Insulin diverting the blood from muscle tissue to your digestive track. If someone is concerned with optimum glycogen stores in the muscle, one could use insulin with a meal first thing in the morning with a lot of carbs or any mean before the workout. Using Humalog after would make more sense. I think people are too paranoid about their glycogen levels during a workout. If you are eating enough carbs throughout the day this should not be an issue.
I used to do that a while back ,take insulin and gh after workouts not before .I was at my prime back then .. now ... 2 workouts without slin and im beginning to like it . Thanks for your comments ..I need to change things up as im been doing the slin preworkout for too long and i think i have been going downhill for a while with problems.

That’s a long time to be using slin. I think it’s best used in a cyclical approach like gear. I would take a break and hopefully you will see some of your issues resolve.

That’s a long time to be using slin. I think it’s best used in a cyclical approach like gear. I would take a break and hopefully you will see some of your issues resolve.
Yes, i should have taken a break , maybe a couple of months off or so. I plan to not do slin for a while .

I have not done one workout without pre insulin for at least 5-6 years
And how are your gains ? How many times of week do u use the slin? I know i have had other health issues and maybe the slin with the carbs made it worse. Im 58 now and been around gear , gh ,slin for many years. Maybe its the wear and tear on the body as well as the mind as we get older has an effect. I know when i was in my 40`s , bodybuilding was much better and easier.

And how are your gains ? How many times of week do u use the slin? I know i have had other health issues and maybe the slin with the carbs made it worse. Im 58 now and been around gear , gh ,slin for many years. Maybe its the wear and tear on the body as well as the mind as we get older has an effect. I know when i was in my 40`s , bodybuilding was much better and easier.
every day 2-4 times a day humalog depending on the period in which I am, lantus 2-3 times a week

But if you are 58 years old, I would rather not follow what I do in your shoes lol

Just curious luki...how long before the workout do you pin your insulin? Do you pin it right before you enter the gym, then begin to sip on your intra-drink?

I doubt all your issues are due to insulin usage... especially 10iu humalog 2-3 per week. How is your diet? Bodyfat? Do you have any allergies? Have you done a food diary eliminating problem foods? AAS? Doses? Any painkillers or other drugs? Stress? Carb choices when using insulin? Carbs during the rest of the day? Pounding certain carbs as a result of using insulin is likely going to cause more issues than the insulin itself if you have gut issues.

I have been using humalog many years 2 or 3 times a week before workouts. Of course, before 10 iu before workout i have my carb drink and other supplements. I feel insulin does stress out the body to work harder, shuttle in all the nutrients but too much is not good if u have other health issues. Im was finding i was getting smaller . Maybe the insulin was worsening another health condition i was experiencing. I was getting major itchy rashes on my arms and at time other parts of the body.This has been going on and off for 4 to 5 years. I couldnt figure it out . I had other symptoms like fatigue,digestion problems ,pain,insomnia.... After a ton of reading , im thinking i have had candida or leaky gut. candida is when the bad bacteria in the gut overgrows and many sweet carbs with make it worse. Has anyone gone through something like this?
What about going to a doctor instead of guessing?

It seems to work for you. Many guys don't feel well working out with a pre workout insulin shot. I do understand the concept, however, how much glycogen is a person really depleting during a workout? Even if the workout is intense and long, unless you are already glycogen depleted there should be enough muscle glycogen to get a person through the workout. Hyperamioacidemia and glycogen loading is when I would want to use Humalog after training. Not saying what you're doing is wrong Luki, I am just not convinced that Insulin pre workout will make a difference. Drinking carbs, amino acids and what have you during a workout will divert blood from muscle tissue. Besides, after a workout is when muscle is primed for glycogen and amino acid intake for hours after the workout.

It seems to work for you. Many guys don't feel well working out with a pre workout insulin shot. I do understand the concept, however, how much glycogen is a person really depleting during a workout? Even if the workout is intense and long, unless you are already glycogen depleted there should be enough muscle glycogen to get a person through the workout. Hyperamioacidemia and glycogen loading is when I would want to use Humalog after training. Not saying what you're doing is wrong Luki, I am just not convinced that Insulin pre workout will make a difference. Drinking carbs, amino acids and what have you during a workout will divert blood from muscle tissue. Besides, after a workout is when muscle is primed for glycogen and amino acid intake for hours after the workout.
You know I am couching many bodybuilders at national and international level, and even had two that I got IFBB PRO status, 90% of my clients use insulin both before and after training and I guarantee you that 90% of top level bodybuilders are using insuin before training . I'm not going to argue if it's good or bad but it works great

You know I am couching many bodybuilders at national and international level, and even had two that I got IFBB PRO status, 90% of my clients use insulin both before and after training and I guarantee you that 90% of top level bodybuilders are using insuin before training . I'm not going to argue if it's good or bad but it works
I'm not doubting what you do Luki. I'm looking for an explanation to why doing Insulin pre workout is a good idea. I'm not looking for an argument or a fight :)

Using slin long term is completely fine if you are monitoring everything else.
I've used slin AT LEAST once a week for the past 5 years. No health markers or cause of concern ever.

I understand what you tried to get at Big but you're rotating arguments against preWO insulin now.
"Isn't it bad that all the blood is pulling toward your digestion?"
No, that's the entire reason for fast digesting carbs/aminos/protein.
The types of products we have on the market now, digestion is VERY FAST and you are not pulling blood away from your muscles. Thats just

"Many guys don't feel well."
I've never even heard that. Those guys must be random gym bros and at that point, shouldn't be messing with insulin anways. Any decent level BBer i know, uses preWO insulin at some points during the year.

"But you don't need it because you cant be that depleted."
That statement can be used against ANY insulin usage.
And workout volume is heavily dependant. Personally, as a "growing big" measure, i need to be full all the time.
If you're goal is to grow, you should spend the majority of your week FILLED UP. Totally understand that's now the logic when you are dieting though.

Using slin long term is completely fine if you are monitoring everything else.
I've used slin AT LEAST once a week for the past 5 years. No health markers or cause of concern ever.

I understand what you tried to get at Big but you're rotating arguments against preWO insulin now.
"Isn't it bad that all the blood is pulling toward your digestion?"
No, that's the entire reason for fast digesting carbs/aminos/protein.
The types of products we have on the market now, digestion is VERY FAST and you are not pulling blood away from your muscles. Thats just

"Many guys don't feel well."
I've never even heard that. Those guys must be random gym bros and at that point, shouldn't be messing with insulin anways. Any decent level BBer i know, uses preWO insulin at some points during the year.

"But you don't need it because you cant be that depleted."
That statement can be used against ANY insulin usage.
And workout volume is heavily dependant. Personally, as a "growing big" measure, i need to be full all the time.
If you're goal is to grow, you should spend the majority of your week FILLED UP. Totally understand that's now the logic when you are dieting though.
I agree. Ive used pre workout insulin for years and have never come close to going hypo or feeling bad. It actually gives me a great boost in the gym.

While a properly fed BB will undoubtedly have enough glycogen to perform a training session that does not mean one cannot train harder and improve results by topping off with intra nutrition. Doable and optimal are not the same.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear