over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Exercise selection for beat up meat heads

intensevolume1

Registered
Newbies
What are some exercises you do that still allow you to train hard after years of wear and tear?

here's some that I really like that don't aggravate my old injuries

Reverse Nordic curls love these as an alternative to leg extensions

Another quad movement
Somersault squats these are awesome when my lower back is aggravated and it's risky to load it

Over db fly (I can no longer do over head presses but these give me no issues)

Cbl scoop fly

Nice options here and I'm gonna try these as my back and knees are beat up. At 60 I can't afford to get any more injury.

Thanks for sharing and this ought to be a great thread for alternate exercises when you can't do the main ones anymore.

I switched to a Swiss bar for bench press. The grip angle doesn't aggregate my elbows and one shoulder as much as a straight bar. Made the switch to an angled grip bar for lat pull down too.

Good thread... I need to figure out some chest options that won't aggravate my right shoulder. Bummed me out to start making some decent progress then have to back off.

I switched to a Swiss bar for bench press. The grip angle doesn't aggregate my elbows and one shoulder as much as a straight bar. Made the switch to an angled grip bar for lat pull down too.
The Mags have a nice angled grip and I love it.

Freaking sling shot has me pressing again without pain!

This x2

Credit goes to @danieltx

I have the weakest one, and the medium one.

The weak one is great for incline, dips, weighted pushups.

The medium one I use to flat BB press. It turns the flat bench into basically a compound tricep destroyer. Many times I’ve had to “oh shit” rack it on the middle peg of the bench lol

Good thread... I need to figure out some chest options that won't aggravate my right shoulder. Bummed me out to start making some decent progress then have to back off.

Try a dumbbell shrug in front. This is the best video I could find but I prefer a dumbbell. Start with it at your side and rotate the weight in front while pulling up. The pec connects to the clavicle, that is where you should feel it. All upper chest and no pain on the shoulders.

This x2

Credit goes to @danieltx

The medium one I use to flat BB press. It turns the flat bench into basically a compound tricep destroyer. Many times I’ve had to “oh shit” rack it on the middle peg of the bench lol
One hundred percent i credit Daniel,one of the most helpful guys here.

Here's one I forgot to add that's helped my shoulders a ton I'll do them for sets of 20-30
For me that would be a shoulder DESTROYER. Heck no!

The one Dr. Scott is performing look great, going to try those. Thank you.

This x2

Credit goes to @danieltx

One hundred percent i credit Daniel,one of the most helpful guys here.
I appreciate the kind words guys. As a non-competitor my legacy in bodybuilding is helping y'all get from point A to point B as efficiently as possible.

Funny enough I'm actually at the gym using my Slingshot right now!

What are some exercises you do that still allow you to train hard after years of wear and tear?

here's some that I really like that don't aggravate my old injuries

Reverse Nordic curls love these as an alternative to leg extensions

Another quad movement
Somersault squats these are awesome when my lower back is aggravated and it's risky to load it

Over db fly (I can no longer do over head presses but these give me no issues)

Cbl scoop fly
Thanks so much for this thread! Lots of great ideas for Muscle Rounds, The bottom three I’m already doing and I’m definitely going to incorporate those Balboas and Nordic Leg Extensions!

the kabuki shoulderok (or easy to DIY a version yourself) is the single greatest thing one can do to keep shoulders healthy from a non pharmaceutical standpoint. You can train, hell even build, great shoulders with no direct pressing. Lateral raises, properly done upright rows (shoulder width grip, stop the raise at clavicle) and rear delt rows. All should be easy to do even if you are beat up and dont have an existing shoulder injury.

I appreciate the kind words guys. As a non-competitor my legacy in bodybuilding is helping y'all get from point A to point B as efficiently as possible.

Funny enough I'm actually at the gym using my Slingshot right now!
Do you use the SS on your heavy/top sets, all sets other than WU's? If you covered this in detail I apologize and I'll hunt it down. Thank you!

I do have one already but never used it for much more than PU's.

Try a dumbbell shrug in front. This is the best video I could find but I prefer a dumbbell. Start with it at your side and rotate the weight in front while pulling up. The pec connects to the clavicle, that is where you should feel it. All upper chest and no pain on the shoulders.
Huh... I need to figure that out. From that video I can't see how it's not just a trap workout. I will give it a shot though.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bignattydaddy84
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131