over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experience coming OFF metformin?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sorry another Metformin thread...

I've been taking it for 4 years and I am deciding to finally try to come off because I simply can't deal with my crippling heartburn anymore (regardless of dose) that is basically choking me. I assume it is a result of metformin these past several years so I am trying to stop it.

It's been nearly 48 hours since my last dose and I still have heartburn though. Now I'm not sure what to think. If it persists, I will start up Metformin again because I absolutely do not want to stop taking it. This is completely forced.

How long did it take this side to go away for those of you who stopped Metformin?

Metformin works very subtly for me, I usually take a couple months off of everything every year. This past year when I stopped the met I felt like I didn’t stay as tight, bad food affected me a lot more. Sorry I know you’re probably looking for more in depth than that but I was coming off of a lot of stuff so it’s hard to pin point.

Met also gives me terrible heartburn, let me know what you end up figuring out with that please!

I've been taking it for 4 years and I am deciding to finally try to come off because I simply can't deal with my crippling heartburn anymore (regardless of dose) that is basically choking me. I assume it is a result of metformin these past several years so I am trying to stop it.

It's been nearly 48 hours since my last dose and I still have heartburn though. Now I'm not sure what to think. If it persists, I will start up Metformin again because I absolutely do not want to stop taking it. This is completely forced.

How long did it take this side to go away for those of you who stopped Metformin?

dawg u put up for 4 years with that suffering before thinking thats it i have had enough of the sides lmao. U deserve a fucking Oscar for it.

i have my wifes 90 percent of the family on it and the sife effects they exp they talk about with each other and i hear it. When there doc put them off met they feel its big achievement and they feel blessed and happy ,and dont want to go back on it again but cos of their poor eating habits they end up getting put back on it sooner or later unfortunately.

Thats anecdotal evidence plenty for me. dont care what life extension article says longevity etc. I used it in diff dosages and types slow release /fast release , for a bit as guys here keep raving about it non stop and I felt what i often hear from her side of the family in their conversations.

The point is if its affecting your quality of life today is it worth it even if it does something towards the longevity. I dont think so.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
dawg u put up for 4 years with that suffering before thinking thats it i have had enough of the sides lmao. U deserve a fucking Oscar for it.

i have my wifes 90 percent of the family on it and the sife effects they exp they talk about with each other and i hear it. When there doc put them off met they feel its big achievement and they feel blessed and happy ,and dont want to go back on it again but cos of their poor eating habits they end up getting put back on it sooner or later unfortunately.

Thats anecdotal evidence plenty for me. dont care what life extension article says longevity etc. I used it in diff dosages and types slow release /fast release , for a bit as guys here keep raving about it non stop and I felt what i often hear from her side of the family in their conversations.

The point is if its affecting your quality of life today is it worth it even if it does something towards the longevity. I dont think so.

A longer shitty life sounds like torture to me. I hated metformin.

Ok but how long did it take for their heartburn to go away when they stopped lol

Give it a few more days. 4 straight years to be on it is a long fkn time. If it doesn't stop, then maybe re-access other supplements you're taking that could be causing it. I've never experienced heart burn but the acid reflux once I got up to 2 grams. That went away pretty quick once I dropped the dose.

Ok but how long did it take for their heartburn to go away when they stopped lol
I will ask them lot I am seeing them on 10th June for a family meet. Plenty of clinical subjects been on it for decades, real veterans of met will make u look lightweight dawg. the sugar cravings run in their blood like cocaine till the day they die . proper hardcore lol

I will ask them lot I am seeing them on 10th June for a family meet. Plenty of clinical subjects been on it for decades, real veterans of met will make u look lightweight dawg. the sugar cravings run in their blood like cocaine till the day they die . proper hardcore lol

Lol, I am well aware of mostly everything there is to know about Metformin, which is why I have been sucking up all the belching all this time. But you are right that it has taken away from feeling good and that's the point I need to cut back, assuming Metformin is the reason for this. Just wondering why it hasn't gone away after two days of not using it. I read it could take up to 4 days to leave the body fully though so maybe I need another couple of days.

More than likely you're one of the few that have developed (epigenetic) or have a genetic polymorphism defunk on reduced function of a little gastric protein helper that plays a functional role in metformins gastric uptake and transport. Namely, organic cation transporter 1. Then there's the whole interplay of gastric serotonin transporters and histamine activation that metformin actively plays with.

During your transition you could temporarily take some Dramamine to see if that helps.

More than likely you're one of the few that have developed (epigenetic) or have a genetic polymorphism defunk on reduced function of a little gastric protein helper that plays a functional role in metformins gastric uptake and transport. Namely, organic cation transporter 1. Then there's the whole interplay of gastric serotonin transporters and histamine activation that metformin actively plays with.

During your transition you could temporarily take some Dramamine to see if that helps.

I have a rare genetic disorder because I burp all day on Metformin? I see plenty of people reporting it when I search online. What makes you think this to be the case? No one else in my family ever gets heartburn and they don't use Metformin. I never had it previously. I don't get diarrhea or anything other Metformin users get.

I have Promethease, Found Your Fitness, and 23andme DNA tests. The only one I see that has Metformin in it is Promethease. Here is what it says for my genes regarding Metformin
rs4585(T;T)
slightly poorer (0.75x) response to metformin in type 2 diabetics

That probably doesn't mean much in terms of what you said but most of my DNA reports have told me I'm pretty normal overall without any rare genetic disorders.

Would any of those tests I got tell me whether I have this gene that you are talking about?

Last edited:
All I can contribute is I take 500mg ER Metformin 2x day for years now. Many things can give me heartburn type feelings and acid reflux. High tren, orals, certain greasy foods, overeating, stress... But I can't attribute metformin to having ever given me heartburn directly. That doesn't mean it's not causing it for you. But looking at other possibilities also would be wise.

I think your trial and error approach of removing items and seeing how it changes is the best way to go about it until you narrow it down. You may have to take everything out until it gets better then add things back in slowly to gauge their effect.

Last edited:
All I can contribute is I take 500mg ER Metformin 2x day for years now. Many things can give me heartburn type feelings and acid reflux. High tren, orals, certain greasy foods, overeating, stress... But I can't attribute metformin to having ever given me heartburn directly. That doesn't mean it's not causing it for you. But looking at other possibilities also would be wise.

I think your trial and error approach of removing items and seeing how it changes is the best way to go about it until you narrow it down. You may have to take everything out until it gets better then add things back in slowly to gauge their effect.

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. I think it is Metformin. I never had anything like this a few years ago pre-Metformin. I tried no caffeine for a day and that didn't do anything (thank god because I don't want to stop drinking coffee). Tried no citrus bergamot (saw a guy on amazon saw he got it from that) and that didn't help either. Can't figure out what else I'm taking that it could be. Out of everything I take, it seems most users online complain about heartburn from Metformin more than anything else I take.

I have a rare genetic disorder because I burp all day on Metformin? I see plenty of people reporting it when I search online. What makes you think this to be the case? No one else in my family ever gets heartburn and they don't use Metformin. I never had it previously. I don't get diarrhea or anything other Metformin users get.

I have Promethease, Found Your Fitness, and 23andme DNA tests. The only one I see that has Metformin in it is Promethease. Here is what it says for my genes regarding Metformin
rs4585(T;T)
slightly poorer (0.75x) response to metformin in type 2 diabetics

That probably doesn't mean much in terms of what you said but most of my DNA reports have told me I'm pretty normal overall without any rare genetic disorders.

Would any of those tests I got tell me whether I have this gene that you are talking about?

23andme is cool in a sense of looking at a very, very small minute fraction of your genomic makeup, like only 600,000 SNP's of approximately your 6 billion DNA letter sequencing. Respectively, that's a small amount.

Nonetheless, according to your 23andme genotyping analysis you show mild non-responsiveness to metformin. Whether or not your particular single nucleotide polymorphisms typing is closely tied to the gastro side effects you're experiencing, I dunno? Haven't looked into it.

I'll leave you with this. It may or may not relate to you.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064645/

When and what dose did you start noticing the heartburn?

When and what dose did you start noticing the heartburn?

I wish I can remember if it started as soon as I started taking Metformin or a bit after. I really didn't pay much attention until it really became daily and crippling.

Been about 53 hours since my last dose and I'm starting to think it might not be Metformin now.

May have no choice but to get an endoscopy

23andme is cool in a sense of looking at a very, very small minute fraction of your genomic makeup, like only 600,000 SNP's of approximately your 6 billion DNA letter sequencing. Respectively, that's a small amount.

Nonetheless, according to your 23andme genotyping analysis you show mild non-responsiveness to metformin. Whether or not your particular single nucleotide polymorphisms typing is closely tied to the gastro side effects you're experiencing, I dunno? Haven't looked into it.

I'll leave you with this. It may or may not relate to you.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064645/

I'm not sure if you're familiar with Promethease or not but that links the 23andme results to give an extremely long and complicated (probably far less complicated for you than anyone else) set of DNA results. Nonetheless, all it has on Metformin was what I posted, which I didn't expect to be too relevant when it comes to this.

Thanks for the link. I tried to search the name and initials of that variant into my Promethease results and nothing came up. I don't know whether that means I don't have it or it just doesn't test for that gene.

NH, maybe it's a combination of all the health supps you take bro? I thought metformin was giving me heartburn last year but this year I am taking it fine without issue and I have no heartburn even on tren now! I reduced the amount of oral stuff I take to the bare minimums and switched my test from cyp to prop, never felt better no acid reflux, heartburn, or indigestion which was unheard for me past few years. I first noticed relief when I reduced all oral tabs, caps, etc. I then saw complete relief after switching to test prop. Idk, might be in my head but for whatever reason right now I have no issues and I'm running tren again with no issue.

NH, maybe it's a combination of all the health supps you take bro? I thought metformin was giving me heartburn last year but this year I am taking it fine without issue and I have no heartburn even on tren now! I reduced the amount of oral stuff I take to the bare minimums and switched my test from cyp to prop, never felt better no acid reflux, heartburn, or indigestion which was unheard for me past few years. I first noticed relief when I reduced all oral tabs, caps, etc. I then saw complete relief after switching to test prop. Idk, might be in my head but for whatever reason right now I have no issues and I'm running tren again with no issue.

Oh it could certainly be a combo man. I just can't think of what specifically. I have tried removing things for a few days to see and nothing has fixed the issue. I'm going to try not drinking any apple cider vinegar tomorrow and see if that helps, but I do recall the issue beginning before introducing ACV. Even though ACV is supposed to help, it might not even be an acid issue so who knows.

I remember you used to get bad heartburn so it's great to see you don't have it anymore. Which oral tabs did you stop taking before switching to test prop? Were these health supplements or AAS orals? Curious which ones you dropped

NH, is the heartburn all day or is it after breakfast when you take your morning health supps and food?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws