over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experience with Zoloft

suppdude

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone have any experience or insight? What you noticed mental and physical?

Yes when I was younger I was on it for about 8 years 100mg daily. I got off of it when I decided to do trt after a blood test. I had brain zaps coming off. My wife is on 50mg daily huge improvement in overall mood.

I dont think its for everyone. I was prescribed 100mg daily for few years I took it then met my wife. I decided to stop taking it. I don't think I felt very different tbh.
I personally recommend changing thoughts and behaviours over taking a medication to alter chemistry in your brain.
-F2S

I personally recommend changing thoughts and behaviours over taking a medication to alter chemistry in your brain.
-F2S

Or better yet, get every blood test imagineable to find the deficiency that might be causing it. Sometimes, the solution is a lot more simple than we realize.

Otherwise, I haven't heard the greatest things about Zoloft but I've never taken it.

I’ve had some very weird neurological issues lately that I’ve never experienced before. It is very very hard to describe what is going on in my head but its mainly in the frontal lobe area. Went in to see the doc and was prescribed Zoloft. Figure I’d give it a try. They recommended riboflavin (b2), coq10, and magnesium glycinate, already taking ubiquinol and mag gly. Ordered the b2 at 400mg.

Or better yet, get every blood test imagineable to find the deficiency that might be causing it. Sometimes, the solution is a lot more simple than we realize.
I actually wanted to do this at first. Any tests off top of your head you can think of via blood test? Literally just got bloods but nothing for this issue.

Have a bottle sitting on my shelf. been there for two years afraid to take it. Some praise it, others say one of the worst withdrawals coming off.

Have a bottle sitting on my shelf. been there for two years afraid to take it. Some praise it, others say one of the worst withdrawals coming off.
it sucks coming off. I remember 3-5 days of feeling fuzzy.... is best way to describe it. just felt odd. equilibrim off head just feeling foggy...
not a fan of meds like that at all. and I tried em all.
prayer, meditation, discipline, healthy routine all help way more imo. I think a pill is a bandaid. the things I mentioned are the true fix.
-F2S

My wife and daughter both take it for anxiety and sing its praises. In both cases, the decision to medicate were not taken lightly and both would ideally prefer not to be on them, but after experiencing life both with and without, they insist on the Zoloft.

i have horrible depression . i am on zoloft right now 100mgs daily. for me its really seasonal that gets me the most. in the winter and on rainy days i feel the zoloft helps me from blowing my head off, but when its nice and sunny i feel awsome anyways. when i forget or just dont take i get 'glitches' in my head...when i described it to my doc he knew exactly what i was expericing. i described it as if you are watching tv and the picture glitches, thats what happens inside my brain. i think it def effects my sex drive wife and i have not had sex in 2 mths

i was 19. had a horrible experience with it. made me lethargic and i wanted to sleep for 12 hrs a day, had no motivation, and had horrible cravings for junk food. my energy was completely zapped. Now, can i say it was 100% from Zoloft? No i can't but i can tell you that when i stopped using it i felt better. Maybe it just wasn't for me. Was only on it for a few months.

It's a great med if you don't mind having sexual side effects.

The sexual side effects of SRI's are the reason I'm on Mirtazapine instead of an SRI, no sexual side effects with Mirtazapine.

I’ve had some very weird neurological issues lately that I’ve never experienced before. It is very very hard to describe what is going on in my head but its mainly in the frontal lobe area. Went in to see the doc and was prescribed Zoloft. Figure I’d give it a try. They recommended riboflavin (b2), coq10, and magnesium glycinate, already taking ubiquinol and mag gly. Ordered the b2 at 400mg.
Can you tell us what you feel?

I took for a very short period when I was 17, to me it felt very artificial which is difficult to explain. Like my brain was sending myself signals to be happy but I knew it was fake and I shouldn’t be happy, difficult to describe. I only lasted a couple weeks on it.

Did pass them to a friend though and they were a miracle for him with an OCD issue. Everyone is different I suppose.

Can you tell us what you feel?
Bro, I wish I could. I tried explaining the symptoms to my physician and I just had no exact answer because I couldn’t describe the feeling. It's almost as if there’s something racing in my frontal lobe causing a sort of painful throbbing (not a pain like you had broke your arm or anything like that)/very very very irritating feeling. It’ll last pretty much all day, sometimes far worse than others. Mood is drastically changed. My legs have been EXTREMELY heavy and tired (not normal).

All I know its been going on for about 8 weeks+ out of no where and if I had to live with that feeling every day, I’m not sure I would survive.

Zoloft might not be the answer but I needed to get in and see someone ASAP.

It is great to see everybody sharing their experiences. This really helps to de-stigmatize
mental health issues as they are just like physical issues. And you are all individuals . . .
just like everybody else.

Even when psychoactive drugs are prescribed by good, experienced, psychiatrist, the
results will be very individual just like some of the powerful, specialized steroids. You
simply cannot dismiss the ‘individual’ component psychoactive drugs. The ones that are
fortunate enough to get the right ‘drug’ for them the first time it is prescribed, which is,
dare I say, most people; my heart sings for you. For those of you that experience the
seemingly endless trial and error process; my heart cries for you.

For many, mental health issues are physical; an imbalance or absence of certain chemicals
in the brain. Much like diabetics for instance, their bodies do not create insulin. The same
is true with some, certain, mental health issues. And no amount of prayer, meditation,
positive thinking will change that. Unfortunately, there are no blood tests to ascertain what
psychoactive drug is best for you so, for some, unfortunately, you may be in for a roller
coaster ride. If you are, I truly hope it is a short one. For some, many of the non-chemical
methods used manage or change your mental health are very useful and do help many
people. And that is wonderful, worth trying, and is the ideal protocol. But, unfortunately,
for some it does not work, hence psychoactive drugs. They are a game changer and have
saved more lives than it has destroyed and made the lives of many worth living. And for
those that chose a no-chemical approach, it too has saved the lives of many and made
life worth living. Find what works best with you and be happy with it; it’s called radical
acceptance. (A good psychologist and non-evasive therapy like meditation, CBT, etc. used
in conjunction with the appropriate medication has been proven to the most effective
approach, with the greatest success rate.) Is the goal to get off medication?, yes, of course
it is but it is not always possible.

Will not get into self-medicating . . . that is emotionally charged subject that is as they say,
a horse of a different color.

I have walked the talk. And it was not a pretty road. Up and down; yes. Steep and long; yes.
But most people get through it. Some unscathed, some scarred for life. For those that don’t,
this is for you. Don’t give up and I truly hope you find what you are looking for and trust that
you will find it.

I actually wanted to do this at first. Any tests off top of your head you can think of via blood test? Literally just got bloods but nothing for this issue.

Yes, great question. I'd test the following next time you get the chance:

RBC Magnesium, vit D3, vit C, vit A, RBC Folate, MMA (active form of B12), vit B6, vit B2, CoQ10, RBC Zinc, Iodine (hugely underrated), and RBC copper, to name a few.

Also, a full iron panel with ferritin and a full thyroid panel (FT3 being the most important number).

Plugging any holes can help with depression significantly.

Bro, I wish I could. I tried explaining the symptoms to my physician and I just had no exact answer because I couldn’t describe the feeling. It's almost as if there’s something racing in my frontal lobe causing a sort of painful throbbing (not a pain like you had broke your arm or anything like that)/very very very irritating feeling. It’ll last pretty much all day, sometimes far worse than others. Mood is drastically changed. My legs have been EXTREMELY heavy and tired (not normal).

All I know its been going on for about 8 weeks+ out of no where and if I had to live with that feeling every day, I’m not sure I would survive.

Zoloft might not be the answer but I needed to get in and see someone ASAP.
Whats your age?
do you have any of these symptoms vertigo, unsteadiness, dizziness, or disruption of balance?

I took it for a couple years 20 years ago during a down time in my life. I found it helpful while other antidepressants were less then useful. 2X a day as I remember but would skip a dose every couple days as it left me feeling a little jacked up. I also worked on other things to improve my attitude. And when the time seemed right I started cutting back on the dose and haven't used it since.

Another thing is depression can often come from the gut, which is a bit trickier to deal with.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws