over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experienced users of metformin and or berberine

Freak1976

IFBB PRO
IFBB PROS
Hey guys I'm gonna be adding metformin or berberine to my Arsenal so just trying to get some thoughts on these from some experience users.

-which u prefer and why
- normal dosages and timings etc

Thx in advance guys

there was a full thread that was shut down lately due to some immature behavior , but contained a lot of info.

Lex needs to chime in here...he know a lot about Metformin.

Hey guys I'm gonna be adding metformin or berberine to my Arsenal so just trying to get some thoughts on these from some experience users.

-which u prefer and why
- normal dosages and timings etc

Thx in advance guys

I don't know much about berberine except for the little I have read.I know metformin pretty well....

Metformin:Is NOT oral insulin as some will claim. It takes about 6 to 8 weeks for FULL effects. It works by doing 3 things:
1) decreases glucose release from liver.This is big for diabetics as "pre dawn syndrome" early morning release is partly responsible for increased morning fasting sugars.

2)increases insulin sensitivity/decreases resistance If not resistant ,not much affect

3) decreases absorption of SOME carbohydrates: BUT since its effects are overtime with consistent dosing using periodically with a cheat etc.. isn't ideal or working as people think.Proof of this was a trial with timed release metformin vs standard metformin found similar results in glucose control.

For these 3 things to happen takes time and not immediately with an oral dose.

Personally insulin mimicking supps are more suited what people are trying to accomplish.Examples of the more popular ones are ALA,chromium,vanadyl,Gymnema Sylvestre Etc..

This is what I take, I only use slin pre workout humiln r mike Arnold protocol 12ius. 5 meals on off days 6 meals on workout days. Workout is 3 on 1 day off split. Growth 4ius am 4ius pre workout with slin.

R-ALA @ 100 mg w/ each meal
Berberine HCL @ 300 mg w/each meal
Cinnulin-PF @ 125 mg w/ each meal

Its working wonderful for me. I use adex instead of aromasin though, a must when using berberine. People often talk about met destroying ones appetite. I have never used met before, opted out because of the impact it can have on appetite and I am trying to bulk. Eating clean and some light cardio (20 mins sustained 5 days a week) helps with the slin sensitivity.

Last edited:
Berberine works for me but I find AD matador stronger. It's a blend but its main hitters are r ala and gymema sylvestre, banaba

This is what I take, I only use slin pre workout humiln r mike Arnold protocol 12ius. 5 meals on off days 6 meals on workout days. Workout is 3 on 1 day off split. Growth 4ius am 4ius pre workout with slin.

Its working wonderful for me. I use adex instead of aromasin though, a must when using berberine. People often talk about met destroying ones appetite. I have never used met before, opted out because of the impact it can have on appetite and I am trying to bulk. Eating clean and some light cardio (20 mins sustained 5 days a week) helps with the slin sensitivity.

Yes I already use TN gdas but wanted to try met. Heard good things. How u like the humalin r ? I usually use log pre. How soon before u train do I take it and how long after workout so u find its still active? Thx

I don't know much about berberine except for the little I have read.I know metformin pretty well....

Metformin:Is NOT oral insulin as some will claim. It takes about 6 to 8 weeks for FULL effects. It works by doing 3 things:

1) decreases glucose release from liver.This is big for diabetics as "pre dawn syndrome" early morning release is partly responsible for increased morning fasting sugars.

2)increases insulin sensitivity/decreases resistance If not resistant ,not much affect

3) decreases absorption of SOME carbohydrates: BUT since its effects are overtime with consistent dosing using periodically with a cheat etc.. isn't ideal or working as people think.Proof of this was a trial with timed release metformin vs standard metformin found similar results in glucose control.

For these 3 things to happen takes time and not immediately with an oral dose.

Personally insulin mimicking supps are more suited what people are trying to accomplish.Examples of the more popular ones are ALA,chromium,vanadyl,Gymnema Sylvestre Etc..

So u think a product like TN gdas is all I would need than to kee slin sensitivity? Doesn't sometjkn like met have other proven health benefits ? Thx

Yes I already use TN gdas but wanted to try met. Heard good things. How u like the humalin r ? I usually use log pre. How soon before u train do I take it and how long after workout so u find its still active? Thx

I will eat my 2nd meal 1.5 hours before training. Before training I will shoot my hum-r/growth then 10 minutes later pound 1/3 of my drink which is 75 grams Karbolyn, 15 grams Instantized EAA’s , 5 grams Instantized leucine, 5 grams micronized creatine (I throw in a few other things just for pump CM etc). Half way through my training i have 1/2 of what is left of my drink then when i finish i pound the rest as I walk to the car. I get home and within one hour I will have grassfed beef with butter from grassfed cows with rice or sweet potato.

In my experience it is active for around 6 hours from injection which for me is ideal when bulking because its a larger window I can get more nutrients in. I will usually have another meal a few hours after consisting of turkey and more sweet potatoes.

Why is arimidex a must when using berberine? I never heard of that.

Thank you

Why is arimidex a must when using berberine? I never heard of that.

Thank you

Aromasin will not work correctly with berberine. I forget the mechanism. Someone much smarter then me (stewie) or someone else can explain it lol.

I will eat my 2nd meal 1.5 hours before training. Before training I will shoot my hum-r/growth then 10 minutes later pound 1/3 of my drink which is 75 grams Karbolyn, 15 grams Instantized EAA’s , 5 grams Instantized leucine, 5 grams micronized creatine (I throw in a few other things just for pump CM etc). Half way through my training i have 1/2 of what is left of my drink then when i finish i pound the rest as I walk to the car. I get home and within one hour I will have grassfed beef with butter from grassfed cows with rice or sweet potato.

In my experience it is active for around 6 hours from injection which for me is ideal when bulking because its a larger window I can get more nutrients in. I will usually have another meal a few hours after consisting of turkey and more sweet potatoes.

Oh ok. Question is the CM citruline malate an sis that just for pump? Thought was for recovery as well. Also I see fats in the meal after wkrout I thought a-we don't want fats while insulin is active and b-fats pwo period. Thx man

Freak.

Met is more systemic I believe in the study comparing the two they both dosed with meals. I personally feel the met builds up and will keep the liver from converting for a longer period of time. I now use the sustained release met.
I have worked my way up to a gram am gram pm.

So lets say if you were on Gh and you wanted to take before bed but keep your slin levels as low as possible in that time frame what better time for a sus release met? then wake and eat zero carb till work out or maybe if you are hitting fasted cardio.

Last edited:
Aromasin will not work correctly with berberine. I forget the mechanism. Someone much smarter then me (stewie) or someone else can explain it lol.

Gotcha! I know Stewie has been talking about this.

Freak.

Met is more systemic I believe in the study comparing the two they both dosed with meals. I personally feel the met builds up and will keep the liver from converting for a longer period of time. I now use the sustained release met.

So lets say if you were on Gh and you wanted to take before bed but keep your slin levels as low as possible in that time frame what better time for a sus release met? then wake and eat zero carb till work out or maybe if you are hitting fasted cardio.

Ya I've heats somwtjkng like that. I was taking gdas with my last meal on my last prep for same kinda thing but im sure this would work better. How u like the met anyways? What do like the best about it ?

Oh ok. Question is the CM citruline malate an sis that just for pump? Thought was for recovery as well. Also I see fats in the meal after wkrout I thought a-we don't want fats while insulin is active and b-fats pwo period. Thx man

I have gotten leaner while getting bigger using this protocol +300mg of anabolics a week.

Freak.

I follow a very similar protocol... Used both log and humalin and humalin has worked far better for me while bulking as well... Longer curve where it's active to shuttle nutrients... Since its curve is also more linear you can get away with taking a higher dose as well...

I also think style of training matters as well... If you train light weight and not to failure and want that huge pump log is the way to go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I've heats somwtjkng like that. I was taking gdas with my last meal on my last prep for same kinda thing but im sure this would work better. How u like the met anyways? What do like the best about it ?

It reduced my appetite and made getting lean this year the easiest in my history. I also was using GH and know that will fuck with my slin sensitivity with it, I think it corrected that. That and the insurmountable anti aging stuff ranging from neuro protective to everything do to with less overall insulin exposure.

1. Aromasin/Exemestane with Berberine is no problem at all. If anything Berberine INCREASES the effect of A/E. Stewie (?) and I discussed that in a berberine thread several weeks ago.

2. @Lex: using sustained Metformin don't you fear low blood glucose during your gym session (= feeling weaker/tired)?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131