over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EXPERIMENT!

Wow...how did this thread make it all the way to the bottom of the 2nd page......This should be a sticky...I dont care who you are...how big...how small....how lean...how fat...how old or young....EVERYONE can learn something from this thread!!

ok im gonna put up a comparison pic but let me go on record and say this is not a knock against peter putnum, I am posting this shot and some of my lifts from last year to prove the point of heavy slag iron, nothing else, peter is a pro and deserved his win, hell i only got 8th place, so no one take cheap shots of peter or I will take these pics down and delete this post! Peter told me last year that bodybuilding is not about who has the best back or who has the best legs its about who has the fewer weakness' and peter has the fewer between him and I.

last year
deadlifts - 585x12
bent rows- 405x10 ( i could do more but got too sloppy for my taste)
pullups - as many sets as it took to get 50 reps, i did 3 sets but my record is barely 2 sets (over the years as ive gotten heavier im actually weaker on these rep wise)

this is just a comparison of density and nothing else. ha ha plus one day PRO Peter Putnum will look back at these pics and get a good laugh cause I know back is his #1 priority and He will Improve his back no doubt!!!! Hopefully he will come read this thread and get the blueprint on how to do it the quickest way :)

Attachments

• 100_1517.jpg
    100_1517.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 653
  • 100_1525.jpg
    100_1525.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:
ok im gonna put up a comparison pic but let me go on record and say this is not a knock against peter putnum, I am posting this shot and some of my lifts from last year to prove the point of heavy slag iron, nothing else, peter is a pro and deserved his win, hell i only got 8th place, so no one take cheap shots of peter or I will take these pics down and delete this post! Peter told me last year that bodybuilding is not about who has the best back or who has the best legs its about who has the fewer weakness' and peter has the fewer between him and I.

last year
deadlifts - 585x12
bent rows- 405x10 ( i could do more but got too sloppy for my taste)
pullups - as many sets as it took to get 50 reps, i did 3 sets but my record is barely 2 sets (over the years as ive gotten heavier im actually weaker on these rep wise)

this is just a comparison of density and nothing else.

Well, shit you both are dense as hell. Both show muscle compactness and condition from that shot. Obviously, your back from that angle is much more greater, but pretty darn close from that shot. Obviously, the judging panel thinks you have more flaws than him, so improve upon your known flaws and you will be someone to reckon with come next show. Shit, I wish I had your flaws because I would be ten times better (Damn I have a long way to go)! By the way, you are one strong dude B-Boy!

Last edited:
Bump! Page one is in need of some quality threads! It was almost all supp and source threads.

Also, it would be interesting to see if peoples "best body parts" are also their strongest...i have a feeling the answer would be yes for 90% of us.

ok, looks like I need hormones to get past where I've gotten but I built a good physique with these lifts:

Incline free bar 225 for 10
flat db 120's for 10
military press 185 for 10
db press 85's for 10
deadlift 350 for 10, 410 for 1
bent row 275 for 10
squat 315 for 10, 225 for 20
BB curl 130 for 10
db curl 60's for 10
close grip press 230 for 10
lying extension 115 for 10
seated raise 5 45's for 10

Last edited:
ok, looks like I need hormones to get past where I've gotten but I built a good physique with these lifts:

Why do you need hormones to get past where you have gotten? WHat lead you to that conclusion?

^Bump to this AWESOME thread!

Question:

B-Boy

Would you mind sharing where you are at in terms of lifting and eating "big"?

I am very curious to where you are at after years of adjusting training, eating, etc?

P.S. this still is one of the best damn threads ive read over in a Looooong time.

Thanks
RJ

^Bump to this AWESOME thread!

Question:

B-Boy

Would you mind sharing where you are at in terms of lifting and eating "big"?

I am very curious to where you are at after years of adjusting training, eating, etc?

P.S. this still is one of the best damn threads ive read over in a Looooong time.

Thanks
RJ
wow, lets see, eating.... my diet is like 100x better now than it ever has and i gotta thank mountaindog1 for that!! I eat a lot more beef (grass fed) than i ever did, and i eat a shit load more salmon than i ever did, and i no longer throw away the yolk of my eggs...LOL ha ha ha

training - well my training has taken a lil change from normal, I still lift heavy but since tearing my lat on heavy deads, I have cut down on my deadlifting tremendously, I will only deadlift like once every three weeks now and keep my weight down and just hit a lot more reps, I rarely go over 545 for reps now. I still train heavy on everything but i am paying a hell of a lot more attention to my form and the negative portion of the excersise. I incorportate negatives on just about every excersise now as the last set, so 3 heavy sets then a set of negatives in the 6-10 rep range. I hit legs a with a shit load more volume than i ever have which is a lot different than what i use to do.

Now the disclaimer - I may do things a lil differently now to suit certain goals, but i built the mass i have by lifting some heavy slag iron!

P.S. also as phil said earlier in this thread eventually the MG's are gonna have to go up to keep getting bigger and bigger as you will eventually platue in progressive weight. My MG's have gone up over the years, as little as possible but they have gone up.

Last edited:
wow, lets see, eating.... my diet is like 100x better now than it ever has and i gotta thank mountaindog1 for that!! I eat a lot more beef (grass fed) than i ever did, and i eat a shit load more salmon than i ever did, and i no longer throw away the yolk of my eggs...LOL ha ha ha

training - well my training has taken a lil change from normal, I still lift heavy but since tearing my lat on heavy deads, I have cut down on my deadlifting tremendously, I will only deadlift like once every three weeks now and keep my weight down and just hit a lot more reps, I rarely go over 545 for reps now. I still train heavy on everything but i am paying a hell of a lot more attention to my form and the negative portion of the excersise. I incorportate negatives on just about every excersise now as the last set, so 3 heavy sets then a set of negatives in the 6-10 rep range. I hit legs a with a shit load more volume than i ever have which is a lot different than what i use to do.

Now the disclaimer - I may do things a lil differently now to suit certain goals, but i built the mass i have by lifting some heavy slag iron!

P.S. also as phil said earlier in this thread eventually the MG's are gonna have to go up to keep getting bigger and bigger as you will eventually platue in progressive weight. My MG's have gone up over the years, as little as possible but they have gone up.

The way you train now is the same as I have been doing. Now I'm actually training the same, as far as the same principle, but making my second set a heavy/ low rep set, then going into my third set I'm going back lighter to higher reps. Not every movement, but about half. Going to see if the confusion will help with some growth.

Had to bump this!

I would like to get you guys to do a lil favor for me.

I would like some guys that have done at least 1 bodybuilding show, but less than 5 shows to do a couple of things for me

1. list your best lifts for 12 reps in the bench, incline bench, squat, deadlift, and barbell shoulder press (bench and incline must be barbell also) along with your bodyweight at wich these lifts were performed.

2. post a pic of yourself in that thread respones with your lifts. front and back pic.

I just want to observe something. I would really appreciate the guys that do that in this thread

Well, this thread has a been long time hidden and I had to bump it. This really will kick you back into wanting to kick ass at the gym and at the dinner table, it help me over the last year or two.

Bench Press: 315 X 7 reps (I suck ass at flat bench press, but still trying to bang it out while feeling the muscle work!)
Incline DB Press: 120lbs X 12 reps (that is the highest my gym goes up to)
Incline Barbell Press: 275lbs X 8-10 (but, I have been DB more often)
Bent-Over BB Row: Strict form, I really like to do this lift right, once form goes, I drop the weight - 225 X 15 reps, 275lbs X 10 reps, 315 X 5 reps
Wide Grip Pull-Ups: Bodyweight X 30-35 or till complete failure on first set
Squat: 405lbs X 10-12 quality reps, 500lbs X 6-8 quality reps (I have midget legs)
Shoulder Press (when I do it, I us DB's): 120lb DB's X 15 reps (shoulder are my best training bodypart, go figure:eek:

Now to the pics from last year to this year:

Attachments

• Front Lat Spread 2009.JPG
    Front Lat Spread 2009.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 463
  • Front Lat Spread 2010.jpg
    Front Lat Spread 2010.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 408
  • Rear Lat Spread 2009.JPG
    Rear Lat Spread 2009.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 415
  • Rear Lat Spread 2010.jpg
    Rear Lat Spread 2010.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 453
Continued....

More pics to compare from last year to this year...I know still a little guy:(

Attachments

• Front Double Bicep 2009.JPG
    Front Double Bicep 2009.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 452
  • Front Double Bicep 2010.jpg
    Front Double Bicep 2010.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 343
  • Rear Double Bicep 2009.JPG
    Rear Double Bicep 2009.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 351
  • Rear Double Bicep 2010.JPG
    Rear Double Bicep 2010.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 337
Sorry guys, Only can post so many pics per thread

I know B-Boy and others, such as myself always say post a pic to prove it. I am not hiding, still have along ways to go, but that is the fun in this! Okay, no more comparison pics!

Attachments

• Front Relax 2009.JPG
    Front Relax 2009.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 303
  • Front Relax 2010.jpg
    Front Relax 2010.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 331
  • MM 2009.JPG
    MM 2009.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 261
  • MM 2010.jpg
    MM 2010.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 330
I know B-Boy and others, such as myself always say post a pic to prove it. I am not hiding, still have along ways to go, but that is the fun in this! Okay, no more comparison pics!

great progress there lenny... how much did the weight go up?

great progress there lenny... how much did the weight go up?

Well, I competed as a middleweight both years, so I would equate my gains to quality lean tissue mass. Overall, I feel like a added more quality to the frame, now we will see what I can do this offseason. But, this year I won the Open Middles and last year I got 2nd in the Open Middles, so I am super pleased with my overall package from last year to this year. Time to add more to it!

Well, I competed as a middleweight both years, so I would equate my gains to quality lean tissue mass. Overall, I feel like a added more quality to the frame, now we will see what I can do this offseason. But, this year I won the Open Middles and last year I got 2nd in the Open Middles, so I am super pleased with my overall package from last year to this year. Time to add more to it!
IMHO with more leg size you could have really pushed for that overall at this past show! I suggest you pm john meadows about him working with you in the leg department. Alex with the nutrition and john with the training = one sick ass lenny!

Lenny,

Huge improvments from 09 to 10...great job...I agree with what Brad said about getting the quads/hams up to get that overall :D

IMHO with more leg size you could have really pushed for that overall at this past show! I suggest you pm john meadows about him working with you in the leg department. Alex with the nutrition and john with the training = one sick ass lenny!

Totally agree with on that. I need some more meat on the legs, they always get shredded, but lack the size. And that is funny you say that, I thought about PMing John Meadows for training advice, just didn't know how busy he was, but I will do that. Thanks B-Boy for the honest input, you know I like to hear the truth!

Lenny,

Huge improvments from 09 to 10...great job...I agree with what Brad said about getting the quads/hams up to get that overall :D

Thanks Chris for the comments and I know got to get some overall size to the legs as well as everywhere else.

Yes, I am bringing this thread back to life :)

So, this may only apply to people who have been constantly improving upon thier lifts, maybe even hitting a plateua, beating the log book type of training. So, as I have discussed with others...now, do we just keep swapping exercises OR transition into a different level of training for periods of time. Or do we take this to new level of intensity level outside the beating the log type of training to break it up?

Basically, an example train DC style for 12 weeks (progression = intensity), then transition into 12 weeks of lets say John (aka the workout artist) Meadows style of training (Different scheme of training = different levels of intensity) to open up the gates for more growth?

Guys, I am just opening this thread up because there is a ton of great answers in this EXPERIMENT thread and points made that are very clear (Hint: newbies, beginners read this whole thread, take notes, it is real info from real dudes). And yes, I know genetics play a role, I get that, just open this up for further discussion. I doubt many of us are tapped out completely, and if so, I guess being real with yourself is the first thing to approach at that point. Read some of Phil's posts in the this thread, good stuff. Well, hell B-boy, shelby, DC, all have great posts, as do many others. Also, I learned alot just listening to Jason this year on many different angles which help a ton. Alex has also open my mind up a ton over the last year or so as well.

Always fun to discuss some basic concepts to advanced concepts...even though I know this ball game is not NASA, it is bodybuilding. Patience, consistency, and progression can play a major role!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws