over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EXPERIMENT!

b-boy

What angle bench do you recommend in general for inclines?
ha bro i just go into the gym and use the incline bench which is already set at a certain incline. If i should happen to do inclines on something else with a bench i just try and set it to the exact incline as the incline bench is set at. Im not that technical at all.

My chest is actually the part of me that will grow with almost any stimulation. To me i feel my delts working waaaay more on incline then flat, but i too agree that the incline is whats gonna help chest development. I get an insane chest pump from flat bench, but my lower chest is way more developed then my upper, which id imagine is the case with alot of novice guys, so i only do flat bench for fun once every couple months or so. other then that i rotated incline BB and DB press. My flat BB is still higher then incline BB but i think my incline DB is as strong or possibly stronger then my flat DB. (i did incline DB exclusively while i was working on the 'sweep' of my chest for quite some time)

hey even if you have done more than 5 shows or so feel free to post your shit up in this thread :D just wanted the some of the newer guys to the sport to post up first and still want them to post but now Im just generally talking to the whole board now

Currently dieting for my first show:

Bench (smith)
325x14+5+3- video cuts out on the last set.
**broken link removed**

Incline (smith)
315x9+3+fail
**broken link removed**

Decline (smith)
395x11+3+2
**broken link removed**

I use a DC template for the training, and Shelby set up my diet. Current bodyweight is 224. The body weight does down every week, the other weights go up.

Last edited:
I know this is a generalisation but when I try and explain DC training to people in the gym, I often find they want to train with high sets and light weights.

I then ask them what their best bodypart is. I then ask them what they feel (relatively) their strongest bodypart is. I can see a light being flicked on in their heads after it dawns on them.

ha ha shit me and you have a lot of the same thoughts when it comes to training! I did nothing but inclines last year, this year I have mixed things up a lil more, but incline is still the staple of my chest excersies. massive you know where im going with this, I am a big fan of dante and his thoughts on training, even if i don't always do DC training i believe in slinging heavy slag iron to build a sick thick physique, thus the need for me not have to take 4g of shit to compete at the next level, why cause i built a physiqe with heavy slag iron before i ever started tinkering with "supplements" and continue to do so today. I lift big and i eat big (sometimes eat to big LOL).

Definitely.
Dante's Rest Pause is the single most effective technique I have ever used and still use (as I get older and the joints get pounded more) the higher rep range end of DC rest pausing is a savior.
It's the perfect rep range and method for developing a lot of mass and progression in strength.

That's why I'll get ticked off when people comment about his system being *nothing new* or *nothing special* it is simply revolutionary and helped thousands gain immeasurable amounts of lean muscle tissue and raw strength beyond their expectations. I always say "Dante could turn a broomstick into a redwood" and that's a fact.

I also want to say part of my reason for not rotating exercises is the amount of strength built up over the years I am no Ronnie slinging 200 lbs bells around but when you expend so much energy getting 130 and 150 lb dumbells in position as well as having tweaks and aches and pains it just aggravates everything. And I have tried them all...powerhooks...dumbell stands...and 2 training partners... I will use dumbells and machines to warm up or do widowmakers though.

and agree 100% on the eating big....we know the story on that..perhaps I'll start a thread on dieting for mass on here in a separate thread which is a mix of supplements and whole foods.

Last edited:
[..perhaps I'll start a thread on dieting for mass on here in a separate thread which is a mix of supplements and whole foods.[/QUOTE]

MG..this would be an great thread and i would love to hear your thoughts on this. I know you're a busy guy but if you do find the time i think MANY would benefit from it.

Awesome thread BB

honestly one of the other reasons I started this thread is to get this board back in the direction that it was once in. A mod said in another thread that this board is taking a turn for the worse and I agree, I want to see more old school thought on here. and thus im really glad MG posted in this thread! and now perhaps out of the ashes of this thread he will start on on offseason eating and thus starts the domino effect back in the direction this board once was ;)

Definitely.
Dante's Rest Pause is the single most effective technique I have ever used and still use (as I get older and the joints get pounded more) the higher rep range end of DC rest pausing is a savior.
It's the perfect rep range and method for developing a lot of mass and progression in strength.

That's why I'll get ticked off when people comment about his system being *nothing new* or *nothing special* it is simply revolutionary and helped thousands gain immeasurable amounts of lean muscle tissue and raw strength beyond their expectations. I always say "Dante could turn a broomstick into a redwood" and that's a fact.

I also want to say part of my reason for not rotating exercises is the amount of strength built up over the years I am no Ronnie slinging 200 lbs bells around but when you expend so much energy getting 130 and 150 lb dumbells in position as well as having tweaks and aches and pains it just aggravates everything. And I have tried them all...powerhooks...dumbell stands...and 2 training partners... I will use dumbells and machines to warm up or do widowmakers though.

and agree 100% on the eating big....we know the story on that..perhaps I'll start a thread on dieting for mass on here in a separate thread which is a mix of supplements and whole foods.
you know the craziest thing is when I do rest pause, I really don't even grasp how strong im getting, its not until I go back to my regular workout and notice how my 12 rep set has gone way the fuck up that I realize how effective rest pause is.

Well, I can't post pics or anything here, but I just wanted to swing by and say I'm more of a decline guy for chest than incline.
I always felt incline in my delts more than anything, and I've been a front delt heavy kinda guy for a long time.

Then I started doing decline dumbbell presses and flat dumbbell presses, and my chest is catching up.

Edit; oh, also I was way weaker in my decline than incline and flat at first, but now it's not that big of a difference.

Last edited:
I use to focus on incline for years and to be honest my chest never really improved. My incline was much stronger than my regular bench....lol.

It wasn't unil I read Phil's thoughts on chest pressing movements and then Edge convincing me to give it a try. I have now ditched all incline movements and my chest is finally starting to grow again.

Good thread though Brad. Thanks for starting it.

Upper chest..

MG & BB -

Chest has ALWAYS been my weakeset bodypart, primarily the upper portion...literaly no meat at all up there!

I have never given barbell incline a try, mainly becuase of the standard bench that is not adjustable..that angle seems a little high for me and bothers my shoulders and not having a spotter is big on that movement. Just wondering if you think Inclines are the only way to target the upper chest, or do you have any other suggustions.

I know my chest will never be my strong point (genetics) but i really want to bring it up, so it matches my other parts.

Is the smythe machine enough..sometimes i wonder becuase i feel like with a fix plane that its one that you don't get as much out of it..

Definitely.

that would be great please do!!

MG & BB -

Chest has ALWAYS been my weakeset bodypart, primarily the upper portion...literaly no meat at all up there!

I have never given barbell incline a try, mainly becuase of the standard bench that is not adjustable..that angle seems a little high for me and bothers my shoulders and not having a spotter is big on that movement. Just wondering if you think Inclines are the only way to target the upper chest, or do you have any other suggustions.

I know my chest will never be my strong point (genetics) but i really want to bring it up, so it matches my other parts.

Is the smythe machine enough..sometimes i wonder becuase i feel like with a fix plane that its one that you don't get as much out of it..
there are many things that will target your upper chest, heck how you do cable cross-overs can hit your upper chest. I just have that dante train of thought that I use barbell incline press's cause I will never outgrow that barbell and plates but i can easily outgrow our gyms dumbells and machines :)

for people that say they feel inclines in their shoulders kinda amazes me, I feel bench in my shoulders but inclines is all chest chest chest, I feel it no where else but my chest?????????????

there are many things that will target your upper chest, heck how you do cable cross-overs can hit your upper chest. I just have that dante train of thought that I use barbell incline press's cause I will never outgrow that barbell and plates but i can easily outgrow our gyms dumbells and machines :)

for people that say they feel inclines in their shoulders kinda amazes me, I feel bench in my shoulders but inclines is all chest chest chest, I feel it no where else but my chest?????????????

Maybe i'll go back to inclines and give it another shot....haven't done them in months. I really need to focus on pinning those shoudler back and keeping my chest high...its a bitch sometimes when you have really long arms.

I also think that stretches can contribute a lot to gain strength injury free. I spent so much time in the dipping bars with a shitload of weight atached that i can go a lot lower on any chest exercise without having any pain or lost of strenght, I actualy beliebe that this stretch can prevent a lot of pec tears in bodybuilders and powerlifters because it helps you to get stronger in that critical position.

im a little over the 5 show mark. this will be my 9th year competing, and about my 15th show. been doing DC mainly for the last 2-3 years with about a 12 week break for a little volume.

incline smith bench 315 x 10 or so
db shoulder press 120 x 10
smith military 275 x 10 or so
bent over barbell row 405 x 12
db row 160 x 25
deadlift 515 x 12
squat 550 x 10 or so
squat 315 x 35
hack squat 770 x 10
leg press 1440 x 12

Last edited:
im a little over the 5 show mark. this will be my 9th year competing, and about my 15th show. been doing DC mainly for the last 2-3 years with about a 12 week break for a little volume.

incline smith bench 315 x 10 or so
db shoulder press 120 x 10
smith military 275 x 10 or so
bent over barbell row 405 x 12
db row 160 x 25
deadlift 515 x 12
squat 550 x 10 or so
squat 315 x 35
hack squat 770 x 10
leg press 1440 x 12
you are a perfect example of my thoughts on all this.

I really don't lift heavy as much as I used to so I will put todays weights in there. For chest I use incline BB & flat DB & I don't dead lift anymore but love bent rows. For legs heavy sled & light squats.

incline, 315
row, 405
squat, 405

Pic is from nov around 245-250

Attachments

• Rob 003.jpg
    Rob 003.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 1,272

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads