EXPERIMENT!

b-boy

IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Cus
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I would like to get you guys to do a lil favor for me.

I would like some guys that have done at least 1 bodybuilding show, but less than 5 shows to do a couple of things for me

1. list your best lifts for 12 reps in the bench, incline bench, squat, deadlift, and barbell shoulder press (bench and incline must be barbell also) along with your bodyweight at wich these lifts were performed.

2. post a pic of yourself in that thread respones with your lifts. front and back pic.

I just want to observe something. I would really appreciate the guys that do that in this thread

ok Brad... I'll bite

BB Bench - 370
Incline Bench 285
Military Press 235
Squat 405 x 8
Deadlift - Racks 410 x 8

Bodyweight was between 235 - 240

I train using RP sets. So the Bench and Military lifts are what i was able to get between 8 and 10 on the first loop. Squats and deads are both straight sets.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,994
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,576
ok Brad... I'll bite

BB Bench - 370
Incline Bench 285
Military Press 235
Squat 405 x 8
Deadlift - Racks 410 x 8

Bodyweight was between 235 - 240

I train using RP sets. So the Bench and Military lifts are what i was able to get between 8 and 10 on the first loop. Squats and deads are both straight sets.
thank you! so you bench 370 for 8-10 reps :eek: If you do rest pause only count the first set before the other two RP sets.

also take a look at your physique and tell me what YOU consider your weak bodyparts

Yes, at the max of my offseason I flat benched 370 for something like 14 RP. I don't have my log book in front of me but I think it was 10 x 3 x 1.

I'm very shoulder dominant and don't BB Bench or Military press anymore. I've had way to many shoulder problem and being young it's just too risky.

I feel arms and chest are week. I worked on legs last offseason and the judges at the Northern this year told me to bring up my arms and chest. Of course I need to continue adding mass everywhere but my arms are long and need to be filled out.

Bench > 12 x 375 lbs
Incline > 12 x 335 lbs
Squat > 12 x 575 lbs
deadlift > I never deadlift
shoulder press > military = 12 x 285 lbs / behind the neck = 12 x 230 lbs

Actually the leanest I get the heavier I lift... which means I can do the numbers I listed at a pretty lean bodyweight of 230-240 lbs.

Pics:

January 2008
JC 14 01 2008_007_004.JPG

July 2007
JC 1st August 07 6.jpg

well... 3 weeks ago was my 5th contest... so i'll post the pics and lifts before that (haven't changed at all anyway :D)

i don't do flat, but i do decline
decline bench: 315 lbs for 12

incline smith: 230 lbs without the weight of the bar on the machine ( ithink it's 20 lbs or something) for 12

squats: 455 lbs for 12

deadlift: 315 lbs for 12

i don't do barbell presses for shoulders, but i do machine presses: 80 lbs per side, so i guess that's 160 lbs

bodyweight in the pics were around 190 lbs
and i consider my weak parts being my chest and back thickness

Attachments

• 1wkoutmm2.jpg
    1wkoutmm2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,720
  • 1wkoutbls.jpg
    1wkoutbls.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,336

you need to bring up your legs dude... they look like toothpicks... i don't get why people don't like to train legs and just obssess over upper body size like you man... seriously, you should do some research on how to build leg size..

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL... damn!!! you look fucking amazing bro! :D

Very interesting, this thread can support many of Dante´s theorys.

you need to bring up your legs dude... they look like toothpicks... i don't get why people don't like to train legs

No kidding, they're small on that set of pics... that's back when I used to do tons of cardio and they shrunk tremedounsly. Now I don't do any cardio and they get as lean while keeping their (still mediocre) size! :p

How's the prep for your upcoming shows, buddy? There wasn't much to improve after your last contest a few weeks ago... :eek::)

No kidding, they're small on that set of pics... that's back when I used to do tons of cardio and they shrunk tremedounsly. Now I don't do any cardio and they get as lean while keeping their (still mediocre) size! :p

How's the prep for your upcoming shows, buddy? There wasn't much to improve after your last contest a few weeks ago... :eek::)

things kinda went down the shitter... i got retardedly bloated and constipated from retaining all the water the week after the last contest... the week after that things came up at work and i couldn't diet as good as i wanted... last week i had a neck injury for no apparent reason (maybe slept in a dumb way or something) and couldn't even walk fast for a whole week... and just today it's starting to get better... so, it doesn't look too good :(

Alright here you go B-Boy:

Current Weight: 5'6, 185lbs.

Not exactly 12 reps on all of the lifts but close...
Bench Press: 275 X 12 reps
Incline Bench Press: 225 X 12 reps
Squat: 405 X 10 reps (short legs)
Shoulder Press: 225 x 10 reps
Deadlift: 315 X 10 reps (do not perform this lift very often)

The Pics are in horrible lighting and were just taken last night in my vampire of a house. Sorry about the lighting fella's. I am 185lbs in these pics.

Attachments

• PICS.doc
    89 KB · Views: 1,596
  • PIC 2.doc
    80.5 KB · Views: 651
Alright here you go B-Boy:

Current Weight: 5'6, 185lbs.

Not exactly 12 reps on all of the lifts but close...
Bench Press: 275 X 12 reps
Incline Bench Press: 225 X 12 reps
Squat: 405 X 10 reps (short legs)
Shoulder Press: 225 x 10 reps
Deadlift: 315 X 10 reps (do not perform this lift very often)

The Pics are in horrible lighting and were just taken last night in my vampire of a house. Sorry about the lighting fella's. I am 185lbs in these pics.

looking as big and lean as hell bro!!! keep up the great work!!!!

Very interesting, this thread can support many of Dante´s theorys.
That is one of the main points on this thread. and remember some people are just freaky strong and their size might not go hand in hand with their strength.

Last edited:
LOL look at phidias's legs but then again look what the hell he's squatting also!!!!!!!! :)

something else I would like everyone to notice since phidias is one of the more advanced guys to post in this thread. Look at his bench and incline and notice their is not a huge difference in weight moved on those two excersises. a lot of people have good bench's but piss poor inclines. My inclince and bench are real close to each other also.

well... 3 weeks ago was my 5th contest... so i'll post the pics and lifts before that (haven't changed at all anyway :D)

i don't do flat, but i do decline
decline bench: 315 lbs for 12

incline smith: 230 lbs without the weight of the bar on the machine ( ithink it's 20 lbs or something) for 12

squats: 455 lbs for 12

deadlift: 315 lbs for 12

i don't do barbell presses for shoulders, but i do machine presses: 80 lbs per side, so i guess that's 160 lbs

bodyweight in the pics were around 190 lbs
and i consider my weak parts being my chest and back thickness

Buselmo, you looked great and keeping it going bro!!!

Bench > 12 x 375 lbs
Incline > 12 x 335 lbs
Squat > 12 x 575 lbs
deadlift > I never deadlift
shoulder press > military = 12 x 285 lbs / behind the neck = 12 x 230 lbs

Actually the leanest I get the heavier I lift... which means I can do the numbers I listed at a pretty lean bodyweight of 230-240 lbs.

Pics:

January 2008
View attachment 25510

July 2007
View attachment 25511

Damn it Phidias, hand me over some of that strength and muscle, FREAK:D

something else I would like everyone to notice since phidias is one of the more advanced guys to post in this thread. Look at his bench and incline and notice their is not a huge difference in weight moved on those two excersises. a lot of people have good bench's but piss poor inclines. My inclince and bench are real close to each other also.

I am curious as to what you are getting at? Do you think this is more because of general neglect of the less advanced people doing incline on a regular basis, or that by doing incline you can improve your flat bench but not the converse? Perhaps both? I am also curious as to what your thoughts are on the development of the chest with respect to both exercises. Can we eliminate the need for flat bench or at least reduce it by supplementing more inclines in workouts?

Just some thoughts, I like the idea of this thread so far.

I am also curious as to what your thoughts are on the development of the chest with respect to both exercises. Can we eliminate the need for flat bench or at least reduce it by supplementing more inclines in workouts?

I never got much of anything for chest from inclines, but my delts actually improved when I used to do them often. These days I mostly do decline and flat bench for chest.

Phidias - how many shows have you competed in?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear