over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Expirences with shitloading vs. traditional carb loading

Oh man, skips got me scratchin my head? Back in the day, it seemed like you would make yourself an "empty/blank canvas" per se, and then add in the necessities to fillout, dry out etc... and this was done either 24 hours before, or 12 hours before or the morning of depending on the persons size, body type, condition etc... I know I do it very cautious and slow. I make sure im dry dry, and a little full rather than pushing fullness to the max!

And the original version did work well. It just wasn't consistent enough across the board in that there were some that wouldn't fill out as much as they needed.

Condition wins shows over fullness, in my opinion. I am not saying that you shouldn't be full but I always will go with being more dry than being more full.

Skip

like I said in my post above skip has tweaked things a lot in the last few years, i still use the old method as it works fine for me, and i can't even imagine if i would be lean as shit and do it :eek: I don't engorge myself untill im sick as shit, i slowly eat a lot of shit over the last 10-14 hours before stage time, doesn't bother my stomach, no gas, no shits, do distention, now when i did a 3 day carb up using a lot of waxy maize in the first day now that tore my stomach all to hell, will never do that again, a lil waxy maize yes a lot NO WAY. the traditional old shitload method works for me, and the pendelum doesn't have a lot of time to swing the other way on you IMO.

Condition wins shows over fullness, in my opinion. I am not saying that you shouldn't be full but I always will go with being more dry than being more full.

Skip

Im learning! I agree again! lol

Shitloading is definitely to me, "icing on the cake" (no pun intended). Meaning, given you ARE IN condition. It should ONLY make you drier, and tighter. You should never gain weight when shitloading. In fact, I either stay stagnant or lose a lb of water. You may not be super full, but the paper thin, most conditioned guy SHOULD come out on top....given that he is not 6 4' and 190lbs, than the thicker watery guy should beat him :)

BUMP! This topic got skip to chime in, keep it goin!

ive done both, and for me, i prefer a shitload, because its more predictable to me, as long as you know whether to put water back in or not you will be fine with a shitload. I have done traditional carb load and it worked but i can guage a shitload better than i can a traditional load. and for those that think a shitload is stupid you obviously have never seen any of skip from IM's guys :eek: he had modified things a lot here in the last few years but i still learned what i know from skip over at Intensemuscle.

Nice post, agreed its all about knowing when to add the water back in.

Big bapper, what methods do you prefer for your final touches on contest prep? Traditional carb load 2-3 days, shitload, .... combo of both? Just curious because you look like you get in excellent shape bro.

like I said in my post above skip has tweaked things a lot in the last few years, i still use the old method as it works fine for me, and i can't even imagine if i would be lean as shit and do it :eek: I don't engorge myself untill im sick as shit, i slowly eat a lot of shit over the last 10-14 hours before stage time, doesn't bother my stomach, no gas, no shits, do distention, now when i did a 3 day carb up using a lot of waxy maize in the first day now that tore my stomach all to hell, will never do that again, a lil waxy maize yes a lot NO WAY. the traditional old shitload method works for me, and the pendelum doesn't have a lot of time to swing the other way on you IMO.

Anyone else have experience with WMS for a carb up?

Skip have you tried this?

Nice post, agreed its all about knowing when to add the water back in.

I forget who said it (maybe Phil?) but it was somebody respectable on here that said once sodium and sugars and carbs are reintroduced in large amounts together, adding water back in at that point would spell disaster.

Where have you been anyhow?

Working and hittin it hard. Gained 10lbs and kept myself lean (not ALL of that is water/fat, i figure mostly muscle!). Still doing tiny bits of cardio here and there, eating near perfect, and gaining like crazy hehe. Vowed to keep this offseason clean and focus on the diet, and im doing it! About 3 weeks so far, proud of myself haha. Its without a doubt working. Like Bboy said...i cant expect to beat the field at a national show if im only putting in my usual 3-4 months of work per year....this time itl be 9 months lol

2-3 years ago, i over dieted and didnt follow my instincts. I never shitloaded back then. 1 year ago, 2007, I didnt lose any tissue, no cardio and shitloaded and was dry and looked better than a week out. Here is a pic of me in 2007 when I shitloaded instead of "traditional carb load." I placed 2nd at the first show when I "coasted in" and kept water and carbs in (no dehydration) and 1st place when I did the SL. http://www.jimwallingford.com/gallery/4514603_j6Jx6#266433041_C7HoE Here is another link to a show I shitloaded and felt pretty good with the results MINUS the dyo-derm and jantana!!! Looked liked I played in mud!!! http://www.jimwallingford.com/gallery/4600962_WX3xW#271655853_qdStm I know Im nothin special, im just sharing my experience. I love this board and the people I look up to.

i am very impressed with your pictures. great job bro!

Working and hittin it hard. Gained 10lbs and kept myself lean (not ALL of that is water/fat, i figure mostly muscle!). Still doing tiny bits of cardio here and there, eating near perfect, and gaining like crazy hehe. Vowed to keep this offseason clean and focus on the diet, and im doing it! About 3 weeks so far, proud of myself haha. Its without a doubt working. Like Bboy said...i cant expect to beat the field at a national show if im only putting in my usual 3-4 months of work per year....this time itl be 9 months lol

What show are you doing?

Skip

What show are you doing?

Skip
skip i don't know if he's hitting a warm up show or not but i know he's doing nationals in november in atlanta, Ga. :)

how many clients (male) you got doing nationals skip??

I forget who said it (maybe Phil?) but it was somebody respectable on here that said once sodium and sugars and carbs are reintroduced in large amounts together, adding water back in at that point would spell disaster.
ha ha well i can tell you from FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE that it did nothing but improve my look, especially since i wasn't extremely lean.

i am very impressed with your pictures. great job bro!

Thanks for the nice words. 2007 was my first year in the Open division.(Novice and teen before that). I am learning my body through so many mistakes I make. I always do 2-4 shows a year to really gain experience and learn as much as I can, so I can maybe someday help others who are truly genetically gifted.

Nice thread....I don't have much experience to go off of, I "shitloaded" for night show after prejudging in the morning and it worked well for me on that day, did not spill over till sunday night, monday morning, actually had photo shoot sunday morning that went great as well....

But what if you start to flatten out ???

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws