advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Extreme cramps in quads after workout. PLEASE HELP!

ironserenity

Registered
I have never experienced anything like this before.
Whenever I try to stand up my quads go into complete contraction, I mean they are tightly tightly cramped to the point where I cannot move.
I know I am hydrated, I have tried conquering that possible issue, I have tried magnesium, potassium and hot soaks, but still having issues.
What is going on and is there anything I can do? Can an extreme workout cause this kind of situation?
Also, is it possible to tear a muscle from such an extreme cramp, because it sure as hell feels like its close!
Thank you all! (Stuck in frozen position on couch)

Ive had a similar issue before. For me it was lactic acid buildup and my quads just needed a good, deep, massage. My sartorius was balled up and pulling on my knee and hip. It sucked, I couldnt stand for more than a few minutes without feeling like I was standing for hours, and sitting felt good but was a chore.

A lot of times, lifters dont rest as much as they should (if at all) and dont engage in recovery modalities (i.e. monthly massage, deload weeks, etc.). So you might want to consider a few days off from training and flush your muscles from lactic acid buildup?

Ive had a similar issue before. For me it was lactic acid buildup and my quads just needed a good, deep, massage. My sartorius was balled up and pulling on my knee and hip. It sucked, I couldnt stand for more than a few minutes without feeling like I was standing for hours, and sitting felt good but was a chore.

A lot of times, lifters dont rest as much as they should (if at all) and dont engage in recovery modalities (i.e. monthly massage, deload weeks, etc.). So you might want to consider a few days off from training and flush your muscles from lactic acid buildup?

You're spot on, that was going to be my next step! Those of you who remember me from a couple years ago know that I have a tendency to slightly, hmm, how do I say, "over-do things!"

Thank you for your response. I have been trying to massage it out myself, but will probably have my wife rub me out when she gets home from work!

You're spot on, that was going to be my next step! Those of you who remember me from a couple years ago know that I have a tendency to slightly, hmm, how do I say, "over-do things!"

Thank you for your response. I have been trying to massage it out myself, but will probably have my wife rub me out when she gets home from work!

I would definitely recommend getting some good deep tissue from a good massage therapist (preferably one that competes in sports themselves like powerlifting or whatever). If your wife can handle your legs, have her put some cream on your quads and a take a good elbow or forearm to to slowly roll out the adhesions from top to bottom. Youll feel like jelly afterwards, but its worth it. Make sure that you relax completely, if it hurts to much then say so, but definitely try to relax through the pain so that someone can get in deep to the soft tissue. If she hits a hot spot, have her wait a sec and press a little bit on it until it dissolves, then move on down the muscle.

I used to have these insane cramps after workouts - the guys on here led me to calcium+magnesium supplement (I know you said you too used Mg). So I take 1,000mg Ca and 800 IU of Mg a few hours before workout and have never had a problem since. The lack of calcium in my blood used to cause my nerves to fire uncontrollably and muscles to freeze up.

Last edited:
I have never experienced anything like this before.
Whenever I try to stand up my quads go into complete contraction, I mean they are tightly tightly cramped to the point where I cannot move.
I know I am hydrated, I have tried conquering that possible issue, I have tried magnesium, potassium and hot soaks, but still having issues.
What is going on and is there anything I can do? Can an extreme workout cause this kind of situation?
Also, is it possible to tear a muscle from such an extreme cramp, because it sure as hell feels like its close!
Thank you all! (Stuck in frozen position on couch)

You may wan to try the supplement TAURINE.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131