over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Extreme DOMS

anarchocapitalist

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Possible reasons for extreme DOMS?

Past couple days I've been experiencing extreme DOMS. Nothing has really changed. Steady diet of chicken, steak, potatoes, and veggies. Routine hasn't changed in years.

When I say extreme DOMS I mean I can hardly walk or get out of a chair.

My girlfriend thinks its the flu or a bug bite but I feel ok. No temp. But my joints are warm.

Any ideas?

Any particular bodypart...or everything you train feels this way?

Thanks for the reply.

Monday was back & deads. I can rep out with 565lbs on the deadlift but it was a light day so I only did a handful of sets with 4 and a quarter. The rest wasn't unusual you know chins, barbell rows, cable rows, db rows.

Typically after a monday back day tuesday morning my lower back or upper lats are a little sore.

2 hours after my monday workout my hammies were so sore it felt like I did a german volume training shock.

Today tuesday evening my hams are still sore. Groin. Forearms. Everything is killing me. Even my neck muscles.

Tuesday is chest and bench day and I couldn't even make it to the gym. Can't even hardly stand out of a chair.

Im suppose to do squats and legs wednesday but thats not going to happen.

Thinking I may have the flu but no temp.

Gearwise all I'm taking is 2mLs of a T400 blend but I've used the same guy for a decade no issues.

How long have ou been going at it without a break? There's a good chance your body is just a bit beat up and needs a bit of rest

good call i actually don't remember the last time. lol. i've been training hard since the mid 90s and don't really take time. its just a routine to get up at 5am and train hard. i should also mention i am trying to get a start up company going and only sleep 4-5 hours a night maybe thats it.

just thinking out loud but also going thru a nasty divorce with an ex who has borderline personality disorder and its been really stressful. could stress be all this? hard to admit it i guess i could be stressed out.

just thinking out loud but also going thru a nasty divorce with an ex who has borderline personality disorder and its been really stressful. could stress be all this? hard to admit it i guess i could be stressed out.

Hell yes that could be it!!! Your cortisol levels are probably sky high. Add intense training and lack of sleep to that and you've got a recipe for disaster

Funny I posted about Rhabdomyolysis yesterday. Google it and see if the symptoms match

I'm thinking if you do much training and the intense is too large after a long time not training, your body can't adjust it at a short period

I agree with Fa Sheeshus sounds like Rhabdo. Get your CKD levels checked. Ive gotten that shit like 4 times.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk

I got blood work the next morning after a badass leg day. My CKD was stupid high and they asked if i was in a car wreck lol.

Are you sleeping well? I am willing to bet that at least the quality of your sleep is down and maybe the length of your sleep too? Do you wake up in the morning feeling like dog shit or do you feel refreshed? The stress of the divorce could ruin your sleep. Willing to be you are getting overtrained because of lack of sleep.

I was going to say welcome to getting older as a joke. But the more I read it just sounds like you need more rest time or decrease in volume or intensity. Yes, stress can read havoc on your body. A divorce. That's huge stress.

You need to know when to push and to pull. When your body is getting crazy sore more than normal...this means you need more rest more than normal. its ok to take train at 50% and rest or take days off while you are goin through shit. Trust me. Next year you will be at the same level it you take it easy now, rest up while you go through this mental tough spot, and then start things up back in the gym 100% months later.

It's like a car. If the engine needs some work fix it then push full throttle. But if you push it while the car is in need of a tune up it will just ruine the engine. Look out for your long run bro.

LMAO...

ALL women have "borderline" personality disorder....its hard coded
in their DNA....

your age sir....???

you never gave it.

I dated a girl with NPD ( narcicist personality disorder) she was a fucking abusive nightmare.

my pHd friend said the only thing worse is BPD. BPD there is no turning back. They will suck you into their maze of madness.

good call i actually don't remember the last time. lol. i've been training hard since the mid 90s and don't really take time. its just a routine to get up at 5am and train hard. i should also mention i am trying to get a start up company going and only sleep 4-5 hours a night maybe thats it.

I missed this post the first time I looked. Between the divorce and starting your own company and only getting maybe 4 hours of sleep there is no way you can continue to workout like you normally do. With a schedule like that I am willing to bet your diet has suffered some too. You are best off cutting back on both the intensity and volume of your workout. I would start first by cutting down on the volume by doing fewer sets and maybe add an extra day of rest in the week. If lower volume doesn't do the trick then cut down on the intensity by doing higher reps and only do straight sets, no drop sets or rest pause etc.

No amount of super supplements can overcome a stress on your body like this. You are going to have to lay off and just try to maintain. After all, I am willing to bet that right now you are just barely maintaining on what you are doing. You could actually do a lot less in the gym and have the same physique, feel much better too. Once you get your life back in order than you can resume.

I don't know your age, but if you are over 40 like me then you start to see how workouts of the past become impractical because you just don't heal like you used to. Age may be a factor too.

I dated a girl with NPD ( narcicist personality disorder) she was a fucking abusive nightmare.

my pHd friend said the only thing worse is BPD. BPD there is no turning back. They will suck you into their maze of madness.

My ex was diagnosed borderline and you are 100% correct!

LMAO...

ALL women have "borderline" personality disorder....its hard coded
in their DNA....

your age sir....???

you never gave it.

:yeahthat::D

Thanks for the help guys.

36 years old.

Ya doctor says stressed out. I never thought I could be stressed out. I mean I sometimes would have some panic attacks but I just never really thought it would interfere with my recovery and workout.

Yes my crazy ass ex-wife has accused me of physical assault, sexual assault, hitting my kids, financial abuse, emotional abuse, and even nutritional abuse because I took my kids to McDs twice in one week (didn't have time to prep meals for my three boys). Of course I have a clean criminal record and nothing has stuck. The other day I went to pick up my three boys from daycare for my visitation and she called the cops on me. Told the daycare that I am a roid raging lunatic and drug dealer. Back in the mid 90s when we first met I was importing a lot of gear from IP, Russia, and the former Czechoslovakia. Now I just use personal use but she runs around town claiming I'm this huge drug dealer and tries to use this to restrict my kids from me.

Anyways I've taken some time off. Haven't worked out since monday. I can finally make a fist. Tomorrow we will try deadlifts again!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear