over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Extreme fatigue after lunch

It’s your food choice tortilla rice beans that’s heavy. Wake tomorrow have a cup of egg whites and 1/2 cup dry oats see if that happens

I'm saying yes as in I agree with you.
I had the same struggles as OP, and a couple ways to fight off post meal fatigue is to walk it off or avoid carbs during said meal

A chipotle burrito sometimes. High carbs for sure. I’ve noticed I’m definitely very sensitive to carbs

Whenever i eat a heavy lunch full of fat and carbs... I crash. Not so bad as it used to be, but i think i was pre-diabetic at the time.

Try eating a lighter lunch, something either protein/carbs only or protein/fat only.

When i did keto, i never got lunch crashes. I really think its the carb/sat fat combo that does it.

Also, look into your sleep patterns, 'not great' sleep, along with carb-coma, can make for a tiring afternoon or mid-morning.
Just because you dont have apnea, are you getting quality sleep? Are you a big snorer, etc? That disrupts quality sleep and it isnt apnea.

Anyways, looks like you have a few ideas here you can try, great advices from some folks here...

Same here other then high cholesterol I am pretty healthy. It's my lunch choices that make me want to go to sleep afterwards

I got that too from intermittent fasting when I was doing it. At least for me, in the morning I was running off just stress and adrenaline (had plenty of energy), but after the first meal I would crash hard. Part of the reason I stopped IF.

Old post, but I thought I'd mention that this happens to me now and also caused me to stop IF

No clue what started it, my diet didn't really change, but I'd be worthless by mid morning. Can't do it anymore

Back in 1997 when I was teaching I had a bad incident. It was about 5 pm, hours after school let out, and I was still working on some stuff. I was a bit tired but hungry and needed my snack. So I drank a big protein shake. Whey protein, no carbs.

I got really tired afterwards and it was time to drive home. I drove home and fell asleep at the wheel just 5 minutes from the school. Drove off the road and hit a tree. I think I was going full speed, about 55 mph. The Camaro slid sideways into the tree and was totalled. I had a strong concussion and don't remember much. Just remember rolling down the window in the winter hoping the cold air would keep me awake. I woke up in the hospital while I was getting a CAT scan.

So for me, protein can trigger sleepiness too. I think about how a big turkey dinner does it. Tryptophan contributes.

Back in 1997 when I was teaching I had a bad incident. It was about 5 pm, hours after school let out, and I was still working on some stuff. I was a bit tired but hungry and needed my snack. So I drank a big protein shake. Whey protein, no carbs.

I got really tired afterwards and it was time to drive home. I drove home and fell asleep at the wheel just 5 minutes from the school. Drove off the road and hit a tree. I think I was going full speed, about 55 mph. The Camaro slid sideways into the tree and was totalled. I had a strong concussion and don't remember much. Just remember rolling down the window in the winter hoping the cold air would keep me awake. I woke up in the hospital while I was getting a CAT scan.

So for me, protein can trigger sleepiness too. I think about how a big turkey dinner does it. Tryptophan contributes.

Your body may have treated the sudden rush of fast digesting protein as an influx of carbs just the same way, the insulin spike being similar or the same. There's not enough tryptophan in turkey to cause much physiological effect, the sleepiness you get is from the calorie glut and carb coma. Dont drink something consisting of just whey

yes.. i'm the same way after a protein shake.. dont even drink them anymore in the morning or afternoon.. maybe only at night.. and that is to only flavor my 12 raw egg shake. should probably look into using sugar free pudding.

Your body may have treated the sudden rush of fast digesting protein as an influx of carbs just the same way, the insulin spike being similar or the same. There's not enough tryptophan in turkey to cause much physiological effect, the sleepiness you get is from the calorie glut and carb coma. Dont drink something consisting of just whey
Good point, some fat to slow down absorption. I used to have some nuts with it. Then a few complex carbs.

Nah, I've seen Maldorf's yearbook pictures: the tree was just reaching out to scrape off the huge fake IROC-Z decals he plastered on the V6 automatic Camaro's door panels. The concussion itself was purely Mullet related.

Nah, I've seen Maldorf's yearbook pictures: the tree was just reaching out to scrape off the huge fake IROC-Z decals he plastered on the V6 automatic Camaro's door panels. The concussion itself was purely Mullet related.
Ha! It was actually a true Z 28 with a 350 in it. Back then it was a fast engine. I think it was about 275 hp, lol. Now my wife's 2.0 l 4 banger Volvo suv has 320 hp.

A chipotle burrito sometimes. High carbs for sure. I’ve noticed I’m definitely very sensitive to carbs
Lol bruh this is definitely the cause. Have you actually read the nutrition facts or even just paid attention to how much shit they stuff in there. I had a burrito bowl there a few weeks ago and it was retarded. I couldn’t finish half of it. There’s a reason this country is obese and I don’t care if people think Chipotle is “healthy”. Those bowls and burritos have an insane amount of calories and all these fatties sit there and eat the entire thing and wonder why they are such fat shits. That would put Michael Phelps to sleep. You can prob split that into 3 servings and still get the proper maintenance macros. And yeah taking a walk after will def help especially if you are a remote worker sitting in your house all day.

Lol bruh this is definitely the cause. Have you actually read the nutrition facts or even just paid attention to how much shit they stuff in there. I had a burrito bowl there a few weeks ago and it was retarded. I couldn’t finish half of it. There’s a reason this country is obese and I don’t care if people think Chipotle is “healthy”. Those bowls and burritos have an insane amount of calories and all these fatties sit there and eat the entire thing and wonder why they are such fat shits. That would put Michael Phelps to sleep. You can prob split that into 3 servings and still get the proper maintenance macros. And yeah taking a walk after will def help especially if you are a remote worker sitting in your house all day.

Their nutrition facts have to be way off, Chipotle seems to be a big underestimater

Americans eating there and Chick Fil A every day wondering why they're not losing weight lol

Like many others have said, carb coma. My opinion.

I used to have a cop of rice and split peas for lunch. I also used to have a
turkey leg other times. But after either of these meals I could keep my
forehead from hitting my desk after lunch, could not stay awake to save
my life, very very sleepy.

After connecting the dots we figured is was diet related. We soon changed
that as it was all good unless I went out to lunch and a had a few beers ;)

Do I blame my situation on just plain 'ol carbs.

Doesn't almost everyone get a little drowsy in the afternoon after a heavy lunch? Hits me about 2-3PM and unless I'm busy, I'm going to want a good power nap.

Can you drink a cup of coffee? Take a walk like folks here suggested? Stay busy. Should be pretty easily resolved if you're otherwise healthy. Web says Chipotle's burrito 640 calories? GTFOH! Must be two servings then LOL The Chipotle's near me, the burrito weighs about a 1lb or more and is AT LEAST 1,000 calories. Probably a good bit more. If I destroyed a whole Chipotle's lunch at noon, I would definitely be wanting a post-meal carb nap.

Also sodium... huge!

Doesn't almost everyone get a little drowsy in the afternoon after a heavy lunch? Hits me about 2-3PM and unless I'm busy, I'm going to want a good power nap.

Can you drink a cup of coffee? Take a walk like folks here suggested? Stay busy. Should be pretty easily resolved if you're otherwise healthy. Web says Chipotle's burrito 640 calories? GTFOH! Must be two servings then LOL The Chipotle's near me, the burrito weighs about a 1lb or more and is AT LEAST 1,000 calories. Probably a good bit more. If I destroyed a whole Chipotle's lunch at noon, I would definitely be wanting a post-meal carb nap.

Also sodium... huge!
Yes, the sodium load is incredible. I have to really watch it with my heart.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws