over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Extreme GI distress/gas after training

FuriousAngus

Registered
I recently posted about having issues with eating potatoes after training (extreme gas/discomfort), but one day I had to eat that particular meal early in the day and I got 0 issues from it. I tried replicating the same scenario several times and got the same results. It turns whatever I eat after training is now giving me extreme gas and discomfort. Anybody else had to deal with this issue before? Things I tried that did not help at all

- Waiting 1-3 hours before eating
- Changing meals
- removing fats, adding fats

I'm really puzzled because I don't recall having this issue (to this extent) before...

What about your pre-workout meal and intra-workout?

No intra, pre is an iso shake with a banana and cashews, doesn't really seem to give issues tho, but I havent changed it no.. I don't have problems after I eat my pre workout meal,or even during or after my workout. It'so nly after I eat that post workout meal

Might be the whey isolate. Have you tried any digestive enzymes or probiotics? Have you recently done a course of any antibiotics or anything?

Might be the whey isolate. Have you tried any digestive enzymes or probiotics? Have you recently done a course of any antibiotics or anything?
Havne't done any antibiotics in a long time.I recently added gold digestive enzymes and they do seem to help but not enough for me to not notice the issue. Thing is why would whey only bother me after my next meal post training and not after I consume it? I have another meal consisting of whey and cashews and that meal and the one after it seem to land just fine. I'm really thinking something is happening to my stomach during training

Havne't done any antibiotics in a long time.I recently added gold digestive enzymes and they do seem to help but not enough for me to not notice the issue. Thing is why would whey only bother me after my next meal post training and not after I consume it? I have another meal consisting of whey and cashews and that meal and the one after it seem to land just fine. I'm really thinking something is happening to my stomach during training
How much water do you drink during training? Has that amount changed at all recently?

You could try the bikram wind removing pose.

Well girls dont fart 😂😂😂🌹 But you could try stomach massage, lie flat on your back and press quite firmly on your tummy.. pushing/rubbing in circular clock wise motions, should help with trapped wind,, try it in morning when you wake up to,,, see if it gets your motions going. Worth a try 💩

How much water do you drink during training? Has that amount changed at all recently?
Sorry had to be away for a bit. Yes I've been drinking a LOT less water during training recently but Ialso had 0 issues doing that until just a few weeks ago. Two days ago I add MORE food to my protein/banana meal (changed to protein with pb sandwich) and that seemed to alleviate the problem by about 70%.. drinking LESS water with meals also seems to make a HUGE difference

I don't understand any of this, honestly, lol

Farting isn't an issue..it's the amount of gas that gets produced in my stomach/intestines that is VERY abnormal

Sorry had to be away for a bit. Yes I've been drinking a LOT less water during training recently but Ialso had 0 issues doing that until just a few weeks ago. Two days ago I add MORE food to my protein/banana meal (changed to protein with pb sandwich) and that seemed to alleviate the problem by about 70%.. drinking LESS water with meals also seems to make a HUGE difference

I don't understand any of this, honestly, lol

Farting isn't an issue..it's the amount of gas that gets produced in my stomach/intestines that is VERY abnormal

Hey, under the new WHO guidelines released last week, gassiness is a symptom of CoVid. No joke.

Hey, under the new WHO guidelines released last week, gassiness is a symptom of CoVid. No joke.
I actually though of that... I don't have any other symptoms and the gassiness seems to have calmed down a LOT...I was living by myself in another city eating the same foods with no issues until moved to visit and live with my parents for vacation.

Hard to get a test here right now, I don't live in the states (used to have drive-thru testing allover but they ran out this week)

I have gastric issues and I find ACV and probiotics beneficial. I do not do well with protein powders, esp Whey, so i rely on EAA's or pepto pro preferably.

I drink 1 tbsp and 1 teaspoon of honey in 8 oz of water twice a day.
Kosher Sauerkraut works wonder and mild Kimchi really helps with digestion. Probiotics are very important and the Sauerkraut and Kimchi should cover it but a supplement could be implemented also. Greek Yogurt from Goats milk has no digestive issues and has the benificial probiotics.

Curcumin and Fish oil are your best friends, and Trikatu (Ajuvedic herbs) is very effective for gas, per my experience.

I take Now Papaya Enzymes with every meal.

Cold liquids slow digestion and even metabolism so I drink only room temperature liquids near training sessions.

I am rated 65% disability by the VA for gerd and diverticulitis so issues are more serious that discomfort but I manage through dietary choices and holistic remedies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws