over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Extreme Immune Boosters?

+1 Glutathione

Also, SOD & NAC.

Pre/Probiotic - Vibrant Health Green Vibrance

+1 Glutathione

Also, SOD & NAC.

Pre/Probiotic - Vibrant Health Green Vibrance

I used to take the green vibrance some time ago but stopped it because I didn't really see/felt much difference compared to just eating veggies.

When the immune system comes up it's usually because a guy wants to feel good, have lots of energy/vitality, not get sick and simply be at his/her best mentally and physically.

It's common sense to get all of the above you need to start eating a well balanced nutritious diet containing an array of fruits, vegetables and fermented foods. Then of course drinking lots of water throughout the day. Then comes the vitamins, minerals, probiotics, prebiotics, anti-oxidants and flavonoids etc. Last is trying to live a fairly stress free life but keeping your mind engaged.

There are 1001 good things for you and we talk about them all the time on this forum. The purpose of this post is just a tip I have been doing to both aid my bodybuilding goals but also my general health and I guess you could say strenghten my immune system. Twice per day I have a synthepure fruit smoothie full of energy promoting ingredients. So I get the protein I need but also a mixture of useful ingredients. Vegans could use Hemp or pea protein in these shakes. Earlier I had...

1 scoop of synthepure whey isolate
1 Apple
1 Kiwi
Frozen Berries (Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries and Redcurrants)
Mache Leaves
Raw Cacao Powder
Chia Powder from organic chia seeds
Almonds
Acai Berry Powder
Water

2ivgrpi.jpg

(pic taken before mixing then adding extra ingredients)

Last edited:
IL-2 and interferon..anything else isnt trying hard enough ;-)

I got an awesome shirt last week as a late bday gift.. it says " Gluten enthusiast" i cant wait to wear it around my city lol

Seriously though.. Im not sure anything really truely naturally "boosts" your immune system. There are things that help maintain normal function of the innate and adaptive immune system. The focus should be on staying health, preventing illness and keeping your immune system running optimally. Really not sure anything is gonna " boost it" as what does that even mean... and if one could..should u... i mean ever hear of autoimmune disease?

Yes, and to expand on what LK3 said- I read in a book that a healthy immune system is acctually very tolerant and doesn't go around attacking everything, which was called an overactive immune system, the possible cause of auto immune disorders. Our food, water and living conditions are so clean these days that our immune systems are not used to these conditions after living in filth for the last 100,000 years. So our immune systems are bored and attack our own bodies.

Yes, and to expand on what LK3 said- I read in a book that a healthy immune system is acctually very tolerant and doesn't go around attacking everything, which was called an overactive immune system, the possible cause of auto immune disorders. Our food, water and living conditions are so clean these days that our immune systems are not used to these conditions after living in filth for the last 100,000 years. So our immune systems are bored and attack our own bodies.

not boredom bro...
STRESS

but weird stress, fucked up chemistry over time, fucked up nutrients over time and modern medicine keeping babies that would normally die alive.

this is bad news as much as we might like to think otherwise...

a giant % of us would not be here if not for modern medicine, we are not good enough or strong enough or genetically gifted, we would probably die in a more "natural" setting.

the millions of years before the last 500 or so were very different. once we start getting bigger populations in cities n shit life changed big time.

the other thing is that here, we also have very unrealistic expectation about how we should look and perform. taking all this shit n doing all this shit is often not so good and probably leads many to inflammatory conditions.

i have also found ppl with auto immune shit usually have head issues. its all connected... most are pretty fucked up organisms, we try to break it down n compartmentalize it as its easier but need to look at the body in these things as one unite.

As for colon cleanse, the healthier option IMO would be massive doses of psyllium husks three times a day (like three tablespoons morning, lunch and night 30 min before meals) for a few days straight, with a very light diet. Stopping starches and eating fruits instead for carbs, no dairy, and you should be fine. :)

Otherwise, huge doses of magnesium/potassium chlorure should have a very quick laxative effect, but I wouldn't really recommend it...

Probiotics are great, but too many people forget about PREbiotics when they take them. FOS (fructo oligo saccharides) like inulin should always be consumed jointly, as they make them much more efficient.
Phidias hi mate regd psyllium husk..

do you or anyone reading this think there are people who just can not consume fibre/psyllium husk?

right so this is what happened. I started taking psyllium husk in tabs and introduced to one of my training partner too. dude could not thank me enough ! it made him soooooo regular , few caps a night. he rated it 10/10

guess what happened with me..

it juat bloated me further. distension and I would just not visit loo for a day or so .

I tried all sorts of Dosages , tiny tea spoon to heaped giant table spoon. sometimes 2-3. tried very low to very high dosages of psyllium.

even measured it from 3 gm to 10 to 15 gms at times

took it with plenty of water.

I have tried powder and caps from 2 of the top brands.

i know i know they say introduce fibre slowly and let your system adjust to it. i did 100 percent, tried to work up from really low.

End result ?? It never made me regular. Very unfortunate. I dont know what else i could have done or could do?

I even started again and 2 days ago after dinner took 1 heaped tea spoon ( 3 gm) and yesterday same story i did not go loo. bloated and distended. I still went ahead and consumed 1 heaped tea spoon last night as well, wanting to see what happens.

Soooo I went loo today , had a "semi release" not a total clear out . Stools were more on the dry hard side & not soft and it was little difficult to pass.

I think i need to drop it psyllium husk! its not for me. Dont know how else i can make it work for me.

Any suggestions anyone ? thanks

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:

yes there are a few theories regarding autoimmune disease. I know of at least 1-2 studies done looking at the immune systems of that of kids in like the 3rd world and those living here in the US looking at allergies etc and yes there is a certain component of "filth" that i believe our immune systems can step up to the plate and perform better or adapt.

With regards to autoimmune specifically i believe there are two causes and to go entirely into one camp would be an error

1. Overactive immune system that is not responding to a pathogen but is faulty in itself and is now attacking self. I believe this to be true both in concept and in real world applications. If one was to "boost" there immune system this could be a real issue. Again..im not sure anything OTC is going to actually " boost" it.

2. Immune system responding to a pathogen and is sort of accidentally cross reacting with self. If one was to remove the pathogen immune system wouldnt have a reason to be overactive hence decrease autoimmune isssues.

Ones immune system is built to attack its own cells... its just supposed to do it appropriately in order to kill intracellular infections and cancer etc. Its a fine balance though.

Maitake Works for Me

I take a product that isolates a chain sugar from maitake mushrooms designated 1-3,1-6 beta glucans. Was tested in double blind studies by Emory U and found to be a significant immune system booster. Gooogle it. I can't remember all the proof.

Been using this stuff for several years and rarely get sick. Any colds or flu I do experience are minor and clear up within 3 days. Just don't get carried away with this stuff. I once over did it and killed off all the microflora in my gut. Didn't poop right for a month while eating mass quantities of probiotics trying to get my colon jump started again.

Hello Emeric.

The future of target drug treatments are being focused on selective microorganisms. So far looks pretty interesting!

Emeric, are you aware of any literature (recent or past) on the interplay relationship between the villi and microbiome/microbiota? Or similar?

Thanks
Kirk

Yes.

do you or anyone reading this think there are people who just can not consume fibre/psyllium husk?

it juat bloated me further. distension and I would just not visit loo for a day or so .

I think i need to drop it psyllium husk! its not for me. Dont know how else i can make it work for me.

Any suggestions anyone ? thanks

Well, Dev, all the symptoms you describe sound more like the consequences of an imbalance in your intestinal microbiome, often caused by bacterias such as Escherichia Coli, that become more and more powerful and resistant to antibiotics (cause people abuse those, most of the time when not even needed).

Helicobacter pylori in your stomach could cause the same symptoms too.

If I were you, I'd get checked... it's definitely not normal to be bloated all the time, heavy amounts of food or not. :eek:

Well, Dev, all the symptoms you describe sound more like the consequences of an imbalance in your intestinal microbiome, often caused by bacterias such as Escherichia Coli, that become more and more powerful and resistant to antibiotics (cause people abuse those, most of the time when not even needed).

Helicobacter pylori in your stomach could cause the same symptoms too.

If I were you, I'd get checked... it's definitely not normal to be bloated all the time, heavy amounts of food or not. :eek:

Phidias many thanks for your input mate. ok this is a interesting new angle I need to explore to fix the issue.

I defo do not do heavy food I can assure u trying to overstuff myself. May be occasionally when its something delicious :)

just some further info...

I have been well convinced for a long time that it was visceral fat accumulation. I have not even used insulin ever. Only ever did 2 kits of pharma GH in my life. i have never used UG GH or peptides of any type. so it cant be a combo of gh and insulin and organ growth whatever.

Anyway i still got a DEXA scan in london as i was convinced it was visceral fat.

do you know what the guy who did the scan on me and discussed my results said ...

" Visceral fat should be not your worry here" . He was convinced the distension was NOT due to visceral fat. I did have some visceral fat yes but it was not significant enough. He said to me, may be you need to find a diff way to train your abs perhaps.

I was like man i am positive I know all the ways possible to train abs. i mean rectus abdominals, TVA, obliques. that is all. Its not that fucking complicated. People make it rocket science with all the funky stuff.

so may be i got this bacterial infection? how do i get it checked out mate ?

Dev as I always said I doubt it was visceral fat for you. It's not the way you train your abs either but sure imbalances could add to the problem. Do you realize how bad some vegetables can bloat people? Beans and peas are some of the worst for many people. I know you eat huge amounts of green beans so perhaps they are contributing to the issue. It's not just the amount of food but the types of food.

Don't you also have a few protein bars occasionally. If it were me I would stop eating all green beans for a few weeks just to see if that's the issue. If not at least you know and can see if it's anything else. Don't you eat oats/oatmeal so perhaps that could be another thing to experiment with (but do them 1 at a time). Here is a video worth watching...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLPO_WMGOQ"]Rhino's Rhants #19 - Training your metabolism - YouTube[/ame]

Dev as I always said I doubt it was visceral fat for you. It's not the way you train your abs either but sure imbalances could add to the problem. Do you realize how bad some vegetables can bloat people? Beans and peas are some of the worst for many people. I know you eat huge amounts of green beans so perhaps they are contributing to the issue. It's not just the amount of food but the types of food.

Don't you also have a few protein bars occasionally. If it were me I would stop eating all green beans for a few weeks just to see if that's the issue. If not at least you know and can see if it's anything else. Don't you eat oats/oatmeal so perhaps that could be another thing to experiment with (but do them 1 at a time). Here is a video worth watching...

Rhino's Rhants #19 - Training your metabolism - YouTube
yes u always said visceral fat was not the issue mate for my abdominal distension:) Atleast not to the level i get it anyway.
so did the guy who run the dexa scan company.

i have seen the videos few times.

copied & pasted the articles stan attached to my mails. all in my database.

true he talked about green beans.

but guess what i suspected this already so after i cut out whey totally n was using beef iso which did not help . i tried cutting green beans. it has been easy 5-6 weeks i have not touched green beans. zero nothing. again no diff.

protein bar i rarely have now. cos it makes me gassy & fart nasty. mrs banned it for me lol. cant remember when i had the last bar. very very occassionally. I mainly cut it cos it has oligosaccrides which is undigestable fibre which causes GI issues. it defo makes me fart bad like in 3-5 hours. tested it many many times.

my oats are gluten free. i only have them on the days i m working in the morning.

i was thinking may be switch to rice cereals ?

also i have those bagels u know dr zak ones. 1 or 2 a day as i cut out rice as started diet. those have fibre - protein so it fills u up compare to rice.

may be I should cut that too & just use rice & rice cereals for my carb sources. Stan says rice is the easiest digesting carbs. i love rice. can have all day long. no problem.

Last edited:
How beneficial do you think the mushroom supplements are? I take most of everything but I can't stand eating mushrooms and I've always read there are like 20 different types of mushroom extract you can take but how beneficial are these really and if so what are the best ones, brands, and doses? Thanks

yes u always said visceral fat was not the issue mate for my abdominal distension:) Atleast not to the level i get it anyway.
so did the guy who run the dexa scan company.

i have seen the videos few times.

copied & pasted the articles stan attached to my mails. all in my database.

true he talked about green beans.

but guess what i suspected this already so after i cut out whey totally n was using beef iso which did not help . i tried cutting green beans. it has been easy 5-6 weeks i have not touched green beans. zero nothing. again no diff.

protein bar i rarely have now. cos it makes me gassy & fart nasty. mrs banned it for me lol. cant remember when i had the last bar. very very occassionally. I mainly cut it cos it has oligosaccrides which is undigestable fibre which causes GI issues. it defo makes me fart bad like in 3-5 hours. tested it many many times.

my oats are gluten free. i only have them on the days i m working in the morning.

i was thinking may be switch to rice cereals ?

also i have those bagels u know dr zak ones. 1 or 2 a day as i cut out rice as started diet. those have fibre - protein so it fills u up compare to rice.

may be I should cut that too & just use rice & rice cereals for my carb sources. Stan says rice is the easiest digesting carbs. i love rice. can have all day long. no problem.

Yes, Inulin, IMO, FOS, GOS, XOS are not pre fermented prebiotics all contains fructose molecules, all need to be fermented in the intestine, during the fermentation it will feed the bad bacteria also and it will cause flatulence, bloating, and diarrhea if you consume to much.

Yes, Inulin, IMO, FOS, GOS, XOS are not pre fermented prebiotics all contains fructose molecules, all need to be fermented in the intestine, during the fermentation it will feed the bad bacteria also and it will cause flatulence, bloating, and diarrhea if you consume to much.
thank u for your input Emeric.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Melatonin, glutathione and fermented foods. Very immunosupportive.

A healthy gut/colon (large intestine) microbiome ecosystem is where it all starts.

Should I be using reduced glutathione suppositories? :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner