over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Extreme Knee Pain

concreteguy

Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I need advise. My right knee is killing me doing legs. So bad it shut me down 3/4 into the program tonight. It hurt just above and below my kneecap. I'm currently doing an extensive warm up and slowly building in weight. When I get to eight plates on the sled I can finish my set of 15 but IM DONE after that. Lights out. I'm taking 800mgs curcumin twice a day witch helps but seams to have failed me tonight. The pain will go on for a full day or two after this. You guys have any advise other than "don't do it"?

BTW: I know I'm old as dirt so lets not go there ok :)

Not to speak for Jordan, but his advice will probably be something like this:

- avoid exercises that cause pain or lower volume and weight such that the pain is not too bad. So a dull pressure like pain would be fine if it does not intensify during the exercise, but movements that cause sharp sudden pain should be avoided. When pain improves, slowly ease back into it.

- supplement with Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Curcumin, omega3s and Boswellia

- Inject BPC157 close to the injury site

I would add to the above: High dose GH and Supplementation with MSM and vitamin B5. Also, in the acute phase, cooling the injury site and application of topical NSAID may be useful.

Last edited:
My knees are so messed up, I was told long ago that knee replacement is in my future. Many years of super high weight leg workouts along with tendon damage has my leg workouts a shadow of years ago. I do find now the lower weight and high reps are helping me stay in the game.
I am looking to try Synvisc injections for the knees, I hear good things.

I was just about to make a post on this.!!

I have what I suspect is platelar tendonitis , both my knees hurt when squating just body weight or sitting for extended periods like driving.

If I use knee wraps it's not an issue and I can squat heavy or high volume but hrs later they ache like crazy.!!

Search for Voodoo Flossing for knee pain on Youtube. It works wonders for me.

Try knee sleeves or knee wraps. You'll still need to work on the root cause but depending on severity they can help you train around it easier.

Amazing. I started having the same symptoms! But foam rolling saved me. Check this out - I foam rolled one day at the very lower portion of the quads just above the knee on all sides - tear drop and outer sweep. The next minute I felt better. It may be some tightness in that part of the quad you can't pin point with just stretches. Try it out. Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I get a sharp shooting pain through my left knee. I can get it walking down stairs just putting pressure on it. So frustrating!

I was just about to make a post on this.!!

I have what I suspect is platelar tendonitis , both my knees hurt when squating just body weight or sitting for extended periods like driving.

If I use knee wraps it's not an issue and I can squat heavy or high volume but hrs later they ache like crazy.!!

id get this too. to this day i cringe when i kneel down even tho i dont hurt anymore. patellar tendonitis. more above the kneecap. id go hiking and need a walking stick for hills, sitting in a chair made em ache so bad too.
quit heavy legs, the pain mostly went away. quit direct leg workouts entirely, just hiking and biking, no pain all year.

Things that may help:

Supplements:
  • BPC 157 and TB-500, injected around the injured area
  • Chondroitin
  • Cissus powder
  • Hydrolyzed collagen
  • extra Vitamin C
  • hGH or GH peptides
  • Curcumin (which you're already doing)

Physical products:
  • Wear SBD knee sleeves (or another quality brand of neoprene)

Advice:
  • warm up properly, and limit volume. My knees usually feel bad after I do excessive volume on them

Did you ask JP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, he said to stop any and all exercises that create pain and to move all my rep ranges over 15.

Sorry to hear this brother. My knees are okay at this point but I had to stop doing any heavy leg days a long time ago. Because I kept having that same type of pain. I am sure with all this good advice you will feel better in no time. Good luck and quick healing brother.

I need advise. My right knee is killing me doing legs. So bad it shut me down 3/4 into the program tonight. It hurt just above and below my kneecap. I'm currently doing an extensive warm up and slowly building in weight. When I get to eight plates on the sled I can finish my set of 15 but IM DONE after that. Lights out. I'm taking 800mgs curcumin twice a day witch helps but seams to have failed me tonight. The pain will go on for a full day or two after this. You guys have any advise other than "don't do it"?

BTW: I know I'm old as dirt so lets not go there ok :)

I developed the same in both knees about 6 months back. Swear it's tendonitis. Flossing, rolling only provides temporary relief. Really painful just to squat down with bodyweight. Once I get them moving and warmed up, the pain goes away until I leave the joint inactive for a while.

Now spending a lot of time stretching my quads to see if I can get that tendon to loosen up a bit...doesn't seem to help. A PT mentioned that it could be that I'm strengthening/growing my quads at a disproportional rate to hamstrings and maybe need to focus more on hamstrings. I'm giving that a go.

Don't know where to go from here.

how about not guessing and get an MRI..is that an option?

You said your not exactly young anymore yet ppl are thinking tedonitis..well odds are its a bare minimum of tenoNOSIS which can subject to future injury easily.

Maybe there is already a partial tear...maybe you have partial avulsion..possible hoffa fat pad all sorts of inflammed..

Ohh..how about about its not really patellar but its chondral..maybe fem trochlear cartilage is all messed up..or a plica is rubbing.. how about a joint body sitting there.

I can go on and on and on all day.. see a doctor. Get an exam. Get an mri.. find out what is wrong and treat what the underlying issue actually is.

Its like saying..ohh my car makes a weird sound from the engine when i hit the gas....instead of finding out what is wrong someone says oh my car made a weird sound once and it was an exhaust lead from my headers..sooo you should tighten them up... anyone anywhere would be like wtf... but when it comes to medicine we are gonna start injecting stuff and taking things without even knowing the issue.

Get worked up. come back. PM me after you post the MRI findings and we can discuss management.

Get an MRI. I have something similar and got an MRI last week. Here was the report. Only know can I seek proper treatment.

EXAMINATION: MRI Scan of the Left Knee HISTORY: Left knee pain over patella on and off.
Technique: High-field multiplanar magnetic resonance images were obtained using fat weighted and water weighted sequences.
Findings:
Minimal suprapatellar joint fluid is seen. Moderate grade distal quadriceps tendinopathy is seen with areas of interstitial fraying but no full-thickness tear. Surrounding soft tissue swelling is seen.
There is no high-grade chondromalacia patella. Cruciate ligaments are intact. There is mild swelling along the MCL. The LCL complex is intact.
Medial and lateral meniscus are intact without evidence of tear.
Impression: Moderate grade distal quadriceps tendinopathy with interstitial fraying.

Drop DHT derivatives. Stick to wet compounds like deca.
Add more oils, nuts, avocados, good fats.
I know you like to stay dry looking year round but it’s hard on the joints.
Avoid the exercises that cause the pain. Hacks are horrible on the knees.
An orthopedic surgeon told me to develop your hams to quads in a 5:4 ratio. You need bigger hams than quads to align the knee in the proper spot.

Get an MRI. I have something similar and got an MRI last week. Here was the report. Only know can I seek proper treatment.

EXAMINATION: MRI Scan of the Left Knee HISTORY: Left knee pain over patella on and off.
Technique: High-field multiplanar magnetic resonance images were obtained using fat weighted and water weighted sequences.
Findings:
Minimal suprapatellar joint fluid is seen. Moderate grade distal quadriceps tendinopathy is seen with areas of interstitial fraying but no full-thickness tear. Surrounding soft tissue swelling is seen.
There is no high-grade chondromalacia patella. Cruciate ligaments are intact. There is mild swelling along the MCL. The LCL complex is intact.
Medial and lateral meniscus are intact without evidence of tear.
Impression: Moderate grade distal quadriceps tendinopathy with interstitial fraying.

I wish i could read an MRI in that little detail using those descriptors but id get fired.

At least you now know that your tendinosis has led to some partial tears and if you keep doing down this path its gonna go full thickness then complete.

My issues with that report is not describing the mcl no mention of bone and joint spaces, no marrow signal, they say no high grade chondromalacia ( shouldnt even be using that term) but what about moderate grade or any subchondral issues? No mention of patellafemoral joint or PFL. Also didnt talk about patella tendon. Id be embarrassed to put out a report like that.

how about not guessing and get an MRI..is that an option?

You said your not exactly young anymore yet ppl are thinking tedonitis..well odds are its a bare minimum of tenoNOSIS which can subject to future injury easily.

Maybe there is already a partial tear...maybe you have partial avulsion..possible hoffa fat pad all sorts of inflammed..

Ohh..how about about its not really patellar but its chondral..maybe fem trochlear cartilage is all messed up..or a plica is rubbing.. how about a joint body sitting there.

I can go on and on and on all day.. see a doctor. Get an exam. Get an mri.. find out what is wrong and treat what the underlying issue actually is.

Its like saying..ohh my car makes a weird sound from the engine when i hit the gas....instead of finding out what is wrong someone says oh my car made a weird sound once and it was an exhaust lead from my headers..sooo you should tighten them up... anyone anywhere would be like wtf... but when it comes to medicine we are gonna start injecting stuff and taking things without even knowing the issue.

Get worked up. come back. PM me after you post the MRI findings and we can discuss management.
How would it help to know what specific pathology is causing the pain? It's not like there are many specialized (non-surgical) treatment options. I get that an MRI is helpful when considering surgical options, and if his knee pain does not improve, that is definitely something to be considered.

The alternative to surgery is to allow your own body to repair the damage, and to prevent excessive inflammation from doing additional damage.

A treatment plan as above is a shotgun approach that would help irrespective of whether the problem is tendinopathy, chondral, or whatever. Excess inflammation is adressed with Curcumin, cold packs, NSAID, and GH and BPC157 have been shown to promote healing in joints, tendons, ligaments alike, so again you may not need to figure out the exact pathology to treat it.

Also, given that both knees are affected and that the pain was preceded by high intensity weight training, a tendinopathy seems very likely.

And lastly, even if it is a structural issue that can't be addressed with the above approach: as long as training is restricted to pain free movements, you won't make the damage worse. So if the problem persists, you can still get an MRI and go for surgery.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131