over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

F*** The Arnold Classic

Dude it not branch fault he place 2nd you should be mad at the ifbb branch did every thing he can to look his best you have respect branch he does not have prettiest or have the best genetics but he able to beat guys that he should not have you have respect that

Arnold does give todays guys credit, all he is saying is that the judges should reward someone like Cedric who is huge, shapely, athletic looking instead of branch who is just huge and grainy. judges should reward what most people would want to look like, and i guarantee you that most people would rather look like Cedric than Branch Warren.

Saying that "most people would want...."is not a reasonable argument to dictate standards. Most people eat McDonald's and Burger King. Does that make a Big Mack the standard of culinary excellence that everyone should hold up as ideal?

Of course not. I agree that the gut issue has gotten way out of hand (insulin is the main culprit) and must be addressed.

However, that does not mean that we should throw away conditioning as one of the 3 main criteria. We cannot reward people for coming in looking like they are 6 weeks out. Not in any way acceptable. Sorry, you have to look hard and dense if you want a shot at the top.

Muscles need to pop, and people need to say "holy s^%t.

Bodybuilding has always been a bit of a freak show. In fact, that has been what made it appealing to me. I don't care what Bob or Sally thinks.

Why do we need to appeal to the masses? Plenty of sports do that.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHjXhCz3uKI"]The Arnold Classic 1996/ Kevin Levrone - YouTube[/ame]

To you hideous, to us freaks, monster freak. Bodybuilding is about Monsters, Superman, Hulk. This is not a physique male model show. Period.

I guess if you mean yelling profanities before each set, throwing around weights and having the worst form in the world then yep he's "hardcore" :rolleyes:

maybe he is on to something..bad form seems to work

You really think Branch is bad? He looks great. I don't really see any competition comparing this pic. He looks better than ronnie's olympia days in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more!

Almost 20 years later these guys still look better and would beat the guys in today's Arnold. Looks like this year Branch could teach a few guys about conditioning and how to train legs.

I was just thinking the same thing. These guys to me actually look bigger than today's competition. Especially the top 3. Maybe its the V taper? I am shocked actually. And the whole show looks better done, maybe because its on ESPN.

the-23rd-arnold-classic_d.jpg

Nassar when he won the AC... Compare this to today.

Dude it not branch fault he place 2nd you should be mad at the ifbb branch did every thing he can to look his best you have respect branch he does not have prettiest or have the best genetics but he able to beat guys that he should not have you have respect that

how dare you be so reasonable and level-headed! grrr

Cedric didn't deserve it, because he didn't have ass striations. Ass striations are what put butts in the seats and brings sponsors out. Arnold is just jealous. Imagine how many more women Arnold would of had back in his day if he just had a veiny ass.

It would be the first thing I would look for as a judge. Obvious SEO? Not a big deal. Big gut? Don't care. Calves that belong on a teen girl? Meh. Grainy ass is top priority.

Last edited:
Id like to see the old school vacuum pose double bicep...I can only dream......

Agree with you 100 % Bro! What happened to the wide shoulders, narrow waist "V-Shape" that you would always see in the top competitors? I think I've seen some pics of Dennis Wolf with amazing shoulder / waist differential but other than him, that doesn't seem to be a priority anymore.

Do you guys think it still should be a priority?

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

PS I met Sergio Oliva on the street one day back in the 70's and he was so incredibly freakish looking with incredibly wide shoulders, huge chest and arms and almost no waist. It was an amazing site. Wish more still looked that way.

Attachments

• Sergio 5.jpg
    Sergio 5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 121
Judge that competition only based on physique/condition from the waste down from the backside of each competitor. 2 of those guys look like they never worked calves at all...

Branch wins hands down:star-w;rs

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner